• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it possible to see 20th Century Fox properties in the future?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Swing

Awards
Kinda depends on how long Disney and KH, in general, will last. I mean, it took them until KH3 to finally add Pixar movies to the game. Which 20th Century Fox properties do you want to see in KH in the future? The ones that come to my mind would be James Cameron's Avatar since the movie would make a great world in KH, and The Simpsons, since Disney is starting to market them as one of their bigger franchises.

As for others, I really want to see Ernie, the giant Chicken from Family Guy as a secret boss, which is as tough to defeat as Sephiroth.

AR829038

Awards
It's EXTREMELY unlikely, given how so few of Fox's properties mesh well with the Kingdom Hearts aesthetic and brand. Not to mention, not much of its library is suitable for children, certainly not Family Guy.

Chie

Awards
Why have I had to read that last suggestion more than one time in my life

welken

Awards
It could happen, if the suits (and "creatives") at Disney loosen their ruinous grip on the series, and the KH producers make a good case for it. I think Avatar is the most likely, because it's a part of Disney World now. I don't think they'd use it in anything less than a numbered title, KH4 or 5, since it would be a huge marketing point. As meticulous as he is, I don't see James Cameron as being completely against the idea. If he hasn't played KH, maybe his kids have and that could make all the difference.

The best option is of course, Alien. H.R. Giger's visionary aesthetic being a part of Kingdom Hearts can only elevate things. Even just one Xenomorph would be fabulous. In its own unique arena, please. What Giger was expressing through his art is not so different from what Nomura does at his best. Peeling back the layers of humanity to see what really lurks beneath.

I don't think the Don Bluth movies will ever make it in, as fitting as they are, because that would just be obscenely disrespectful to an artist who broke free from the Disney chains, and made the Mouse step up its game.

AR829038

Awards
The best option is of course, Alien. H.R. Giger's visionary aesthetic being a part of Kingdom Hearts can only elevate things. Even just one Xenomorph would be fabulous. In its own unique arena, please. What Giger was expressing through his art is not so different from what Nomura does at his best. Peeling back the layers of humanity to see what really lurks beneath.
Except, y'know...R rating.

Soldier

Awards
As much as I would love to see Springfield, It's probably not going to happen. The Simpsons satirical nature of American culture and phenomena doesn't mesh well with traditional Japanese values. Plus if they're using the new art style.... No.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think the Don Bluth movies will ever make it in, as fitting as they are, because that would just be obscenely disrespectful to an artist who broke free from the Disney chains, and made the Mouse step up its game.

It’s a bit too late for that since Disney owns Don Bluth’s Fox catalogue now. That said, I doubt they will touch his work for any reason beyond distributing his films until he passes away.

I guarantee that we will hear about an Anastasia live action film a year after he passes without some clever planning by Bluth and his estate.

Swing

Awards
Oh yeah, I forget that they now own some of Don Bluths movies like Anastacia. Boy, they really want to own everything at this point.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Off the top of my head I cant think of any 20th century fox films that I want to see in KH. I'd rather they try to integrate Marvel or Star Wars first.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Simpsons world could be awesome if it were based more on their Halloween episodes, where instead of the "canon" version, it's some goofy fantasy or horror setting with a bunch of the Simpsons cast.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I really doubt Nomura would use a series like The Simpsons or Family Guy lmao. I think that's a level of ridiculousness I don't think even he would want (nor would any of us, unironically).

Avatar would be a cool fit, but other than that... Nah, I don't think it'd ever happen. You're more likely to see the Avengers in a KH game, and even that might take a lot of work to implement. Which is funny, because Sora's abilities fit in pretty normally with Marvel's whole universe. People think it'd be weird, but it actually works better than you'd think. If we're talking post-KH3 Sora, he'd probably be able to solo the whole Avengers team himself. BUT, that's another topic entirely lol.

