• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Up: Nov 23) New Halloween Sora Plush from Funko Coming to Hot Topic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Update: We’ve spoken in person with reps from Zing Pop Culture. It seems the wrong information was put online for this plush and what they have in stock is the Halloween Sora that was released a few months ago. Zing Pop Culture and EB Games have updated the product with the correct image and information.

It looks like Ikon Collectables, where the details for pop culture merchandise comes from, had the wrong information for distributors, which caused the confusion. It also stands to reason that the Hot Topic exclusive listing for this plush is actually for the original plush that is already on sale at Hot Topic.

It is unknown if this version of Sora will ever be released, or is currently planned for release. Hopefully we will hear more correct details on this soon.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

The spooky holiday may be over, but Funko still has one treat left for Kingdom Hearts fans.

A second Halloween Town Sora will soon be released by Funko. We have heard news that it will be for sale at Hot Topic in the United States, however there is no product listing on their website just yet but we have heard it started to appear in stores as early as October. The plush features Sora's Vampire Form, from Kingdom Hearts II.

"Straight from the Destiny Islands and just in time for Halloween comes Funko's new Sora Halloween Town plush!"

For now, it is available for preorder from Australian retailer Zing Pop Culture for $20AUD (please excuse the disastrous misspelling of our dear beloved Sora's name on the product page). It is set to release down under on Monday November 20th 2017 for a price of $20.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Re: New Halloween Sora Plush from Funko Coming to Hot Topic

I really like the first plush, but this one looks really weird. Granted the first one looked a little off too but at least it was cute.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I may have held back on publishing this article until my order with Zing was confirmed :p

I was very confused when I saw this for sale on the website yesterday. I thought they put up a prototype image of the previous Sora, and considering they called him "Sorah" I wouldn't have been surprised but my research showed that it is a new image and it had already appeared in some Hot Topic stores as early as October.

It's annoying that Hot Topic / Funko hide KH merchandise, but if you have some stores near you go in and have a look!

Sorakh212

Awards

Funko makes plushes now too? Huh go figure. I never really did see the big appeal to those figures or these things. Sure I love chibi designs but these always just looked kinda strange to me or just meh. Maybe it's the aesthetic or just that they're everywhere and there are figures for just about everything and what not.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Funko makes plushes now too? Huh go figure. I never really did see the big appeal to those figures or these things. Sure I love chibi designs but these always just looked kinda strange to me or just meh. Maybe it's the aesthetic or just that they're everywhere and there are figures for just about everything and what not.
Yeah, they released Mickey, Donald, and Goofy plushes, as well as a KH1 Halloween Town Sora Plush earlier this year.

My shipment for this plush was delayed, hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

This, uh... looks a little too spooky for me
Sure I like chibis but there's something in these eyes...
and by these eyes I mean mine
and by something I mean sadness
they cannot unsee the very unprofessional "Sorah" spelling there...
and the plush doesn't look that well either, unfortunately...
I'll pass :[

Ven_Roxas

Awards

I didn’t realize there was a difference in the Halloween town costumes between the two games until now....

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I spoke to the good people at Zing Pop Culture. There seemed to have been a mix up with the plushes, and this one apparently hasn’t come down under.

The product info still listed this as a Hot Topic exclusive in the US, so hopefully more information on this comes through soon.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Following on from my post yesterday:

Update: We’ve spoken in person with reps from Zing Pop Culture. It seems the wrong information was put online for this plush and what they have in stock is the Halloween Sora that was released a few months ago. Zing Pop Culture and EB Games have updated the product with the correct image and information.

It looks like Ikon Collectables, where the details for pop culture merchandise comes from, had the wrong information for distributors, which caused the confusion. It also stands to reason that the Hot Topic exclusive listing for this plush is actually for the original plush that is already on sale at Hot Topic.

It is unknown if this version of Sora will ever be released, or is currently planned for release. Hopefully we will hear more correct details on this soon.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back