• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Lore Elements Do You Think WILL NOT Go Forward Into Phase 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KH is loaded with lore. There's heartless, nobodies, keyblades, mark of mastery, time travel, replicas... the list goes on and on. Which elements of the lore do you see actually going forward into Phase 2 and which ones do you think will not?

I think Nomura's quick cleanup of all the nobodies is for him to brush that under the rug ASAP, especially considering the amount of possible confusion that can come from time travel and nobodies. The nobodies also seemed like a very Phase 1 thing, considering that one of the major aspects of the plot revolved around the assembly of nobodies. Speaking of time travel, I think that it will be abandoned in favour of the "world lines". Time travel will be the means of getting all the KHUX people (who aren't in different "world lines") back into the main timeline, then I think it will be dropped in favour of world line hopping. I also think that the heartless in general will also be dropped - in the sense that they will just become background noise (like they were in KH3). They won't be this threat that Sora has to stop, but rather a nuisance in each world and the enemies that fill the worlds for us (gameplay wise). It's kind of sad that they will never return to the importance they had in KH1-2.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Awards
I don't quite think they're done with nobodies yet unless the nobody symbol on Yozora's earing means nothing at all. Replicas, I think, will no longer come into play as in no new ones will be created.
Something that I worry about is the number of characters. Now that there are so many, finding things meaningful for all of them to do is going to be difficult.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
There are a few plot points I think wont come up and are deemed wrapped up.

Naminé's weird existence as a "Nobody", last time we were teased with there being more to it was in Days and that's over a decade ago.

I also feel like Replicas will be forgotten again, they served their purpose of bringing characters back and I don't see them becoming anything recurring after 3, unless the Time Travelers will all need new bodies.

The Keyblade of Hearts also seems unlikely to return, it's been basically forgotten since KH1 and it's special power has been shown to be something other keyblades can do too. Also it's basically been replaced with the χ-blade

I guess after KH2 the whole "Sora is the one to open the Door to Light" thing is done. The light portal his connection to Kairi opened isn't really what I was expecting after seeing the Door to Darkness, but it's been years since it's been mentioned so I guess that was it?

AegisXIII

Awards
time travel, world lines and power of waking seem to be linked so they will most likely be the focus.
Maybe emblem heartless and nobodies, but pure blood heartless will have a lot to do in the future considering we are still investigating what "darkness" is.
However I think we will see new ennemies made of light. That could be interesting. I have the feeling that the second phase will be about the "tyranny of light" or something like that.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
  • The Keyblade of Hearts from Kingdom Hearts 1. That thing is only referenced in supplementary material and reports.
  • Pluto and his mystery letter.
  • Locking worlds from the Heartless

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
1. I don't see what else can be done with Replicas so I guess they can be retired.

2. I think the X Blade is finished as well. Even if it's still in Sora's possession I doubt he will use if again

I would hope Nobodies aren't finished yet. We still haven't seen the ones belonging to Lexeus, Vexen, and Zexion(even if they are no longer Nobodies)

Mexican Sora

Awards
I expect the Xehanort from DR to make an appearance in the present timeline, but this time aiding us. As far as nobodies go, there's nobody to command them anymore except maybe Luxu.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I feel like Heartless will continue to be a thing, just because. Nobodies will maybe take a slight backseat but still be present. I doubt Unversed will have much of a place unless they become the new main army for Darkness (since it seems he and Vanitas are one and the same). I'm starting to doubt Dream Eaters will play any other role for a while. And I envision a new Light based enemy.

Keyblade of Heart, Replicas, and locking Keyholes are probably out. The Power to Awakening might be referenced but not used again.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I have a feeling Vernum Rex will not be part of phase 2. Just embrace the saltiness.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I would hope Nobodies aren't finished yet. We still haven't seen the ones belonging to Lexeus, Vexen, and Zexion(even if they are no longer Nobodies)
They were in CoM first, and in 2FM as Absent Silhouettes and Data Battles.
  1. Naminé - Now that she’s human, or living doll rather, there’s no need to solve her mystery from a theoretical standpoint, because what purpose would that solve. However, a lot of threads and posts seem to have a resurged curiosity about her lately. I partially blame myself for that.
  2. Final Fantasy characters - They were already reduced roles as the series progressed. No one knows what was happening to them as Radiant Garden fell. The conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth remains unsolved, as well as Tifa’s search for him in addition to the mystery of WHAT she really is, why the Gullwings were fairies, Rinoa, what happened to Zack, (insert Auron here), the Twilight Town Disciplinary Committee, etc.
  3. “See you in Shibuya” - Great, Sora is there now, but it seems the main star is gonna be Yozora, and Neku would barely make an appearance, if at all. I feel it in my guts, but I hope I’m wrong and at least Joshua shows up. He owes Sora a favor. Good news is, for fans begging for an SE world, their prayers were answered, since シブヤ technically first appeared in TWEWY, it’s no FF world like Ivalice or Spira, but it is an SE world regardless.
  4. the World - By that I mean the unified world of the main worldline. Restoring it back into one will probably take one more saga after the foretellers. Alternate worldlines were the War didn’t happen and the world remained while don’t count. Shibuya might be such a world, but who knows?

