• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS Volume II Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
the whole point of BBSv2 seems to be showing how much is missed by staying with Sora's perspective, and that the perspective of other characters matter, too. This is likely why it opens with that opening shot of KH1 but from Kairi's perspective and why the scenes shown only focus on characters who arent Sora.

I'd like someone to find this, if this is true. I haven't seen it anywhere, but, if you're right, you just blew my mind.
he didn't really imply it. he basically just shrugged and said he can't answer that but use your imaginations.

Awards
You guys are also forgetting the oh so important scene where Kairi apparently runs up to Sora at the beginning of KHI, while he's having his Dive to the Heart. But in all seriousness, I do wonder why they decided to put that scene--though from Kairi's PoV--in the BbSV2 trailer.
I think that scene is just there to give a sense that all the events you saw watched and played through lead up to KH1. It showed the scene just because Sora wakes up (and so, just before the player sees anything outside of Sora) to give a sense of "it's just about to begin" and we all know where it goes from there.

Anyway, didn't Nomura say one of the stories he wanted to tell was Mickey's getting the Kingdom Key D in KHI? Well, maybe he's finally going to do that here? And maybe even hint at how Mickey seems to know where Aqua's at?

And didn't he once imply that maybe Mickey and Aqua met in the RoD, but Aqua chose to stay behind for whatever reason?
Does Mickey alude to knowing where she is? He still refers to her as his missing friend, and it's a little hard to believe she would choose to stay in the realm of darkness when she knows nothing about Terra's current state, or how to wake up Ventus.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Does Mickey alude to knowing where she is? He still refers to her as his missing friend, and it's a little hard to believe she would choose to stay in the realm of darkness when she knows nothing about Terra's current state, or how to wake up Ventus.
In Re:Coded Mickey tells Yen Sid that they figured out where Ven's heart is and Yen Sid replies "That leaves only Terra" or whatever, implying that they know where Aqua is.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
the whole point of BBSv2 seems to be showing how much is missed by staying with Sora's perspective, and that the perspective of other characters matter, too. This is likely why it opens with that opening shot of KH1 but from Kairi's perspective and why the scenes shown only focus on characters who arent Sora.

Not gonna lie... the way you phrased that makes me want BbSV2 to be a thing even moreso now, seeing as how we all saw how KHII somewhat suffered by being too tacked onto Sora's PoV:)

I think that scene is just there to give a sense that all the events you saw watched and played through lead up to KH1. It showed the scene just because Sora wakes up (and so, just before the player sees anything outside of Sora) to give a sense of "it's just about to begin" and we all know where it goes from there.

I don't know why, but the way you said that is making me think KHIII's going to pull an "it was all a dream" type thing. Or that Sora was just seeing a vision of the entire games' narrative, and now it's TRULY going to start after KHIII... Gosh, do I hope they don't do that. I don't think that they will, but you never know.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
They're not going to do something like that because they want the series to go on after KH3 lol. That's the kind of bullshit plot twist people do at the end of a series, not so much in the middle of one lol.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't know why, but the way you said that is making me think KHIII's going to pull an "it was all a dream" type thing. Or that Sora was just seeing a vision of the entire games' narrative, and now it's TRULY going to start after KHIII... Gosh, do I hope they don't do that. I don't think that they will, but you never know.

I've been having these weird thoughts lately...
...like, is any of this for real or not?

Anagram

Banned
i just can't imagine sitting through a 2-4 hour movie, i neglected to watch the two i own let alone a new one.

If I can sit through 4 hours of the crap that is the Days movie and DDD then you can manage. Besides the Coded movie was fine and I also listed flashback option in that post.

Either way I'm not curious enough nor interested enough to play an extended version of Aqua stumbling through the dark realm.

Emperor

This would be breaking one of the more prominent rules of creative writing. Granted they're not technically ending the series, it would still make the very first arc a cop out. The amount of damage this would cause due to the people it pissed off, would probably be irreversible.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'd rather watch it. There's no original source material so they can't screw it up and have a repeat of Days(movie) where they left out impacting moments. I mean the only thing that interests me is what DiZ hid inside Sora which we'll find out in 3 anyways.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If they could make it episodic with each episode being a story with one character, I'd be cool.

