• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The world submerged in sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
This all has to relate back to the data inside Sora's heart and Riku's connection to Xehanort.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
well maybe its like ven, the world's heart is still messed up from the heartless attacks, so the worlds are in a sleep like state. So sora and riku have to restore the "world's heart" to wake it up otherwise the inhabitants of that world could be lost forever or somthing and since the world is kinda asleep the dream eaters are able to appear. Isn't Travers Town suppose to be the like the remains of the worlds destoyed by the heartless, maybe fragmensts of the aleep world's hearts are there so thats why we are going back to traverse town. Sora and riku access the new worlds through the remnants of that world that make up traverse town, they drop into the worlds dream so to speak.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
well maybe its like ven, the world's heart is still messed up from the heartless attacks, so the worlds are in a sleep like state. So sora and riku have to restore the "world's heart" to wake it up otherwise the inhabitants of that world could be lost forever or somthing and since the world is kinda asleep the dream eaters are able to appear. Isn't Travers Town suppose to be the like the remains of the worlds destoyed by the heartless, maybe fragmensts of the aleep world's hearts are there so thats why we are going back to traverse town. Sora and riku access the new worlds through the remnants of that world that make up traverse town, they drop into the worlds dream so to speak.

That... actually makes sense, and sounds plausible. It would fit.

Number Zero

We don't know the manner in which Yen Sid sets the test up. He could have just put them to sleep and let their subconscious do the rest of the work. Or anything, really.

We know the game focuses on the Mark of Mastery test, but Nomura said that it would only be for part of the game. *Shrugs* Let's just wait for the trailer.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
All I get out of that is that you show the Mark at some point in the game, and are a true Master for the rest of it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I've sorta been hoping that this is a 'dream'...that becomes a 'reality.' Not like how Re:Coded where whatever happened in the journal felt as though it didn't matter (when a good majority of it didn't) but more like, Sora and Riku (or something else entirely) has brought these dream eating creatures into reality and the line between dreams and reality are 'teetering.'

That could also explain unnatural phenomena such as MF (him randomly appearing in a different timeline and out of thin air could probably be due to something bonking up with reality) and Xemans and Ansem flashing in and out of existence like they do but meh I'm just throwing ideas out `3`

I think this is the most likely thing. I think perhaps the game starts out with Sora and Riku falling into a world of dreams and doing the MoM and then somehow when the dream and exam are over, something goes wrong and the dream eaters are pulled into reality which causes major problems since they will be attacking real worlds. So Sora and Riku have to go out to these worlds and fight the dream eaters. If they can subdue them then they can be controlled by Sora and Riku since the dream eaters are in a sense their creations.

I also think Xehanort has something to do with this whole dream eater thing. I feel he may be responsible for messing the exam up and bringing the dream eaters into reallity.

Key to Truth

Awards
Well, Nom-chan already said the mark of mastery is only a part of the game. So, I'm guessing we will wear those new costumes inside the "Dream" that they have to overcome (this dream would include several worlds) and then we go back to our regular costumes in KH2 and do some stuff in the real world. I still don't know why the Sora and Riku inside the dreams must be their KH1 versions with new costumes though (You can tell they look younger just by looking at their faces and hair).

Also, probably we can go back to all those dream worlds so we can still play with those new costumes.

ChaoticWolf777

All I get out of that is that you show the Mark at some point in the game, and are a true Master for the rest of it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noo the dark keyblade didnt take out his heart. he unlocked the darkness inside of it. but by doing that it released kairi's heart of pure light. he becomes a heartless. the dark keyblade becomes no more and all of the princess' get thier heart back

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Ah, okay. Just wondering.

Still, it's also funny to note that Donald and Goofy call him the keyblade master throughout the entire game.

billyzanesucks

I think they'll remain in this 'dream' for the majority of the game. It would be a waste if the Dream Eaters just disappeared halfway through.

χ-Blade Master

All of this dream stuff reminds me of Dragon Quest 6 were there was the real world and the "Dream World" and worlds that were inaccessible or destroyed in the real world were still present in the Dream World through people's dreams.

Dark Hearts King

Website
chronicum.wordpress.com
From recent Famitsu article:
Kingdom Hearts 3D in Famitsu Weekly said:
"The “World Submerged in Sleep” is said to be connected to dreaming, it can be opened by unlocking the “Keyhole of Sleep” that exists in that world. Instead of Heartless, in this world there exist creatures that devour dreams called Dream Eaters. There are two kinds of Dream Eaters, those that consume dreams and plant nightmares and those that eat only bad dreams. Investigating the Dream Eaters becomes the key guiding to the “Keyhole of Sleep”."

"The “World Submerged in Sleep” is a complex story, but there were worlds other than those that Sora restored in KH1, some that were not submerged in darkness. Like the worlds of the princesses and Dumbo’s, etc. In the end of KH1 it was established that some of those worlds were restored, but not all of them. Those that were neither in light nor in darkness, but those that were submerged in sleep.
Since those worlds are essential asleep, the dreams of those worlds become the setting. Sora and Riku will travel to those worlds to awaken them from their sleep."

"Temporarily taking on their KH1 forms, they’ll enter into the worlds of sleep . Additionally, Yen Sid says that in order to become a Master, the self taught way that they use the Keyblade will be reset and that it is necessary they learn how to use the Keyblade appropriately from the beginning."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Speculation is where it is at, definitely! We've already got about two pages with of theories and just general discussion :3 Jump right on in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back