• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Rated by the ESRB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Last week, the Entertainment Software Rating Board responsible for assigning ratings for video games and apps in North America gave Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- an Everyone 10+ rating for Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, and Use of Alcohol. The upcoming HD remaster collection contains Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix, & Kingdom Hearts Re:coded HD Theater and will be released on December 2nd 2014 in North America on the PlayStation 3.

This is a compilation of action role-playing games, based on the Kingdom Hearts franchise, in which players assume the roles of young warriors that travel through fantastical worlds to stop a destructive power. Players use key-shaped swords and magic spells to defeat classic Disney villains (e.g., Pete, Jafar, Ursula) and creatures (e.g., dragons, magical armor) in melee-style combat. Battles are accompanied by cries of pain and colorful bursts of light; enemies disappear amid colorful orbs when defeated. Some sequences allow players to fire eggs and arrows at enemies from a first- and third-person perspective. A handful of cutscenes depict characters struck by magical swords and blasts. One sequence depicts red blood stains on some cursed coins. There is a scene where a character briefly drinks from a bottle of wine.

Even with the rating, it still remains unknown if Kingdom Hearts II has been censored like the original European & North American release in 2006 or if it has been left untouched like the Japanese version. Do you all hope it has been left alone this time around? Tell us in the comments below! 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all the latest news on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- and Kingdom Hearts 3!

Gram

Banned
Awards
Meaning all the things not needing a censor are getting them again?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Meaning all the things not needing a censor are getting them again?

Who knows! That is why I'm asking what you all think. in my edit haha

They cite "magical swords" and I'd say Jack getting stabbed in the chest is pretty...magical.

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
What, nothing about jiggling ta-tas? I fully expect a giant black box over Aqua's chest in every scene.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Who knows! That is why I'm asking what you all think. in my edit haha

They site "magical swords" and I'd say Jack getting stabbed in the chest is pretty...magical.

Now I'm filled with uncertainty Ethy!! D8
Lol Cutlesses are all kinds if magical.

If they censor it again I will be disappoint. U_U A sniper rifle, scope sights and blast of magical black darkness to the face are hardly anymore graphic or worse than what kids see else where.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now I'm filled with uncertainty Ethy!! D8
Lol Cutlesses are all kinds if magical.

If they censor it again I will be disappoint. U_U A sniper rifle, scope sights and blast of magical black darkness to the face are hardly anymore graphic or worse than what kids see else where.

Be conflicted! We have to worry about our sacred burning man (btw today was supposed to be the Burning Man Festival), guns!!!, and sniper rifles ;~; I won't let the ESRB dictate my fantasy/historial gun viewing rights.

(I'm sorry I'm feeling really silly today.)

What, nothing about jiggling ta-tas? I fully expect a giant black box over Aqua's chest in every scene.

Now now, there is no need for that.

Aqua's boobs just no longer jiggle like natural boobs anymore. She now has solid foam balls for breasts.

I'm more concerned about Terra's man-boobs. Do THEY still jiggle?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Aqua's boobs just no longer jiggle like natural boobs anymore. She now has solid foam balls for breasts.

Aqua's can live without, but I will cry if there's no more Terra boob jiggle. ;A;

Gram

Banned
Awards
Be conflicted! We have to worry about our sacred burning man (btw today was supposed to be the Burning Man Festival), guns!!!, and sniper rifles ;~; I won't let the ESRB dictate my fantasy/historial gun viewing rights.

(I'm sorry I'm feeling really silly today.)

The girls better not get to keep Terras jiggle while we male fans lose Aquas, I DEMAND EQUALITY!!!!!!

How do we stop the ESRP from ruining what isn't even bad?? D8

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The girls better not get to keep Terras jiggle while we male fans lose Aquas, I DEMAND EQUALITY!!!!!!

How do we stop the ESRP from ruining what isn't even bad?? D8

To be serious, I've never been sure why the ESRB ever cited it in their Birth By Sleep rating review back in 2010. Oh no! This fantasy character's breasts move in a natural, subtle manner! Honestly, I'd have never noticed it.

Aqua's can live without, but I will cry if there's no more Terra boob jiggle. ;A;

If there is no jiggle, there is still Terra's unobstructed underarmor suit-clad rear.

Gram

Banned
Awards
To be serious, I've never been sure why the ESRB ever cited it in their Birth By Sleep rating review back in 2010. Oh no! This fantasy character's breasts move in a natural, subtle manner! Honestly, I'd have never noticed it.

