• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New info of BBSFM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I never said game developers couldnt be greedy. Im just saying blame the company not 1 SINGLE PERSON for all decisions made when it comes to marketing. You dont have to be freakin rude to someone it.

I'm not being rude, just being realistic.

Crystal

Silver Member
No Heart is the name of the Mirage Arena boss that has similar armor to Xemnas', which leads us all to believe it is Xehanort's armor.

Xehanort's name is Xehanort, real or not. But his name does unscramble to say No Heart, as well as Another.

Oh..
I love the idea of the boss being Xehanort armor though..

Lingering Night

I still don't see why they can't release FM content as DLC via the playstation store later on... People would certainly pay for that, since it isn't entirely a rerelease. How long would it take them really? A few weeks, perhaps a month? At the very least give us the story content, like this No Heart and AotM, I couldn't care less about the new commands and the like.

Anyway, back on topic, this No Heart sounds interesting. I really don't want it to be Xehanort's armor, I feel like they are overdoing it a little. Besides, isn't AotM supposed to be the hardest boss. I might just import this game if I can find a good deal, but if I do, I'll do it slowly, I just don't think I'll have the same drive as I did the first time around. My total lack of understanding of the Japanese language won't help anything either.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
People would certainly pay for that

Dissidia begs to differ.

Back on topic. I'm sure this fight will be fun for what its worth cuz to be honest...I hated MF's fight. I honestly despised it. It wasn't challenging in the fun way, it was challenging in the annoying piss off sort of way that made me enjoy fights in the Mirage Arena way better. I didn't fight and beat MF for his keyblade...I fought because I seriously wanted to beat his ass. Hope they did this guy right. imo of course.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dissidia begs to differ.

Back on topic. I'm sure this fight will be fun for what its worth cuz to be honest...I hated MF's fight. I honestly despised it. It wasn't challenging in the fun way, it was challenging in the annoying piss off sort of way that made me enjoy fights in the Mirage Arena way better. I didn't fight and beat MF for his keyblade...I fought because I seriously wanted to beat his ass. Hope they did this guy right. imo of course.

soooo many pirated downloads. D:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Many reasons for that piracy. One was how long it took for the game to come out, and that the game was leaked like months before the release.

Mukuro2Rounds

And how do you know their deadline wasn't for then? Just because they have it finished by summer and the game doesn't ship until later doesn't mean they weren't contracted to end development at a certain point in time. Release =/= Completion Date.
I can understand production, but theres also a thing called delays. Your acting if Nomura/SE couldn't do anything at all to get FM material in, or release BbS earlier. Nomura isn't exactly top contender for best head of the year.

Osaka Team (The same team behind Dissidia) always takes forever with their games, and localizations. We had even more of a wait for FF Dissidia than we had for BbS, and we knew that they could've released that late spring.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I can understand production, but theres also a thing called delays. Your acting if Nomura/SE couldn't do anything at all to get FM material in, or release BbS earlier. Nomura isn't exactly top contender for best head of the year.
He's not going to ask for a delay just because. The extra stuff is just that, extra stuff. They found the time to add in some of the extra ideas they had but not all of them. They didn't -have- to add anything to the BBS release, but they did, and how do people react? By bitching about it.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
He's not going to ask for a delay just because. The extra stuff is just that, extra stuff. They found the time to add in some of the extra ideas they had but not all of them. They didn't -have- to add anything to the BBS release, but they did, and how do people react? By bitching about it.

thats true. we did get more than what was needed and then since they had the time they just threw extra shit into their FM. they had the time so they did it. they didn't have to.

