• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Bill Farmer reaffirms he recorded for Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

In an interview with 2 Men and The Mouse on their podcast, Bill Farmer discussed the process of recording for the Kingdom Hearts franchise and also reaffirmed that he recorded for Kingdom Hearts III over a year ago. This falls in line with the tweet he made back in January 2015 where he stated that he had already recorded for Kingdom Hearts III despite much fan speculation that he was referring to an unannounced game.

You can listen to his comments starting at the 57:54 mark:

While Bill confirmed yet again that has done on and off recording for Kingdom Hearts III, he also clarified that he is unsure of when the game will come out. Along with Jim Cummings confirmation that he had completed recording for Kingdom Hearts III as Pooh and Tigger, this has many fans baffled as to the state of the game at this point in time.

Is Kingdom Hearts III farther along than we realize? Let us know what you think in the comment section on our forums!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: KH13

Muke

whatever
Awards
Now that's awesome!!

I don't know about you guys, but.. I really think the game is farther than we know.
IDK why, I just got this feeling..

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So it was confirmed that Jim Cummings did voicework for KH3 and not for Backcover or 2.8?

If Bill isnt sure when KH3 will come out, then I'm not sure 2017 is a gurantee

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"Over a year ago" that would be Re:coded Bill ._.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Very fascinating. I am still a bit skeptical about this but it is the second time Farmer has spoken about this. Maybe he has recorded bits for KHIII, but maybe for trailer purposes like how Ben Diskin recorded some new lines E3 2015 trailer? Or Farmer has confused KH2.8 and KHIII and is actually meaning KH2.8, but I guess that will be a mystery since we don`t even know if Goofy will be in that game.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Okay, umm, listen to it, it's awesome, definitely.

But, seriously, "over a year go"?
The feeling is gone.

Behonkiss

Website
twitter.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZUNVPp0kM
This is the recent panel where Cummings confirmed his recording was done.

Hearing from both him and Farmer that they did it a while ago gives me some hope that, even if the game's still a while off, maybe they're aiming for a simultaneous English and Japanese release like with FFXV. Hopefully E3 will bring some sort of clarification to this whole matter.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He sounds pretty confident it was KH3. He was confident it was KH3 last year, too, but he deleted his tweet because it was getting to be too much conversation and that dumb "KH3 has no release date" statement had to be made which made zero sense in the context of the controversy haha

"Over a year ago" that would be Re:coded Bill ._.

Yeah, but remember he said it wasn't Re:coded. And then all of us were like "IT IS 2.9 FO' SHO" and now he's like "no it's KH3"

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm going with trailer footage to be shown at E3 or he just really has no idea what game he's talking about.

Which, who could blame him if that's the case. The games do have really random names.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Thanks for linking it! Haven't seen it yet.
*watched*

So, yeah, he says his part for KH3 is done.
And I don't think he wold be done with KH3 if it's just for a trailer.

As for Bill, I really dunno. Could be that the stuff he recorded are just battle quotes, right? He didn't say it was really dialogue, so.
(I dunno what I am talking about, so)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And I am almost certain they never really what they are really recording for. BUT WHO KNOWS. Only Bill knows what he said for that game, only SE and Disney know what he recorded for.

But I will always remember that ridiculous codename they used for Type-0.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm going with trailer footage to be shown at E3 or he just really has no idea what game he's talking about.

Which, who could blame him if that's the case. The games do have really random names.
Yeah, this. There is literally no way that KH3 could be near complete (voice acting is one of the last things to be done during development) over a year ago. It's just not feasible lol. This time last year Nomura said that they had only just finalized all the plans for what was going to go into the game and that now they needed to mass produce all of the assets for it. That is not a game at "ready for voice recording" level.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, this. There is literally no way that KH3 could be near complete (voice acting is one of the last things to be done during development) over a year ago. It's just not feasible lol. This time last year Nomura said that they had only just finalized all the plans for what was going to go into the game and that now they needed to mass produce all of the assets for it. That is not a game at "ready for voice recording" level.

It's not, and we know for a fact plenty of voice actors haven't been called in yet to do recording so it's an entirely odd situation that is probably riddled with misinformation and communication problems.

Muke

whatever
Awards
We know that Square Enix stays very tight-lipped on its proceedings, even when dealing with the voice actors (see Ben Diskin's comments on the last E3 trailer, when the KH team wouldn't tell him what he was recording for or even that he was supposed to be doing a "younger" young Xehanort; they only told him to copy the Japanese VA's voice. They didn't let any details slip.).

I sincerely doubt Bill Farmer's really done recording now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We know that Square Enix stays very tight-lipped on its proceedings, even when dealing with the voice actors

They are, certainly...but the thing is that at some point the VA figure out what it is if they are doing enough lines because there is only so much of something you can say until you realize that it is a part of something new or old.

I sincerely doubt Bill Farmer's really done recording now.

Well, he didn't say he was done so yeah he likely isn't.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I could maybe believe it with a minor role, like maybe they had progressed enough that one area/world was near complete and could get the voice actors in for that, but Goofy is a main character that would have lines throughout the entire game. There's no way lol. There definitely must be some sort of miscommunication/misinformation.

Though, not that it really matters lol. The game will come out when the game will come out.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Listening to the actual recording, I'm leaning more on the side of "he probably doesn't know what game he's recording for." I mean, considering how he talked about the voice recording process and how they'll have him read a line from page 18 and then skip all the way to page 86 just seems very scattered.

Although I have no doubt that they are doing English and Japanese voice recording simultaneously considering that we already have an English trailer for KH3, which hopefully means the game will release relatively close to each other in both the Japanese and English versions... but for him to say, "Yeah, I've been recording for KH3 for a number of years now," I can't help but doubt that they really had the script full and complete over two-three years ago.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
revised statement: "i have no H'YUCKin clue"

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So it was confirmed that Jim Cummings did voicework for KH3 and not for Backcover or 2.8?

So he told me. More particularly, he said he recorded for Winnie & Tigger, who are rather unlikely to appear in any part of 2.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back