• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Discussion: The wasted potential of Dream Drop Distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Since we know Meow Wow is coming back in some way, it would be nice if Komory would too.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I like how the first real promotional art for KH3D is literally just Sora and his party of 3 Dream Eaters.

2011122016048_1.jpg

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Which reminds me, the biggest misstep in DDD was not having Riku to feed and pet.

Michael Mario

All of those things are true. I'd also add that Ansem and Xemnas's plans in KHI and KHII being parts of Master Xehanort's master plan somehow was less-than subtly implied in Birth By Sleep's original Secret Ending, while multiple Xehanorts were a possibility explicitly stated by Yen Sid in the Re:coded secret ending. It isn't exactly that those particular plot points weren't being built up to, it's the way they were used and handled that some fans didn't take well to... Most likely, it's because it made Master Xehanort's scheme break the willing suspension of disbelief by just how many things he somehow predicted.

To be honest, I never really had a problem with that part of 3D myself. Okay, the "Master Xehanort planned for absolutely EVERYTHING" pushed it, but they're at least taking steps to slowly elaborate on how he was able to do that in a way that doesn't contradict what Ansem and Xemnas very clearly didn't know about in their time as Big Bads. It's that it just felt so... lifeless. It might have something to do with the small number of worlds and/or Haley Joel Osment's performance as Sora for most of that game, but it didn't resonate with me as well as other games in the series. I haven't replayed it, well... ever, though, so perhaps I need to plug it into my N3DSXL again.

Michael Mario

Days takes it to another level. The rest of the series more or less fits together satisfactorily. Days doesn't fit at all. It jams itself into the middle of the story, then proceeds to contradict previously established plots and themes, over-convolutes already solved mysteries, and mischaracterizes nearly every single established character. It's ridiculous.

Ah you edited this, lol. Well it was the bat and meow wow right. They were the first Dream Eaters, I think it was just a callback to the start.

Would you mind specifically elaborating on Days's missteps as far as fitting in for me. Just of of curiosity and all...

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Would you mind specifically elaborate Days's missteps as far as fitting in for me. Just of of curiosity and all...
I don't have the energy. One day though. One day.

I hope to write a monster 50,000 word essay about everything wrong with Days and Xion so I can point to it whenever someone asks and that way I never have to talk about Days again. Oh, how I dream.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Would you mind specifically elaborating on Days's missteps as far as fitting in for me. Just of of curiosity and all...

If you stick around I'll make one about BBS.
--

Imagine playing the barrel game with Riku. I don't think he would appreciate getting pushed for stars, but hey at least we know his affinity levels would be maxed.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Wasn't one of them their attempt at making Xion a key catalyst in the Riku/Roxas awesome fight? Mind you there was no need for Xion to have a "presence" there because both Roxas and Riku had their own motivates in the fight that didn't need days to expand on.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Did honestly anything really need Xion added to it, like seriously? Is there one thing?

If you stick around I'll make one about BBS.
--

Imagine playing the barrel game with Riku. I don't think he would appreciate getting pushed for stars, but hey at least we know his affinity levels would be maxed.
it would be so cute if you feed him too many Royal Cakes and he gets chubby.

little chubby riku :3333

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The ratio of original female characters to male characters?
That is literally Xion's only saving grace and the thing that keeps me from outright hating her inclusion completely.

Still, I imagine there could have been other ways for Days to include more original female characters. Even keeping the XiV Member thing and writing it in a way that a) didn't consume the entire plot and characterization of multiple characters and b) didn't needlessly convolute and complicate already established elements. An attemptive Aqua replica for example.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Well without Xion I'm sure the sea salt ice cream business in Twilight Town would have suffered an economic downturn.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Her and Namine are the only saving graces seeing how Kairi is in the background and Aqua is meh. Here's to Nomura giving some development to Kairi.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well without Xion I'm sure the sea salt ice cream business in Twilight Town would have suffered an economic downturn.
One person wouldn't make much of a difference. Besides, Axel and Roxas still would've eaten that stuff on a daily basis. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back