• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DON'T THINK TWICE ( REMIX - FAN-MADE )

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadrin

Awards
Hey everyone,

Personally, as I’m sure many of you have pondered, I had recently wondered what exactly a remix similar to the PlanetB Remix for "Simple & Clean" for Kingdom Hearts or the more up-beat “Sanctuary" from KHII might sound like under the guise of a 6/8 time signature for the new theme song for Kingdom Hearts 3, “Don’t Think Twice” / “Chikai”.

I don’t have any affiliation with this particular individual, but I do know that I was genuinely enlightened and thoroughly enjoyed stumbling upon this artist and creator, The Punkens, and his Youtube Channel.
The Punkens has created a remix to Don’t Think Twice given the shortened version we were teased with earlier this year, which I'll link below:

[video=youtube;meqjxbSqt_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqjxbSqt_Y[/video]

For me, THIS is definitely the kind of content I love to sit back and watch spilling out from the well of this great community: unique, high quality, well-produced, creative, enlightening and inspiring to all of the other creatives and artists here in the community. Here’s to much more of this caliber content leading up to and beyond the release of KHIII from all of you! Would many more here be driven to continue to create!

Let me know your thoughts on The Punken's remix, I’d definitely recommend sending some love & encouragement if you have the time. Does it match your expectations of what a remix for this tune should sound like, being the end of the Xehanort Saga, or if you prefer it a bit more emotional, just the way it is?

Keep being awesome, everyone!

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
yeah this this not his remix it somebdoy else remix

Seadrin

Awards
yeah this this not his remix it somebdoy else remix

Yes, thank you! I realized this shortly after posting. I've edited the post to redirect the credit to the Punkens, with all of the original meaning of this post intended.

Good looking out, cheers.

Taliax

Awards
I've seen this remix and it's great! Would love to see something like this for the opening, can't wait until they can make one with the full version!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I think it's solid. The drums could use a bit of work, but I really like maracas(?) being used. Wake me up when someone does a epic dub version of Don't Think Twice. I want to hear Don't Think Twice with a Ray of Hope Mix treatment.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I could go for a remix like this. I like how it's really brightened up by the added instrumentation and the chorus, but retains a lot of the impact of the original mix. "Chikai" is already kind of deceptively catchy, so I'd prefer something that capitalizes on that rather than trying to make it club-ready; as much as I love "Hikari" RoH from 0.2, it's not what I'm looking for out of KH3's opening.

But yeah, this is some really good fan material. That said, fans have been remixing the KH themes since the dawn of the franchise, I'm sure we'll see more takes on DTT in the future.

Seadrin

Awards
I think it's solid. The drums could use a bit of work, but I really like maracas(?) being used. Wake me up when someone does a epic dub version of Don't Think Twice. I want to hear Don't Think Twice with a Ray of Hope Mix treatment.

I imagine it took quite a bit of work separating the vocal from the rest of the track, that could be why the drums can sound a bit muddy at certain points, being left over bleed into the vocal track.

Yes, looking forward to this as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back