• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

'08 Election Addition?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Man

It seems that the 2008 Presidential Election may be getting another candidate. Stephen Colbert Has announced that he will be running for President. Whether or not he's serious is debatable (as usual), but it should be interesting to see what he does with his annoucement.

Jopari

But only in South Carolina. So, prolly not serious. But if he is and if I was old enough to vote, then I'd have to vote Colbert. I wonder who'd be his running mate? Huckabee?

Laughing Man

Well he's running as a Dem and a Rep which is weird. But I bet if he did run everywhere (which knowing him he might end up doing for fun) he'd win the popular vote. Not that the electoral college would let him become president but it'd be funny.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
He isnt running really it just more of a stunt i guess you can say. hell if he really did run this would be a reason for me actually to register to vote.

Krimsun Monkeh

Bronze Member
xD, I saw that episode =p It was on Wednesday =].

If he actually did run I bet he'd get a hell of alot of votes.

Laughing Man

People like me? Don't assume you know how I would vote. I never said I wanted him as our president. I said it would be funny to see him win the popular vote.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Can't trust people like you with voting.
Uh nice statement that demostrates stupidity. No duh we have electoral college thats why he would never win. Also he isnt running for president he is running to compete for president right now. Plus oh yeah cant trust people like me but i bet you could trust everyone in California that voted for the Terminator.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
People like me? Don't assume you know how I would vote. I never said I wanted him as our president. I said it would be funny to see him win the popular vote.
You're blinkboy211? That was the point of me quoting what he said.
blinkboy211 said:
Uh nice statement that demostrates stupidity. Also he isnt running for president he is running to compete for president right now.
Reading.Hard.
There's a reason why I bolded your previous post. You only plan to register because it's Stephen Colbert. It's as stupid as voting for, say, Clinton because she's a woman.
I'll also thank you not to cut the entirety of my post seeing as how you are having trouble reading within context. It makes it easier for us to communicate.
blinkboy211 said:
No duh we have electoral college thats why he would never win.
I didn't only state that we had an electoral college. I said we had one because of inane reasons for voting, or more to the point; registering to vote only because you like one of the potential candidates based on reasons other than their platform.
blinkboy211 said:
Plus oh yeah cant trust people like me but i bet you could trust everyone in California that voted for the Terminator.
Exactly. Somehow, I hinted at that. Red-herring not needed.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Reading.Hard.
There's a reason why I bolded your previous post. You only plan to register because it's Stephen Colbert. It's as stupid as voting for, say, Clinton because she's a woman.
I'll also thank you not to cut the entirety of my post seeing as how you are having trouble reading within context. It makes it easier for us to communicate
Read Hard
I didn't say if he ran that would be my only reason for voting. I said it would be A reason. When you know you are going to vote you then look over the other canadidates, and then you pick who you believe is best suited for the job. Oh yeah Clinton will get alot of votes just because she is a woman.
I didn't only state that we had an electoral college. I said we had one because of inane reasons for voting, or more to the point; registering to vote only because you like one of the potential candidates based on reasons other than their platform.
If inane reasons winout in each state, then the electoral college is voting for an inane reason too. The electoral college just votes for whoever won the majority in their state. So if Stephen Colbert actually runs for US President, if he just wins some of the states that have the biggest electoral college voters then he could easily win.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Read Hard
I didn't say if he ran that would be my only reason for voting. I said it would be A reason.
I don't believe I said that was your only reason. I said people like you shouldn't be allowed to vote because of stupid reasons. "Stephen Colbert is running so now I'm going to register, not a few years ago, or when the main canadiates were introduced"
When you know you are going to vote you then look over the other canadidates, and then you pick who you believe is best suited for the job.
When you're in an argument, you're suppose to make a point. Just for reference, this particular quote is missing it.
But since you're preaching about how to vote, it took you what, 5 seconds (same time it took you to post) to "look over the other candidates and pick who you thought was best" and say "if he really did run this would be a reason for me actually to register to vote."?
Oh yeah Clinton will get alot of votes just because she is a woman.
You've no idea what a comparison is, do you?
I'll say it again.
Your reason for registering to vote is just as stupid as voting for Hilary because she is a woman.
Understand now? I made no mention of her winning a lot of votes, so your sarcastic retort is pointless. In fact, I don't think the comparison I'm making is very difficult to comprehend.
I'll try to make it simpler if you still don't understand, the next bout.