Star Wars is also one that I feel like it would work excellently, and I'm surprised people think that one wouldn't work either lmao. "May your heart be your guiding key" is quite literally the KH-version of "May the force be with you". Keyblades and Lightsabers are both mystical weapons that not just anyone can wield (theoretically though, anyone can use a Lightsaber, but you'd have to be Force-sensitive to use properly... I think that's how it goes?). The Jedi and Sith are similar to the Guardians of Light and Seekers of Darkness. There's so many reasons as to why this would work, and I actually would love it if Nomura ever decides to do it.

In the end though... If you asked people in 1999 if Final Fantasy and Disney would ever mix, 99 out of 100 people would've told you no, and yet, here we are in 2020. There's obvious limits of course, but even then, it all depends on the execution. The entire Kingdom Hearts concept could've been a huge misfire had it been done by anyone else, so KH1 really had to nail it for the series to become what it is today. And thankfully, it did. So I mean, you never know, it depends on Nomura's creativity, vision for the series, and whether he actually wants to do it or even likes those properties that people suggest.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I actually think Avatar is very possible; I read something the other day about how Disney plans to do many things with that property, likely a Disney+ show and so on. Who knows. It would fit much better in KH than many of the other suggestions I've seen made over the years.

Titanic would be fun. We can fight a ridiculous-looking, cartoony Heartless blade machine while Jack drowns.

Soldier

Awards
I actually think Avatar is very possible; I read something the other day about how Disney plans to do many things with that property, likely a Disney+ show and so on. Who knows. It would fit much better in KH than many of the other suggestions I've seen made over the years.

Titanic would be fun. We can fight a ridiculous-looking, cartoony Heartless blade machine while Jack drowns.
I wonder if the Nav'ii will be to scale in KH, on account of the whole being 10 feet tall. If anything it could result in a world form for whoever goes there.

I never thought of that, but what if, and stay with me here, what if the iceberg IS the heartless? We've seen many times before that they mimic objects in the world of light, why not a large ice chunk that moves around on the atlantic?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

LOL! It can be like Arendelle. Sora gets sucked into a darkness vacuum and has to fight a giant heartless, while we see the events of the film play out (IE Rose letting Jack stay in the water). Before Sora exits the darkness realm where the boss fight takes place, we see that Rose let Jack sink into the ocean. When Sora returns, it's too late and Sora vows to never let go of the people he loves and to also make room for them in the Gummi Ship.

Mexican Sora

Awards
Star Wars NEEDS to happen. You can throw him right in the middle of the Clone Wars or something between Episode 2 or 3. Then give him a lightsaber inspired keyblade too.

disney233

Awards
Oh yeah, I forget that they now own some of Don Bluths movies like Anastacia. Boy, they really want to own everything at this point.
God looking at the Don Bluth roster....GOD there are so many tempting choices that could fit in Kingdom Hearts.

Swing

Awards
But Disney only owns a handful of them. From what I understand they only own Anastacia, the sequel of it, and Titan E.A. But Disney, thankfully, doesn't own the big ones like An American Tail and A Land Before Time.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I never thought of that, but what if, and stay with me here, what if the iceberg IS the heartless? We've seen many times before that they mimic objects in the world of light, why not a large ice chunk that moves around on the atlantic?
LOL! It can be like Arendelle. Sora gets sucked into a darkness vacuum and has to fight a giant heartless, while we see the events of the film play out (IE Rose letting Jack stay in the water). Before Sora exits the darkness realm where the boss fight takes place, we see that Rose let Jack sink into the ocean. When Sora returns, it's too late and Sora vows to never let go of the people he loves and to also make room for them in the Gummi Ship.
Stop it! This actually sounds amusing enough to work. We can also add a Spicer Lovejoy boss fight as he's powered by the Heartless. The question is would they get Billy Zane? And would he say darkness?

Anyway, I've made it known I don't want any Fox properties at all in Kingdom Hearts, however I think Star Wars has a legit chance of appearing. I don't want it but I will accept it if it appears. It feels inevitable.

Back