• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the trailer for Utada's 'HIKARI' & 'CHIKAI' VR experience

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sony Interactive Entertainment has released two videos for "Hikaru Utada Laughter in the Dark Tour 2018 - 'HIKARI' & 'CHIKAI' - VR", a special PlayStation VR experience that features two live performances filmed during Utada's recent “Hikaru Utada Laughter in the Dark Tour 2018”. The first performance to release will be "Hikari" from Kingdom Hearts for PlayStation Plus members on December 25th. "Chikai" from Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released together with "Hikari" to all PSVR users for free early 2019.

Surround yourself in the magnificent stage production from the “Hikaru Utada Laughter in the Dark Tour 2018” as she performs the “HIKARI” (“KINGDOM HEARTS” theme song), and the “CHIKAI” (“KINGDOM HEARTS III” ending theme song). Experience the live energy of the stage from three different camera angles in this up close and intimate performance, as if Hikaru Utada were singing only for you.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Watch the trailer for Utada's 'HIKARI' & 'CHIKAI' VR experience

(this is the superior VR experience btw not the KHVR 8D )

SoulXaldin

Awards

I don’t think I’ve seen Utada on a screen in ages. Maybe it’s cause I don’t really follow her like that or anything but either way,I bet it’s nice to see her perform live.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

That's an incredibly elaborate production just for a couple of songs

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's an incredibly elaborate production just for a couple of songs

I think the plan is to start doing this for more artists down the line.

Also with this being Utada's comeback tour, Sony probably wanted to do something special for her since they are her label and all.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

That "Chikai" trailer gave me chills.

I'm a little bummed as I thought this would be more of a live performance experience at one of her tour stops, rather than something specifically filmed in isolation for this project. There's nothing like the collective energy at one of her concerts, and the way she works with the audience to craft a unique experience is magical. Way better than having it, "as if she were only singing for you."

But it's still neat that she did this, and it's a gift to the folks with VR units to check it out! I can't wait for the filmed release of "Laughter in the Dark," all the clips on YouTube have me so impatient for it.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

This looks like it's exhausting to film, but I hope she had fun!
I don't have VR or anything and never considered getting it, but would I for this? .... Maybe....? It'd be such a waste of money though, but I'd love to watch this.

Granat

Do we have a direct link to the PlayStation store? Curious if this was pushed back or if it’s still going to be available Christmas Day. Thanks in advance!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Granat

Ty @Orcacle Spockanort, you the best!! :)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Thank youuuu Spockanort! This arrangement of the song might be my absolute favorite...how many versions of "Hikari" can I have clogging up my music player on my phone? Apparently the answer is always one more.

As expected though, it's a bit awkward having her stand there and lock you in with that smoldering gaze while she tries to maintain the energy of the song, or at least it was for me. Might be better to watch it with friends or something to dissipate a little of that intimate intensity. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back