Mukuro2Rounds

Nomura saying "There wasn't enough time" is almost as fragile as "There isn't a Birth by Sleep Final Mix in the works." They had time, they didn't use it, I could care less of what the fans moaning, but using "time" as an excuse is piss poor when how they tried it with Dissidia. There doing the same thing with Re:Coded as that the game itself is finished, but their releasing it later, despite originally advertising it for the Western gamers. Nomura could've added it, whether it would've been easy, or not doesn't matter he still could've added it against "time"

If it were extra stuff clearly fans wouldn't be bitching about "Whine! He can put on the PSN store Whine!" "He said he wouldn't! Whine!". Your riding Nomura much more in a good light than he really was in the matter.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura saying "There wasn't enough time" is almost as fragile as "There isn't a Birth by Sleep Final Mix in the works." They had time, they didn't use it, I could care less of what the fans moaning, but using "time" as an excuse is piss poor when how they tried it with Dissidia. There doing the same thing with Re:Coded as that the game itself is finished, but their releasing it later, despite originally advertising it for the Western gamers. Nomura could've added it, whether it would've been easy, or not doesn't matter he still could've added it against "time"

If it were extra stuff clearly fans wouldn't be bitching about "Whine! He can put on the PSN store Whine!" "He said he wouldn't! Whine!". Your riding Nomura much more in a good light than he really was in the matter.

Blimey, don't talk about crap you don't understand. Do you work in the video game industry? No you do not, you DON'T know how things work, you DON'T know if they had more time, you just love to moan and whine because you didn't get your dang Final Mix!

1. Firstly I'd like to say "Why does everyone blame everything on Nomura"? He's NOT IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING. He does the main story and character designs... but not much out of that. Writing for the Disney worlds in KH2? Done by other writers. Xion? Done by other writers. Game models, design, bosses, etc. NOT BY NOMURA. You guys give Nomura WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit. Kingdom Hearts is not developed by one man. So STOP BLAMING EVERYTHING ON HIM.

2. How do you know they didn't use time wisely? Do you KNOW how long it takes to re-do lip-synching? I actually DO 3D animation and I'll tell you it's a major pain in the butt to do animation and lip-synching is the WORST. It's VERY time consuming. Don't underestimate the time it takes to lip-synch. Also note that they STILL DID ADD NEW FEATURES TO THE AMERICAN/PAL VERSION. We got a brand new boss (which again, takes longer than you think), cutscenes were edited (which, again, takes longer than you think), they had to modify some of the difficulty in bosses, add new skills in the Mirage Arena for players, add a new difficulty mode, etc. There is a LOT being done in game design. Saying "they had time and were lazy" is, in the words of Christopher Lee, "IGNORANCE!"

3. (not in the post I'm quoting but there was a pretty stupid point you made)"The game was FINISHED by the time of E3." That is a "COMPLETION DATE", not a "SHIPPING DATE." There's a BIG difference. Do you honestly think that the KH team is in charge of the marketing that goes on? Nope. That only deadline they have is when the game needs to be completed. If the companies tell the KH team that they need to be done by a certain date, they need to get it done in a certain date. It doesn't matter if it won't hit stores until 2 or 3 months later, if a company tells you do get something done in x amount of days, it gets done. They had NO time, they HAD TO MEET THEIR DEADLINE. Again, all the stuff that goes into making a game is VERY time consuming and to say that they "had time" when you have NO experience in game design is completely stupid.

...aside from that big rant, I'm excited for this new boss.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Blimey, don't talk about crap you don't understand. Do you work in the video game industry? No you do not, you DON'T know how things work, you DON'T know if they had more time, you just love to moan and whine because you didn't get your dang Final Mix!

