• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Lore Elements Do You Think WILL NOT Go Forward Into Phase 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
Castle Oblivion is finished, the Keyblade as a mystical weapon is done, the X Blade got downgraded to a macguffin without an actual purpose?

I don't think were gonna see anymore Keyblade Society

Death as a concept also won't be heavily featured since any two bit character can power of asspulls their way out of consequences

Sora's status as a dull ordinary boy naturally will kill any future character's PoTentiALlY IntEreSTing plot importance, including Yozora. This also means Sora learning lessons of self sacrifice from KH1, CoM, 2, and especially 3 will be retconned and meaningless.

disney233

Awards
Honestly...I don't want anything going into phase 2.
I know, there's no escaping lore elements such as Yozora and anything within the Age of Fairy Tales, but everything else I don't want to see again.

I don't want ANYTHING to do with the Organization anymore, anything to do with asspulls such as Time Travel and the Power of Waking, ThE tHiRTeEn xEhAnOrTs I especially don't want to see anything involved with the goddamn replicas. Sleeping worlds, alternate worlds, they aren't avoidable, but at least make it less apparent that it's just a bs method to put in worlds that have no tie into anything. I mean what even IS the Country of Musketeers in this game, I'm still trying to understand that.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I'm sure he/she means that we haven't seen the lesser nobodies that were under their command, not that we haven't seen Lexaeus, Zexion and Vexen.
He means the Nobodies they commanded. Like how Roxas had the Samurai and Larxene had the Ninjas.
Ohh. Did not think of that. Well, whatever they were, their bosses are gone now. I kinda wish we did see them though. Maybe they all died or went on strike when their bosses died in Castle Oblivion.

6) Why Kairi and her grandma were in RG/HB castle when Kairi was little. Is Kairi a noble or an actual princess like the rest of the princesses of heart except Alice?
Maybe that would make her a relative of Ansem the Wise.
I’m curious about this too. We know she has relatives in Radiant Garden at least, since her grandma is there. Makes me wonder if her parents ever found her or know she’s there since she’s been in a coma in the castle for a year (how did her hair not grow in all that time?! Was Even a closet hairstylist or something?). As for Alice, it’s hinted in the Disney canon that she comes from the upper class. Whether it’s actual nobility or just gentry is not known. In real life, Alice was the daughter of a school headmaster later church dean. She was cultured, for sure, but not a noble of any English heraldry as far as I know.

One thing I’m curious about but doubt will be answered, since Xemnas can apparently turn his subordinates into Dusks if they so much step out of line (we’ve never seen this actually happen but the other members talked about it a lot), I wonder if there were other humanoid Nobodies he turned into Dusks that we don’t know of, whether out of their refusal to join to Organization, because he deemed them useless without any combat experience/magic/elemental alignment, or he just needed more keyblade fodder. Even if they are creepy twitching white jumpsuits, they’re capable of speech, at least, so that’s definitely fridge horror right there…

How and why did Radiant Garden have the epithet “Capital of Light”? Lots of worlds have light. Was it the closest to the light before the World ended the first time around?

I have questions about Scala ad Caelum too, but it won’t be forgotten at least. The world is too new in the game, so there must be some answers in the next saga.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
I've seen a lot of theories around this "Truth about Namine" thing. Maybe I'm out of the loop but I never gave much attention to it, nor did I think it was that important when introduced. To me this was just Axel finding out how Namine was created and nothing new was in that thing that wasn't covered by Ansem's report on her. Neither Vexen/Even or Axel/Lea seem interested in Namine in any post game of Days, So whatever was in there isn't life altering huge news.
Besides the recent threads about her and Roxas origins and fans wanting more to be told about this character, there's also the fact the Memories part in Melody of Memories title as well as the bit about Roxas and Xion having their memory studied.
Also, Ava is still sort of a mystery and there's a theory that she might be connected to Naminé somehow, but we'll see.

6) Why Kairi and her grandma were in RG/HB castle when Kairi was little. Is Kairi a noble or an actual princess like the rest of the princesses of heart except Alice?
Maybe that would make her a relative of Ansem the Wise.
I’m curious about this too. We know she has relatives in Radiant Garden at least, since her grandma is there. Makes me wonder if her parents ever found her or know she’s there since she’s been in a coma in the castle for a year (how did her hair not grow in all that time?! Was Even a closet hairstylist or something?). As for Alice, it’s hinted in the Disney canon that she comes from the upper class. Whether it’s actual nobility or just gentry is not known. In real life, Alice was the daughter of a school headmaster later church dean. She was cultured, for sure, but not a noble of any English heraldry as far as I know.

How and why did Radiant Garden have the epithet “Capital of Light”? Lots of worlds have light. Was it the closest to the light before the World ended the first time around?

I'd like to point out that after leaving Radiant Garden, Kairi was adopted by the Mayor of Destiny Islands, so she still applies to the Princess role just fine even if she is no one special to Radiant Garden asides from her status as a Princess of Heart to Xehanort.

Regarding Radiant Garden, I don't think it's necessarily anything to do with Light as an element but more so the association with technology, order and progress. Radiant Garden seen in BBS was a perfect kingdom that seemed to cather to every need of its citizens, but under cover we know that it's leader was a crazy ass sociopath that experimented on children, plus his apprentices later on following his legacy. Of course, they could retcon this with something later on, but I think it's just the usual "utopia" anime trope.