For example:

Episode 1: Aqua - Realm of Darkness
Episode 2: Riku - KH1
Episode 3: Mickey - KH1
Episode 4: Riku - Days to KH2
Episode 5: Kairi - Whenever that is with her at the mansion

But y'know give me an episodic theater thing if it is too much making gameplay.
This. This is a thing that I want very much.

Please go work for Nomura.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I may be in the minority, but I'm fine without A BBS volume ll. I'd like to leave Mickey, Riku, and Aqua's mysterious journeys up to the players imagination. Revealing them would kind of ruin it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Yeah no. That kind of twist is so bad that only the F*ck-Up Lord Shyamalan (however that dumb name is spelled) would actually use it. Besides, I'd rather not have the events of DDD become even more "dream within a dream within a dream within a dream" than they already are.

I also doubt that Nomura would do something like that to a series he's put so much effort into. He's made some poor decisions before, but something that horribly cliched would just be jumping the shark. And unlike a lot of stuff that he's tried in this series, that's one "twist" that everyone knows and everyone HATES.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
bbs v2 should be another trio game, aqua, mickey and riku in the RoD, but rather than separate stories it should be intertwined and crossing paths like DDD or GTA V. they can all have a separate playstyle, maybe separate gameplay, and it can culminate into KH3 where they can finish the other stories they started and built up.

Riku wasn't really in RoD all that long. With the slower rate of time passing there, it had to have been all of 5-10 minutes from his PoV.

That said, I've longed for a true playable Mickey KH experience, so naturally the 1 game that would've made that happen would be the 1 game to get canned.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well it never really got canned because it was never really started, lol. THERE'S STILL HOPE.
there's always hope. down deep, there's a light that never goes out.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Oh, I would love A BBS Volume II someday! The Realm of Darkness is an fascinating place, and I have always wanted to know more about it. The playable section from BBSFM made my curiosity towards it grow even stronger.
Also, the little scenes about KH1 Riku with comatose Kairi, Riku following Roxas and Xion, Kairi with determined look at the Old Mansion etc... I would really like to know what they were doing. I have to agree that it might not be the most coherent game in the series, but it would not bother me that much to be honest.
It being playable or cinematic experience, I just hope we get to see it someday.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
playing as Riku during KH1 would be lame. What does he even do?

Objective: Get Alice while Sora is fighting cards!
Objective: Steal Princess Jasmine!
Objective: Run away from Sora w/ Pinocchio!
Objective: Get your ass kicked!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I can sit through 4 hours of the crap that is the Days movie and DDD then you can manage. Besides the Coded movie was fine and I also listed flashback option in that post.

Either way I'm not curious enough nor interested enough to play an extended version of Aqua stumbling through the dark realm.

Yep, also not to forget that there isn't really much to stumble upon in the Dark Realm from the beginning

This would be breaking one of the more prominent rules of creative writing. Granted they're not technically ending the series, it would still make the very first arc a cop out. The amount of damage this would cause due to the people it pissed off, would probably be irreversible.

I'd imagine it would be the death of KH as a whole in this format at least. "Jumping the shark" it is called me thinks.

Oh, I would love A BBS Volume II someday! The Realm of Darkness is an fascinating place, and I have always wanted to know more about it.

I'm curious, what exactly is so fascinating with the Realm of Darkness? It's just a never ending maze of platforms/corridors with twisted dark veins/trees/wires (or whatever these weird tentacles are) sprouting around everywhere and the only thing you can do there is fight endless waves of mindless mooks.
There isn't enough story in that to fill a small Tupperware container with it especially since Aqua has no one to truly interact with.

---
If anything, I think the episodic format Master Spockanort suggested is the only feasible way to properly address all these little points all over the timeline shown in that short video.
The last part (with Young Xehanort turning into Ansem/Xemnas/MX and then Sora/Ven seemingly vanishing) is already handled in DDD and a metaphor for it and can thus be discarded since DDD itself covers it.

Speaking of DDD, I can also see the possibility that they might simply include the BBSv2 bits as additional unlockable mementos in the DDD Remaster itself that you get at specific points during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back