1. Firstly I'd like to say "Why does everyone blame everything on Nomura"? He's NOT IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING. He does the main story and character designs... but not much out of that. Writing for the Disney worlds in KH2? Done by other writers. Xion? Done by other writers. Game models, design, bosses, etc. NOT BY NOMURA. You guys give Nomura WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit. Kingdom Hearts is not developed by one man. So STOP BLAMING EVERYTHING ON HIM.
2. How do you know they didn't use time wisely? Do you KNOW how long it takes to re-do lip-synching? I actually DO 3D animation and I'll tell you it's a major pain in the butt to do animation and lip-synching is the WORST. It's VERY time consuming. Don't underestimate the time it takes to lip-synch. Also note that they STILL DID ADD NEW FEATURES TO THE AMERICAN/PAL VERSION. We got a brand new boss (which again, takes longer than you think), cutscenes were edited (which, again, takes longer than you think), they had to modify some of the difficulty in bosses, add new skills in the Mirage Arena for players, add a new difficulty mode, etc. There is a LOT being done in game design. Saying "they had time and were lazy" is, in the words of Christopher Lee, "IGNORANCE!"
3. (not in the post I'm quoting but there was a pretty stupid point you made)"The game was FINISHED by the time of E3." That is a "COMPLETION DATE", not a "SHIPPING DATE." There's a BIG difference. Do you honestly think that the KH team is in charge of the marketing that goes on? Nope. That only deadline they have is when the game needs to be completed. If the companies tell the KH team that they need to be done by a certain date, they need to get it done in a certain date. It doesn't matter if it won't hit stores until 2 or 3 months later, if a company tells you do get something done in x amount of days, it gets done. They had NO time, they HAD TO MEET THEIR DEADLINE. Again, all the stuff that goes into making a game is VERY time consuming and to say that they "had time" when you have NO experience in game design is completely stupid.

testify !

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

gleeartiepreach.gif

siegleeagle

I love you!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Mukuro2Rounds

Why fanboys? Why?

Because the game was finished earlier. The part of "time" comes in with the fact that they could've released it earlier, as with Dissidia, even with production, and distribution it wouldn't take that long. FM isn't an entire new game. I also said The Osaka Team. which is renown for how long they take on their work. (Why I mentioned Dissidia) Dissidia took abut 8 months of localization. I'm a fan dubber/director at Newgrounds just making flash, and lip syncing the others users voices is hard, but not something to twiddle with for 7 months for BbS. NA extras were finished early June, and "testing" of MF going by interviews of Late June/Early July. Your acting like SE couldn't do anything at all to even try. Did you read my post on how Troy Baker (Snow FFXIII) said how SE dubs with regards to Jack Fletcher - The dub director of FFXIII?

Voice Acting - 1 month
Lip Syncing - 1/2 month (If done separately)
Extras - 2 months (With testing)

Adding those together leads to an end of April, where we were show trailer/full game at E3.

It doesn't take as long of a localization vs. entire new game.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Why fanboys? Why?

Because the game was finished earlier. The part of "time" comes in with the fact that they could've released it earlier, as with Dissidia, even with production, and distribution it wouldn't take that long. FM isn't an entire new game. I also said The Osaka Team. which is renown for how long they take on their work. (Why I mentioned Dissidia) Dissidia took abut 8 months of localization. I'm a fan dubber/director at Newgrounds just making flash, and lip syncing the others users voices is hard, but not something to twiddle with for 7 months for BbS. NA extras were finished early June, and "testing" of MF going by interviews of Late June/Early July. Your acting like SE couldn't do anything at all to even try. Did you read my post on how Troy Baker (Snow FFXIII) said how SE dubs with regards to Jack Fletcher - The dub director of FFXIII?

Voice Acting - 1 month
Lip Syncing - 1/2 month (If done separately)
Extras - 2 months (With testing)

Adding those together leads to an end of April, where we were show trailer/full game at E3.

It doesn't take as long of a localization vs. entire new game.
I didn't realize you were on the BBS development staff. My mistake.

UltimaJackpot

I also said The Osaka Team. which is renown for how long they take on their work. (Why I mentioned Dissidia)
Uh... I think you have your wires crossed. Dissidia was developed by a completely different development team headed by Kitase, IIRC. Prior to working on BBS, the most recent games the Osaka team worked on was Re:CoM, and Musashi: Samurai Legend (Which was way back in '05, back when they were more commonly known as Product Development Division 5)

Still doesn't change you're point on Dissidia's localization taking absurdly long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back