@ thread

I'd most, if not all tropes introduced in the past two games to be gone, really lol

The Seven Guardians of Light just reads to me as the Z Fighters from DBZ, not only is it boring from a story perspective but it also excludes any other potential character to show up. Heck, even in 3 the whole thing fell apart when two of the Guardians were rendered useless in an actual fight lol

Master Xehanort is a shitty villain in any game other than BBS and both Xemnas and Seeker of Darkness barely had any weight to them either, so I want all of them gone.

Next time give us a villain that will make me actually despise them again like Old Man in BBS, Saïx in Days or, to a less extent, Maleficent in 1.

Even unitentional bad guys like Eraqus had more weight to them than the thirteen clowns in 13.

I also hope the whole Hotel Sora is a dead element by now, but I'm afraid we might get a Hotel Kairi next lol

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
One thing I’m curious about but doubt will be answered, since Xemnas can apparently turn his subordinates into Dusks if they so much step out of line (we’ve never seen this actually happen but the other members talked about it a lot), I wonder if there were other humanoid Nobodies he turned into Dusks that we don’t know of, whether out of their refusal to join to Organization, because he deemed them useless without any combat experience/magic/elemental alignment, or he just needed more keyblade fodder. Even if they are creepy twitching white jumpsuits, they’re capable of speech, at least, so that’s definitely fridge horror right there…
I've been wondering about that too. With how the others talked about it, i feel it must have happened at somepoint for them to have wittnessed it.

okhi12

Awards
I also hope the whole Hotel Sora is a dead element by now, but I'm afraid we might get a Hotel Kairi next lol

Don't forget about Hotel Ventus if Vanitas turns out to be Darkness. And that's almost guaranteed.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
8) This is a classic one, the used pods in Twilight Town's mansion.

9) Twilight Thorn. Whose nobody it was?
The pods I assumed were used by Organization XIII (for the replicas/tests). I thought they were stolen by Ansem The Wise/Riku from Castle Oblivion and transferred to Twilight Town and hidden. I used to think more deeply about it (given the pegasus statue in the Old Mansion), but I don't think Nomura will ever get into that.

I assumed that Twilight Thorn was Ephemer's Nobody. My theory is that he split himself into heartless/nobody to live long enough to get to the present and help Sora. Twilight Thorn being in Roxas' Dive To The Heart (connection to Ven) and Ephemer's face popping up at the Keyblade Graveyard (where Dark Inferno is) is what made me connect them.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I assumed that Twilight Thorn was Ephemer's Nobody. My theory is that he split himself into heartless/nobody to live long enough to get to the present and help Sora. Twilight Thorn being in Roxas' Dive To The Heart (connection to Ven) and Ephemer's face popping up at the Keyblade Graveyard (where Dark Inferno is) is what made me connect them.
I kind of figured that the Twilight Thorn was the inner manifestation of Roxas' Nobodyness like the Darkside in Sora's awakening was the manifestation of Sora's Darkness.

Noivern

Awards
I think there's some basis to assume that both Twilight Thorn and Darkside originate from the same person considering they not only share a lot of parallels in the context they show up, but are also very similar to each other all the way down to the "scarf" thingy, since the tentacle-hairs (?) around Darkside are very reminiscent of a scarf.

That person being Ephemer could be an interesting development and honestly is much more appealing to me than that old "Dark Inferno is Ephemer's Heartless" theory.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
After the machine from KH1 suddenly becoming relevant in UX I wouldn't rule out anything or anyone suddenly taking centre stage really. In fact I expect that one or two more things from the Dark Seeker Saga will be given new importance as the plans of the MoM and Darkness become clear.

Yeah precisely. When people are ruling out Castle Oblivion as it being never touched on again, I think we're getting way too ahead of ourselves.

Let's not forget that Xemnas had access to a room like CO in Radiant Garden, and it had Aqua's Keyblade and her armor inside. How and why are the rooms alike, when Aqua never created that room at all? Not to mention, the very idea of Land of Departure having the ability to transform into something like Castle Oblivion is extremely mysterious and there's no way we're NOT going to get more information on the Land of Departure. Especially when it looks so much like Scala ad Caelum. A world that transforms into a castle that affects people's memories in order to protect it? There's so many things Nomura can do with that.

That same basement is also where it's implied where Subject X was held, as well as the numerous experiments that were carried out. Subject X also had amnesia when she first regained consciousness. Coincidence?

A world that makes one forget their memories the higher they climb the floors, and the cards made from their memories are the key. And, a room where one regains their memory. KH Chi used cards due to the Book of Prophecies borrowing power from the future, and that's the same reason why KHUX uses medals. What if that's connected in some way? In KH, memories and the heart are intertwined, they're extremely important. I don't have a full idea of what it could be yet, but we've known the Chamber of Repose and the Chamber of Waking have been connected for years. And if Subject X was held there... We'll have to touch on that eventually.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think there's some basis to assume that both Twilight Thorn and Darkside originate from the same person considering they not only share a lot of parallels in the context they show up, but are also very similar to each other all the way down to the "scarf" thingy, since the tentacle-hairs (?) around Darkside are very reminiscent of a scarf.

That person being Ephemer could be an interesting development and honestly is much more appealing to me than that old "Dark Inferno is Ephemer's Heartless" theory.
But why would his Heartless and Nobody be in Sora and Roxas' hearts? For me it just makes more sense for those to be manifestations of aspects within them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Is Xigbar still a nobody by the way? It's hard to tell because he probably used the same trick than MX to keep on living forever by transfering his heart. But if he becomes a nobody, he lost his heart and ... I am so confused.

I assumed he continued living in different era's via reincarnation which is technically different from posession.

Back