• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

1 corinthians 15:12-19

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman2.0

12 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised; 14and if Christ has not been raised, then our proclamation has been in vain and your faith has been in vain. 15We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified of God that he raised Christ—whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised. 17If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have died* in Christ have perished. 19If for this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Paul says that we should be pitied if we are wrong. He says that if we are wrong then we are here for nothing.

I actually dissagree with the last part of this selection. I am a strong christian and beleave in the bible but this seems to show that paul himself is just afraid of death. If jesus was not raised then yes we are preaching about nothing. But why should that bother us? even if we were completly wrong and there was no God why should we be pitied? We will just die and disappear what is so bad about that. Our lives still see acts of God even if he isnt there. Even if it is all in our minds it is still beneficial to us.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
it's statistically improbable for someone to "rise from the dead", and to rise after 3 days is impossible.

his body would've started to decay, not to mention that his brain would've decomposed to the point where he couldn't walk or preach, let alone make a coherent thought.

very differentiable
Awards
Why, just why is there such a thread that's about revival from the dead. Any sane person wouldn't even think about it.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Why, just why is there such a thread that's about revival from the dead. Any sane person wouldn't even think about it.
Just like a sane person wouldn't believe in a man and a woman that ate a fruit and were condemned to live in sin, as would the following generations?

When it's part of a religion, sanity is of no concern anymore.

Q

Banned
Paul was batshit fucking insane you do realize

oh shit, I forgot, EVERYBODY IN THE BIBLE IS BATSHIT CRAZY

Sexy Angel
shit, the only bible verse i care about is revelation 2:16

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Damn dude, take a break for a min from bashing the Bible and religion every second. You don't have to believe in it, loads of people do not. What's your goal by posting these type of things? Did you like get molested by the Bible or something? Why the vendetta?

Awards
12 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised; 14and if Christ has not been raised, then our proclamation has been in vain and your faith has been in vain. 15We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified of God that he raised Christ—whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised. 17If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have died* in Christ have perished. 19If for this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Paul says that we should be pitied if we are wrong. He says that if we are wrong then we are here for nothing.

I actually dissagree with the last part of this selection. I am a strong christian and beleave in the bible but this seems to show that paul himself is just afraid of death. If jesus was not raised then yes we are preaching about nothing. But why should that bother us? even if we were completly wrong and there was no God why should we be pitied? We will just die and disappear what is so bad about that. Our lives still see acts of God even if he isnt there. Even if it is all in our minds it is still beneficial to us.

Sounds like Paul's throwing in his own little Pascal's Wager.

SHIT GUYS, IF WE DON'T BELIEVE, LIFE IS MEANINGLESS, SO YOU MUST BELIEVE.

Q

Banned
Damn dude, take a break for a min from bashing the Bible and religion every second. You don't have to believe in it, loads of people do not. What's your goal by posting these type of things? Did you like get molested by the Bible or something? Why the vendetta?

itt you worship a fucking zombie god who does crazy shit to get people to suck his bipolar penis

just because he gives you everything else after fucking raping your ancestors doesn't mean all that shit is forgiven

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I get everything? boy you have no idea... heh. Just because you have ONE interpretation of things doesn't mean you have to post messages in such a way that is degrading and quite disrespectful. Seriously, this is supposed to be "intel" discussion and debate. Show a little discression and maturity. How many other people on here do not agree with the bible or religion in any way at all and post great things that express their views?

And you know, if I said something like that, which is clearly against forums rules, I'd get banned. Heh...

Q

Banned
I get everything? boy you have no idea... heh. Just because you have ONE interpretation of things doesn't mean you have to post messages in such a way that is degrading and quite disrespectful. Seriously, this is supposed to be "intel" discussion and debate. Show a little discression and maturity. How many other people on here do not agree with the bible or religion in any way at all and post great things that express their views?

And you know, if I said something like that, which is clearly against forums rules, I'd get banned. Heh...

clever

you completely ignore the first part of my post, thus undermining the "intellectual" part of your bullshit retaliation argument, then you proceed to throw in subconscious hints at mod bias to christian morality in a pathetic little attempt to rally your support base. Stop now, please. =/

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
itt: no one cares enough to bother understanding what the topic is so we sling religious insults

Q said:
clever

you completely ignore the first part of my post, thus undermining the "intellectual" part of your bullshit retaliation argument, then you proceed to throw in subconscious hints at mod bias to christian morality in a pathetic little attempt to rally your support base. Stop now, please. =/

You're being no better.

We will just die and disappear what is so bad about that.

Yeahhh I like your points after this, but here there's really no proof or way to know that's all that happens.

As for the Pascal's Wager thing, that's what it reminded me of, but he's just trying to convince the Corinths here. That's not his actual point. What Paul is getting at is why we should have faith, that he was resurrected, because well duh Paul saw it himself.
His arguments, though, all have to do with the sufferings of the apostles, baptisms, and how we should avoid those without the knowledge of God. Rather convenient, circular logic stuff.
That's always confused me.

it's statistically improbable for someone to "rise from the dead", and to rise after 3 days is impossible.

his body would've started to decay, not to mention that his brain would've decomposed to the point where he couldn't walk or preach, let alone make a coherent thought.

1 Corinthians 15:50 said:
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption

Don't be close-minded.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
clever

LoL WHAT?! The first part of your post? Very intellectual. And I throw in hints at mod bias to christian morality in a pathetic attempt to rally your support base? Erm, I said people who DO NOT believe in the Bible and express their views do it in ways that you could. In ways that are within the guidlines of the rules of the site.

Or are you talking about the point that I would get banned? That has nothing to do with religion, just a poor job on the website's staff part. Or rather, unequality when enforcing rules on the members. Looks like Christians arent the only ones who have been on their knees.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
clever

Wait you mean this?

itt you worship a fucking zombie god who does crazy shit to get people to suck his bipolar penis

or this

Q said:

I don't see how this can turn into an intellegent debate :\

Q

Banned
itt: no one cares enough to bother understanding what the topic is so we sling religious insults

You're being no better.

never once did I attempt to passive-aggressively slip snide little comments at anybody. I pointed out how Atlas is pretty much saying BS.

I understand the topic perfectly, which is why I think Paul is batshit fucking insane. But whatever, go ahead and ignore my first post. Shows a lot about your understanding of what I'm saying.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
never once did I attempt to passive-aggressively slip snide little comments at anybody. I pointed out how Atlas is pretty much saying BS.

I understand the topic perfectly, which is why I think Paul is batshit fucking insane. But whatever, go ahead and ignore my first post. Shows a lot about your understanding of what I'm saying.

Lol ummmm kay, try to keep this a bit more civil, shall we?

How many posts here were ACTUALLY about the topic before FA pointed that out?
Very little.
It was completely justified and you know it.
There can't be a topic here about actual discussion of religious text instead of "I'M RITE UR WRONG KBAI" without unnecessary posts like these:

shit, the only bible verse i care about is revelation 2:16

woozle wazzle what's your point

There's no reason I would respond to your first post, it's classic. Everyone in the book is crazy because they believe in something you don't. That's been going on for ages, lol, THIS VERSE is about arguing with nonbelievers. It's old enough that people like you are actually IN the bible. I would've thought anyone could tell it's a pointless thing to respond to.

A

Azrael

You could always assume that he got knocked unconscious, appearing dead to many in his circle, and managed to wake up three days later?

Angelus, you could be a bit more tolerant considering 'some' truths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back