D

Deleted member 252753

After the machine from KH1 suddenly becoming relevant in UX I wouldn't rule out anything or anyone suddenly taking centre stage really. In fact I expect that one or two more things from the Dark Seeker Saga will be given new importance as the plans of the MoM and Darkness become clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

okhi12

Awards
They were in CoM first, and in 2FM as Absent Silhouettes and Data Battles.

I'm sure he/she means that we haven't seen the lesser nobodies that were under their command, not that we haven't seen Lexaeus, Zexion and Vexen.

Plot points I don't think will be touched again:
1) Radiant Garden's normal/true keyhole. The Hollow Bastion keyhole we saw in KH1 was artificially created/manifested by the power of the princessess and was linked to the source of darkness but we never saw the door mentioned by Ansem in his Reports that was supposedly in the depths of the castle.

2) Stars disappearing when a world is consumed by darkness.

3) Castle Oblivion strange powers and why cards must be used there.

4) Jiminy's journal/datascape connection to the book of profecies implied by Maleficent.

5) Talking about books, why Yen Sid told Sora to read that book at the beginning of KH2 like it was something important when the text was so vague and didn't explain anything at all.

6) Why Kairi and her grandma were in RG/HB castle when Kairi was little. Is Kairi a noble or an actual princess like the rest of the princesses of heart except Alice?
Maybe that would make her a relative of Ansem the Wise.

7) Keyblades from the realm of darkness. Aside from Mickey's, are there more? When/why/by whom were they created?

8) This is a classic one, the used pods in Twilight Town's mansion.

9) Twilight Thorn. Whose nobody it was?

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Maybe emblem heartless and nobodies, but pure blood heartless will have a lot to do in the future considering we are still investigating what "darkness" is.
I can see Nobodies no longer being recurring enemies, they only really attacked Sora and Co. because they were told that it'd help them be whole again by the Org. or at least that was my understanding.

With the Emblem Heartless, I feel they're here to stay, even UX and DR use them despite it not making sense for them to already be a threat before Xehanort creates them. Also it seems they can create more of their own kind.

Locking worlds from the Heartless
I think of all lore things, this is the one I missed the most, it'd also help make visiting Disney Worlds feel more like they're adding to a progression. Because then at least you can say well we locked and protected one more world.

After the machine from KH1 suddenly becoming relevant in UX I wouldn't rule out anything or anyone suddenly taking centre stage really. In fact I expect that one or two more things from the Dark Seeker Saga will be given new importance as the plans of the MoM and Darkness become clear.
That's fair, i think anything could come up again, the things i listed i just think are unlikely to do so.

okhi12

Awards
Is Xigbar still a nobody by the way? It's hard to tell because he probably used the same trick than MX to keep on living forever by transfering his heart. But if he becomes a nobody, he lost his heart and ... I am so confused.
Same. Another thing I don't understand is how he's been able to transfer his heart so many times since the X era without a keyblade, because he bequeathed the No Name to one of the Union X leaders according to his reports and has been watching over it but apparently not wielding it since then (thats why he says 'back where it belongs' when he grabs the No Name in the epilogue of KH3).
Either he has another keyblade (which I guess is the easy answer and it would make sense given he's Luxu) or borrows the No Name unbeknownst to its current owner every time he needs to transfer his heart.

Everything about Luxu/Xigbar is headache inducing.

May-Jor

Awards
Maybe aside from the nobody thing, I don't think Nomura is planning on dropping anything. I can sense that more and more lore and characters are going to be piled on in the next saga.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Like Dast said, I wouldn't rule out anything being done for good. Nomura has shown he loves to bring back old concepts that were thought to be done or not important and make them very plot relevant later on. I'm expecting the "none of your business" girl from Traverse Town to be a time traveler from the old days.

The only one thing I could see being retired are humanoid Nobodies, simply because there is no need for them anymore. Enemy Nobodies like Dusk, Berserkers, Dragoons and such could return as future enemies along with some new Nobody foes, but humanoid Nobodies? What's the point? They are basically human since DDD. Unless you want to say to gain power, but Lea still has power since being recompleted. So I think Nobodies will stay but just as regular enemies in the series, I don't see them ever going away there.

Replicas are the new Nobodies, and while I think they'll still be used as suits, I doubt we'll get another pure blood Replica again. But who knows? The Foretellers could be in Replica bodies? Though it looks like they were just summoned.

Possessed voices. I'm referring to when Ansem Seeker took over Riku and they had a joint voice. I don't think they'll do that version of possession again. Likely go the Terranort or Xigbar/Luxu route, however that works.

I've seen a lot of theories around this "Truth about Namine" thing. Maybe I'm out of the loop but I never gave much attention to it, nor did I think it was that important when introduced. To me this was just Axel finding out how Namine was created and nothing new was in that thing that wasn't covered by Ansem's report on her. Neither Vexen/Even or Axel/Lea seem interested in Namine in any post game of Days, So whatever was in there isn't life altering huge news.

Somnus cealum

Awards
1. I don't see what else can be done with Replicas so I guess they can be retired.

2. I think the X Blade is finished as well. Even if it's still in Sora's possession I doubt he will use if again

yes we have in kh3 lexaus is aleus, zexion is ienzo, and vexan is evan. there in kh3 so idk u brought this up. evan is in kh3 ending.

Back