If inane reasons winout in each state,
Not everyone is you, nor did I make mention of the states, or other people. I specifically mentioned your desire to register if Colbert was indeed running.
Straying from the discourse seems to be a habit of yours.
then the electoral college is voting for an inane reason too. The electoral college just votes for whoever won the majority in their state.
No, they don't. Hence my "Which is actually why we have the electoral college."
So if Stephen Colbert actually runs for US President, if he just wins some of the states that have the biggest electoral college voters then he could easily win.
Refer to "Straying.....yours."

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I don't believe I said that was your only reason. I said people like you shouldn't be allowed to vote because of stupid reasons. "Stephen Colbert is running so now I'm going to register, not a few years ago, or when the main canadiates were introduced"
you talk about me not reading into the context your doing the same. I not once said "only i am registering to vote cause i want Stephen Colbert to win." I just said this would give me a reason to vote so i can have my say.
When you're in an argument, you're suppose to make a point. Just for reference, this particular quote is missing it.
But since you're preaching about how to vote, it took you what, 5 seconds (same time it took you to post) to "look over the other candidates and pick who you thought was best" and say "if he really did run this would be a reason for me actually to register to vote."?
Didnt even know i was arguing a point...For one if i could type all that in 5 seconds then i am a really awesome typer. Secondly, I never said i would vote for Stephen Colbert. If he ran i would register to hear his viewpoints and issues and also viewpoints of other canadidates. Again you couldnt read the context and comprehend it.
Not everyone is you, nor did I make mention of the states, or other people. I specifically mentioned your desire to register if Colbert was indeed running.
Again where did i say i would ever vote for him? I just said it would encourage me to vote, but you could only have gotten that if you read into what i was actually saying. Someone to shake up politics would encourage alot more people to pay attention and possibly listen to the debates that would be coming up.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
blinkboy211 said:
you talk about me not reading into the context your doing the same.
Am I? There's nothing to read within context.
I not once said "only i am registering to vote cause i want Stephen Colbert to win." I just said this would give me a reason to vote so i can have my say.
My end was assuming. Why would you only decide to register if Colbert was running if you weren't going to vote for him? Colbert is your motivation to register, otherwise you would have done so already. If you aren't voting for him, you would have registered sooner because the other candidates are your choice.
Didnt even know i was arguing a point...
See, when one person says something and another person retorts, that's an argument.
For one if i could type all that in 5 seconds then i am a really awesome typer.

"He isnt running really it just more of a stunt i guess you can say. hell if he really did run this would be a reason for me actually to register to vote."

Doesn't take long to type.
Secondly, I never said i would vote for Stephen Colbert.
Of course you did. I concluded so when you haven't registered for two years but decide to do so only if Colbert runs.
If he ran i would register to hear his viewpoints and issues and also viewpoints of other canadidates.
You don't have to register to hear their platforms.
Again you couldnt read the context and comprehend it.
1. It's not "read the context".
2. Learn what "read within context" means before you try to make a "clever" statement.
3. There's no "context" to comprehend, although there is an implication. "I'm voting for Colbert if he runs"
Again where did i say i would ever vote for him?
Ok, the part you quoted from me, said, in it's entirety. "I specifically mentioned your desire to register if Colbert was indeed running."
It made no claim of you voting for him, so why are you repeating the same question you used in the prior quotes?
Seems to me you aren't reading my post.
I just said it would encourage me to vote, but you could only have gotten that if you read into what i was actually saying.
As I've said before, the only implication is "I'm voting for Colbert". Care to give me a bullshit explanation how Colbert joining encourages you to register, but you won't vote for him?
Someone to shake up politics would encourage alot more people to pay attention and possibly listen to the debates that would be coming up.
"Shake up politics" REALLY!? You do know Stephen Colbert is a comedian that plays in character, yes? And political debates aren't like our debates, but you weren't know anything about the latter either.

ozymandius

So? Washington needs to laugh once in a while. People down there look like they have silver spoons up their @$$es

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back