• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Limitcut Episode and Data Battles Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Delsin Rowe

Just wanted to start this thread to talk all things about the Limitcut Episode and the 13 Boss Battles that are going to be added in the new ReMind dlc. While little is known about the Limitcut Episode itself, there have a multitude of theories regarding the new content being added to the game. One theory that I'm fully behind, is that the Limitcut Episode is basically going to be the explorable version of Scala ad Caelum that we saw in the recent trailer will be this games version of the Cavern of Remembrance. For those of you who don't know what the Cavern of Remembrance is, its basically this large dungeon that is chock full of Heartless and Nobodies which would then lead to the 13 data battles. And for those who don't know what the 13 data battles are, they were basically superboss rematches against each member of the former Organization 13. And from what we saw in the recent trailers, it looks like they are bringing these fights back, only with the new Organization 13. But these aren't just copy and paste fights from the Keyblade Graveyard, these look like completely new boss fights with each member having their own attacks and gimmicks. So yeah, what else do you guys think will we get in the Limitcut Episode? As for the new data battles, here's who we'd be facing in what I believed to be this Organization's numerical order.
I. Master Xehanort
II. Xemnas
III. Ansem
IV. Xigbar
V. Vanitas
VI. Terra-Xehanort
VII. Saix
VIII. Dark Riku
IX. Luxord
X. Marluxia
XI. Larxene
XII. Young Xehanort
XIII. Xion

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I have the feeling the Limitcut won't offer too much on additional lore, there might be an explanation given as to why Sora is there alone.

Part of me kind of hopes you're allowed to choose which character you play as in the limitcut but that's just wishful thinking.

Noivern

Awards
No way Y.Xehanort, Vanitas and Terranorth would be under Xigbar in the hierarchy. Terranorth is oldman Xehanort just in a younger, stronger body, while Vanitas is his apprentice and puppet, and Young Xehanort is quite literally the one who built the entire new Organization and his right hand.

That being said, I'm really hoping Scala will be the new Cave of Remembrance although I'm not sure if they would do it justice like the former. Just being able to explore a proper version of Scala would make me pretty satisfied already as I love the place (powerful contender for my favorite kh world), but I'm not expecting the same level of fun plataforming and exploration we got with the later.

Also, CoR's best thing was that it let you continuously check your progress and evolution as each new ability mastered let us reach a new level and quite literally test our power with the enemies getting stronger.

Sadly I don't think the same system would work for side dungeon in 3 since plataforming after fleeflow was introduced is basically non existant, lol.

Also pretty excited to see the Xion fight since it means we can see iconic moves like Ars Arcanum or Ragnarök in HD.

the red monster

Awards
I kinda hope anti aqua will get some sort of data battle as well.
the theme is too good just to be used once.
at least xion should be interesting

D

Deleted member 252753

I recall in the first ReMind trailer we see Sora fighting the replicas in Scala ad Caelum again. We don't see any health bars or Donald & Goofy so I wonder if this battle could be part of exploring Scala, though it could just be part of the additional scenario.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
No way Y.Xehanort, Vanitas and Terranorth would be under Xigbar in the hierarchy. Terranorth is oldman Xehanort just in a younger, stronger body, while Vanitas is his apprentice and puppet, and Young Xehanort is quite literally the one who built the entire new Organization and his right hand.

That being said, I'm really hoping Scala will be the new Cave of Remembrance although I'm not sure if they would do it justice like the former. Just being able to explore a proper version of Scala would make me pretty satisfied already as I love the place (powerful contender for my favorite kh world), but I'm not expecting the same level of fun plataforming and exploration we got with the later.

Also, CoR's best thing was that it let you continuously check your progress and evolution as each new ability mastered let us reach a new level and quite literally test our power with the enemies getting stronger.

Sadly I don't think the same system would work for side dungeon in 3 since plataforming after fleeflow was introduced is basically non existant, lol.

Also pretty excited to see the Xion fight since it means we can see iconic moves like Ars Arcanum or Ragnarök in HD.
The number listing in the Organization isn't always hierarchy, it's when they join. It's why Saix, despite being so high up in command, is only number VII in the original Organization. Xigbar looks like one of the earliest members to join the new Organization going by ReCoded and DDD, much earlier then Vanitas.

As to what I'm looking for, hopefully all the characters being playable, Terra, Lea, Xion, and Ven are not confirmed yet, some new story elements to expand and explain things, and the Organization rematches. They will be interesting because unlike the KH2FM ones, these are not just the same bosses with more health and gimmicks to their fights, these will be new fights with new moves and attack patterns. I imagine these were a lot of work to do. Excited for them, especially the ones who didn't get full moves like Luxord and Xion.

Noivern

Awards
The number listing in the Organization isn't always hierarchy, it's when they join. It's why Saix, despite being so high up in command, is only number VII in the original Organization. Xigbar looks like one of the earliest members to join the new Organization going by ReCoded and DDD, much earlier then Vanitas.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that detail. YX is still number 2 though since he's the one who traveled thought time to bring all the other ones anyways.

Delsin Rowe

For those who want to check out a clear analysis of the data battles from the recent state of play trailer, check out Bio-Roxas on YouTube. Also, they updated the Japanese site for kh3 regarding the dlc, however it's all in Japanese. Anyone mind translating it?

Corey_Griffindor

Awards
Out of the data battles, I’m definitely looking forward to the ones that haven’t been shown in any of the trailers. Makes me wonder if we need to get to level 99 like kh2 to put up a fight against them

Back