• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days Crazy Connection to BBS that i noticed like 4 monthes ago but never posted it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Which is why, basically, Jack has no reason to NOT be strong Hearted :v you basically supported my point when I half shot it in the foot.

Uh, the point I made there doesn't further or hinder either of our arguments.
Jack has no reason NOT to be strong hearted based on that, nor does he have reason to BE strong hearted based on that, so it was pointless of you to bring up. There are countless of "good" people that can't wield a keyblade. Instead, we must look at his actual character, which certainly points against being strong hearted- or at least having a heart strong enough to wield a keyblade.

Spikeyroxas

Whats the difference between a fake an real keyblade?
They both can release hearts and own you right?
And i like associating roxas saying "shut up" to when ven says it to braig heh.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Well, BBS raises an interesting point of whether or not it can release the Hearts of other people. Xion's Keyblade was based on what Sora remembered his own Keyblade being capable of, so I kind of doubt she'd have been able to pull that off, for one, aside from purifying the Hearts the Emblem Heartless held. Also, while most likely she could've done it, we've never seen her use the Keyblade to unlock or lock stuff which makes it not that clear-cut about whether or not she could do it.
In a nutshell, when we're dealing with Xion's "fake" Keyblade, it most likely lacks all of the abilities, aside from the make-up. Keep in mind we're dealing with a mythical weapon that can choose its own Master and reside inside their Hearts. I think that Xion's Keyblade, despite its ability to release Hearts from Heartless, comes even a tiny bit close to that.

Spikeyroxas

What i meant was if heartless hearts could only be released by a keyblade, then xions must have been able to do that.
Also id think of data soras ( in recoded) keyblade as being fake as maleficant is able to destroy it)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Actually, if you destroy a heartless with any capable weapon you can release the heart that heartless has captured...the difference is that hearts released by other Weapons just wander around for a bit and then turn into a heartless again, while hearts released by a keyblade go either back to their respective body and recreate the normal being (normal case) or are sent to the artificial Kingdom Hearts of Org XIII (as it was the case in Days and KH II).

In fact, the first keyblade Data Sora uses in Coded/Re: Coded is a data keyblade programmed by Mickey.

Spikeyroxas

I remember when kh1 came out and the story was easy to understand.
Now things i knew are the bits i find hard to understand lol.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What i meant was if heartless hearts could only be released by a keyblade, then xions must have been able to do that.

Xion copied all of Sora's abilities through his Memories, so she also copied the ability to release the Hearts from the Heartless. That hardly means the weapon she used, which was the Kingdom Key in shape, is an actual Keyblade. Saying that is about as ridiculous as saying Xion herself is Sora because she has all of his Memories.

Actually, if you destroy a heartless with any capable weapon you can release the heart that heartless has captured...the difference is that hearts released by other Weapons just wander around for a bit and then turn into a heartless again, while hearts released by a keyblade go either back to their respective body and recreate the normal being (normal case) or are sent to the artificial Kingdom Hearts of Org XIII (as it was the case in Days and KH II).

You forgot the third case, being that the purified Heart stays in a static case until the Vessel is purified too from being a Nobody, a state that was interrupted by Organization XIII's artificial Kingdom Hearts.

I remember when kh1 came out and the story was easy to understand.
Now things i knew are the bits i find hard to understand lol.

KH1 didn't really have a plot TO understand... it was pretty straight forward.

Spikeyroxas

I doubt a sora memory contained how to capture a heart.
As quoted from AtW "hearts are unpredictable" (not sure why i quoted that, just seemed relevant)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Got me again, Smile...;)

Yeah, the third, more rare case is when there's also a nobody, then the heart needs to wait until the nobody is destroyed, too.
Or like Grass said in another thread, having a nobody actually complicates the entire ordeal/circle.

By the way...does it have severe negative consequences if you slay the nobody before the corresponding heartless? I.e. if Sora had vanquished Xemnas before getting rid of Ansem SoD?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I doubt a sora memory contained how to capture a heart.

Seeing the vast amount of Heartless he's slain in KH1? And seeing how Xion was also absorbing Roxas's Memories while -he- was slaying Heartless?
I think she contained more than enough Memories that had a good enough description of that power and how to use it even if on a subconscious level.

As quoted from AtW "hearts are unpredictable" (not sure why i quoted that, just seemed relevant)

It's not.

Got me again, Smile...;)

8D do ho.

By the way...does it have severe negative consequences if you slay the nobody before the corresponding heartless? I.e. if Sora had vanquished Xemnas before getting rid of Ansem SoD?

The last I remember of this was from Another Report, Nomura didn't give a clear cut answer about this. He said the whole being might be reformed but never explained the conditions or the complications.
You need to get lucky is how I always took it.

Spikeyroxas

Sorta makes you wonder if all nobodies can be restored (such as Axel) by defeating the heartless versions (assuming there is heartless versions)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The last I remember of this was from Another Report, Nomura didn't give a clear cut answer about this. He said the whole being might be reformed but never explained the conditions or the complications.
You need to get lucky is how I always took it.

Typical Nomura....that's one reason why there are so many loop holes/things that don't go together, some things he explains thoroughly, some he left in the dark.
I think the key answer to this would lay in the facts of what happens to the body and soul which make up the nobody that was slain. Since the heart is still captured by the corresponding heartless, are body and soul "stored" away in the RoD until the heart is freed, or do they vanish completely and if the heartless is defeated later the freed heart goes back to the original Kingdom Hearts?
Well...all just assumptions, so take one you like for yourself the most...;)

Spikeyroxas

Sorry i live in the UK and cant play any of the FM's and didnt know nomura confirmed this...

Awards
And i like associating roxas saying "shut up" to when ven says it to braig heh.

I think this theory explains it rather nicely.
Originally, I took issue with the claim that Xion's keyblade was "fake." We know that she sends hearts to Kingdom Hearts. So if you have a fake keyblade that looks like a real keyblade, hell, probably tastes like a real keyblade, but most importantly acts like a real keyblade, then how is it fake? It really isn't, the label "fake" is nominal at best. Artificial, maybe, but if I made an artificial giraffe from scratch and it looked/acted/etc exactly like any giraffe born of natural means, then how is that FAKE? More disconcerting is the fact that, by giving a fake keyblade the abilitiy to release hearts, it robs the real keyblades of what makes them special.

But this provides an answer.
Basically, up until Roxas inadverdently performs the rite on Xion, her keyblade was fake. And it wasn't actually sending hearts to Kingdom Hearts, just doing what any other normal weapon would do. In other words, it only looked like a keyblade (similar to how Zexion had a keyblade when posing as Sora, it was based on the projection of memories). But after that, with her own, real keyblade, she was truly releasing hearts.

Spikeyroxas

Yeah
I know what you both are saying. The fact that any weapon weilder can defeat a heartless and release a heart (but it just gets caught by another heartless)
But only a keyblade will send those hearts to their "true" destination.

Could it be possible that riku only said that to her to make her believe she was fake an not the keyblade she was using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back