If there is no jiggle, there is still Terra's unobstructed underarmor suit-clad rear.

I'm not sure why they site or censor the things they do. It's almost like they aren't even sure themselves.

LedxirnSimon

*censors with a cap* :p

but...
tumblr_mm4ub0OMFn1riaxvno1_500.gif

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I don't really mind if it's censored. Nothing big was ever cut.

And frankly, I prefer Braig/Xigbar's crosshair in the Western versions. Feels more consistent with the game's aesthetic.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Oh yeah, I remember the one scene where Riku bled to death next to Sora, who was holding a very large bottle of Kentucky whiskey, drinking it absentmindedly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh yeah, I remember the one scene where Riku bled to death next to Sora, who was holding a very large bottle of Kentucky whiskey, drinking it absentmindedly.

Hey, hey. He was drinking wine, not whiskey.

I don't really mind if it's censored. Nothing big was ever cut.

And frankly, I prefer Braig/Xigbar's crosshair in the Western versions. Feels more consistent with the game's aesthetic.

I don't know, I thought by removing the sword in Jack's chest it ruined the fact they were trying to mimic the scene from the film.

I agree about the crosshairs, to an extent.

*censors with a cap* :p

but...
tumblr_mm4ub0OMFn1riaxvno1_500.gif

Haha, good ol' censor caps.

I'm not sure why they site or censor the things they do. It's almost like they aren't even sure themselves.

Hot Coffee. Better to be overly proactive than...not.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Hot Coffee. Better to be overly proactive than...not.

In this case I disagree. These games are the same as they were originally, the only additions are graphic updating and coders movie. There's nothing to be overly proactive about here because it's already known what the game contain.
They're simply going a bit overboard, at least with the scene of axel fading, guns and cross hairs.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
These comments have made my day. XD

Oh, ESRB thingy, why couldn't you have said "There's some zombies that shoot guns and a dieing guy on fire." I'm a little worried these things will once again be censored for no reason.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In this case I disagree. These games are the same as they were originally, the only additions are graphic updating and coders movie. There's nothing to be overly proactive about here because it's already known what the game contain.
They're simply going a bit overboard, at least with the scene of axel fading, guns and cross hairs.

I don't agree with the ESRB's reasoning or the fact they have so much control over content, but I should note that it is not the same people who review these games. They are a group of trained staff chosen at random so whoever reviewed 2.5 is not likely to have reviewed 2, BBS, or Re:coded and, without having prior knowledge of Kingdom Hearts, would not know what was and wasn't in the game.

We as fans might know, but it should be expected that the ESRB does not as it is their job to objectively review and rate in order to better inform consumers & parents.

The ESRB cannot be lenient on any game, regardless if it has been on the market before or not, and will almost always err to the conservative side.

What we think does not matter in this case.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
By magical armor they mean Lingering Sentiment right? For some reason that made me laugh. And the egg part really confused me for a second. I thought "when are eggs ever fired in KH?" xD

Yes, lol xD A part of me thinks they really only reviewed KH2 and no other game in the collection haha

Me too xD "flaming...eggs?" Then I remembered Chicken Little was a thing. Whoops!

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't agree with the ESRB's reasoning or the fact they have so much control over content, but I should note that it is not the same people who review these games. They are a group of trained staff chosen at random so whoever reviewed 2.5 is not likely to have reviewed 2, BBS, or Re:coded and, without having prior knowledge of Kingdom Hearts, would not know what was and wasn't in the game.

We as fans might know, but it should be expected that the ESRB does not as it is their job to objectively review and rate in order to better inform consumers & parents.

The ESRB cannot be lenient on any game, regardless if it has been on the market before or not, and will almost always err to the conservative side.

What we think does not matter in this case.
I still disagree with the notion about how proactive they are with the games. Kids see far worse on tv when their not playing a KH game.
Though I also say that because I find what they chose to censor stupid.

Jack having a sword through his chest I can understand, that is a bit graphic, but censoring the pirates 1700's era guns, which no ones gonna notice will playing the game, or the cross hairs of Xigbar's rifle (or even his rifle itself) is just dumb.

Xigbars combined weapon doesn't even look like anything needing censored. x[

Then there's Axel's death scene. I fail to see how editing out his flame takes away from seeing him literally fade into nothing. We both know that is just a dumb censorship right there.

I doesn't matter but I think it should because the things they chose to edit with KH just makes them look like random amateurs or parents they pulled of the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back