• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura Collaboration: Utada Hikaru's Cover Album

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rau Le Creuset

Re: Tetsuya Nomura Collaboration: Utada Hikaru's Cover Album

Master Eraqus just went inside Terra though.. didn't he?
So is Terra the only character that has truly died? Since his soul left his body and willed the armor? But then how do we still see Terra talking with Master Xehanort at the end of Birth By Sleep?

Edit: whoops You posted while I was still typing, my apologies for the derailing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You know, I keep looking at the art and it really surprises me how much Nomura's rendition of Hikki looks like her. I've gotten so used to his KH work that I sometimes forget that Nomura's really amazing at realism and detail. His down-to-earth work is always beautiful and people always try to put down his art by saying "Where are the belts/zippers/spikes?" but outside of FFVII AC and old KH work (because his recent designs for KH have been *shock* beltless/zipperless), his art really has none of that. Some of my favorite work by Nomura comes from Parasite Eve and his enemy designs from FFVI.

Also this artwork released today for Forever Today: Final Fantasy XI Seekers of Adoulin OST Plus will have my heart forever

forevertoday.jpg

(Nomura needs to release an artbook. I say this constantly but his art is something I would love to have a 300 page artbook of on my shelf to just look at and admire.)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Rau; I'll take this to pms to avoid derailing it any further unless a thread does get created.

And spock; I've actually been hanging on to see the end of Seekers in FFXI, I saw a small clip of the ending song and it sounded really good.

And yes..that artwork is really good.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

You know, I keep looking at the art and it really surprises me how much Nomura's rendition of Hikki looks like her. I've gotten so used to his KH work that I sometimes forget that Nomura's really amazing at realism and detail. His down-to-earth work is always beautiful and people always try to put down his art by saying "Where are the belts/zippers/spikes?" but outside of FFVII AC and old KH work (because his recent designs for KH have been *shock* beltless/zipperless), his art really has none of that. Some of my favorite work by Nomura comes from Parasite Eve and his enemy designs from FFVI.

(Nomura needs to release an artbook. I say this constantly but his art is something I would love to have a 300 page artbook of on my shelf to just look at and admire.)

I noticed that right away, how good and realistic Hikki looks. I really like his Parasite Eve artwork as well. And of course his FF VI artwork is amazing too.
Statue of the Gods - Characters & Art - Final Fantasy VI

And YES HE DOES NEED TO MAKE AN ART BOOK I'D BUY IT IN AN INSTANT.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I really hope this means she will be performing a new song for KH3.

Just hearing her music opening up a trailer or the full game will make my eyes tear up. ;_;

On December 9th I will def be checking her new album out. KHI better post a reminder!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Look closely, she's one of the 13 Darkness of the new Organization XIII.

Damn, she's the Seeker that NO ONE saw coming! XD

I don't think she'd do it, but it'd be awesome if she were a voice in KH3.

That would be a really interesting idea, actually. I'd imagine they'd either make her a bit player or something as a nice cameo. She can even provide the voice work for both Japanese and English seeing as she's fluent in both.

Also fun fact:

9WvP7Nx.png

artwork15.png

Sora05.png

3360386-ff132+(1).jpg

Utada was a queen before Sora & Noctis ever sat on a throne.

Huh. I've always known Nomura to have a thing for characters on thrones, but I didn't realize Hikki did it beforehand.

Neat command menu, so it's Sing, Charge, Magic, and Item.... Oh no, don't tell me they're thinking of bringing back the Atlantica singing world from KH2! :eek: lol

Nah, he's preparing for the other musical world to appear in Kingdom Hearts III, the world based on Final Fantasy XV Frozen. :p

I really hope this means she will be performing a new song for KH3.

Just hearing her music opening up a trailer or the full game will make my eyes tear up. ;_;

On December 9th I will def be checking her new album out. KHI better post a reminder!

Agreed. Whatever happens, I'd love for her to stay at least for this one last game to finish the Xehanort saga. My brother and I both consider her music for the games very nostalgic and I can't imagine the last game without her voice.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

I'm thrilled to see the picture. Don't think it's the cover art, though.

Antar

Awards

What do you mean? I thought they said that themselves...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What do you mean? I thought they said that themselves...

It's not the cover art. This artwork was made for the cover album, along with other art and photography as a gift to Utada.

Antar

Awards

It's not the cover art. This artwork was made for the cover album, along with other art and photography as a gift to Utada.

Ohhhh, I see now. I misread it, I thought they said the picture was for the cover art. I read "cover album" as "album cover" xD

Sdog

Awards

Ohhhh, I see now. I misread it, I thought they said the picture was for the cover art. I read "cover album" as "album cover" xD

I made the same assumption too xP.

Though I'm curious, is the whole track list revealed as to which songs she will be covering?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I made the same assumption too xP.

Though I'm curious, is the whole track list revealed as to which songs she will be covering?

Utada isn't the one covering the songs xD

Guys, read the opening post! People are singing her songs as a gift. It's her 15th anniversary since she started performing.

Sdog

Awards

Utada isn't the one covering the songs xD

Guys, read the opening post! People are singing her songs as a gift. It's her 15th anniversary since she started performing.

Ahhhhh, what I meant to say was.... I wonder which songs she will be having covered? ;p

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

So, I just gave the album a real good listen. The cover of Hikari was pretty meh, but the cover of Sanctuary (which was the album finisher) was definitely a highlight. If any of you are fans of Utada's non-KH music, "Letters" and "Automatic" were really well done too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Automatic and Letters were the first ones I ordered from iTunes. *u*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back