• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it possible to see 20th Century Fox properties in the future?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Noivern

Awards
Honestly, I don't know much about properties and had to do a quick google search to see what's owned by Fox, and even then I'm not sure what can be used by Disney.

That being said, I firmly believe Night At The Museum, Ice Age and Alvin And The Chipmunks would all make incredibly KH Worlds, specifically the first two.

We had the garbage that was Port Royale in KH2 which improved considerably for The Caribbean during KH3, so live action moves not only can be a thing but can have a lot of potential given proper scale.

Make something akin to Toyhouse but for the Museum for ANATM (maybe as an replacement to that one, even) and we could have a fantastic world. And Ice Age speaks for itself, honestly.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Stop it! This actually sounds amusing enough to work. We can also add a Spicer Lovejoy boss fight as he's powered by the Heartless. The question is would they get Billy Zane? And would he say darkness?

Anyway, I've made it known I don't want any Fox properties at all in Kingdom Hearts, however I think Star Wars has a legit chance of appearing. I don't want it but I will accept it if it appears. It feels inevitable.
What if Cal meets Ansem Seeker of Darkness? Ansem travels back in time to the Titanic, because Cal had been Norted. This reveals that the Titanic is how Xehanort originally left Destiny Islands.

Soldier

Awards
What if Cal meets Ansem Seeker of Darkness? Ansem travels back in time to the Titanic, because Cal had been Norted. This reveals that the Titanic is how Xehanort originally left Destiny Islands.
Considering how the Xehanort saga has ended along with his threat to the worlds, It's likely we won't have Ansem SOD interacting with the main cast or supporting cast. However, the foretellers could be interferring with the plot of titanic. I think a good choice would be Invi, she does seem to have some form of hydrokinesis.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Considering how the Xehanort saga has ended along with his threat to the worlds, It's likely we won't have Ansem SOD interacting with the main cast or supporting cast. However, the foretellers could be interferring with the plot of titanic. I think a good choice would be Invi, she does seem to have some form of hydrokinesis.
I just wanted to hear Billy Zane talk to Billy Zane about darkness and money lol.

JJ1020

Awards
Kinda depends on how long Disney and KH, in general, will last. I mean, it took them until KH3 to finally add Pixar movies to the game. Which 20th Century Fox properties do you want to see in KH in the future? The ones that come to my mind would be James Cameron's Avatar since the movie would make a great world in KH, and The Simpsons, since Disney is starting to market them as one of their bigger franchises.

As for others, I really want to see Ernie, the giant Chicken from Family Guy as a secret boss, which is as tough to defeat as Sephiroth.
If I was a betting man, I would say it is entirely possible for Fox properties to appear in KH. There do not seem to be a whole lot of active licensing deals that would prevent those works from appearing apart from maybe Alien.
Likelihood of worlds? My guess is that James Cameron's Avatar is the most probable to be featured as a world down the road. The Simpsons is also a possibility, perhaps being more of a 100 Acre Wood minigame kind of world with segments centering around the various shenanigans of Springfield.
Other possibilities include the Blue Sky/Fox Animation movies like Ice Age and Anastasia or PG-to-PG-13 franchise movies like Planet of the Apes, Home Alone, or Night at the Museum. With Disney, there is usually a pattern that is involved in deciding which products to promote and which ones not to. The Simpsons are getting a big push by Disney, being arguably the marquee library television show for Disney+, for instance. Night at the Museum and Ice Age are getting reboots for the service as well and will be promoted by the company in whatever way they can, including in video games. And Avatar, unless the sequels get pushed back again to 2030, is also likely to see a massive push by Disney; It was the highest-grossing movie of all time for nearly 10 years, they have a massive land for Avatar in Disney's Animal Kingdom, and they are spending a ton of money on the two sequels. All of that, and it was a huge movie in Japan, North America, and Europe too, which are the biggest markets for KH.
I can't see Family Guy being featured in Kingdom Hearts, personally. It is just a little too adult for that series, whereas the other properties mentioned before are all PG or PG-13. I also cannot see Alien or Predator unless as a possible secret boss fight because they are R-Rated franchises; The same goes for Die Hard or Taken.
We'll just have to wait and see. Finger's crossed for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters to become regulars in Original Worlds like the Final Fantasy characters.

JJ1020

Awards
But Disney only owns a handful of them. From what I understand they only own Anastacia, the sequel of it, and Titan E.A. But Disney, thankfully, doesn't own the big ones like An American Tail and A Land Before Time.
They also own Thumbelina and A Troll in Central Park

Swing

Awards
We'll just have to wait and see. Finger's crossed for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters to become regulars in Original Worlds like the Final Fantasy characters.
Wait! They own Buffy as well?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Totally impossible since its mainly focused on Square IPS and Disney animated ips.
Before KH3 we didn't have Pixar. Before KH2 we didn't have live action films or black & white shorts. Heck, most people probably didn't even knew Nightmare Before Christmas was a Disney film prior to KH1. From Day 1 the series has expanded its definition of what constitutes a viable Disney world. It stands to reason that this will continue in the future.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Having Scrat (Ice Age) or Kate McKinnon (Ferdinand) in Kingdom Hearts would almost be worth the brand extension.

Back