• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Now I get it.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I agree it's getting a little complicated but it's not bad yet. One reason i'm glad that KH3 is the end of the Xehanort saga is because it will end some of the complexity to the story I believe.

Agreed, since Xehanort is at least half of the complex storyline, if not more. We can only hope the next villain doesn't have any clones to start the process all over again.

Yea I do..... loool fail much?
Btw go tell majin-boo to eat you....

I couldn't understand you either. You need periods in your post. :/

To start of my comment.... I never liked Dragon Ball or any of its incarnations when I was little and I absolutely hate it now. That however does not mean it is a bad anime, I believe it is a very good anime for most people but I just dont like it. Now with Kingdom Hearts, I don't mind plots that are like the ones after Kingdom Hearts 1. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite series in the world only tied with .hack. I agree that the plot is unnecessarily complicated and I would have liked a simpler one but even with all of the retconning and stuff I still really enjoy the story to the series. If something is retconned I just get over it and go with what the most current explanation from nomura is. Besides I never really have noticed any of the retcons and inconsistencies until I started coming to this forum. I don't like to pick apart every little detail until my brain pops.

I think that's a good way to look at it. xD Some of us like to look into the story too deeply, and maybe that's part of what ruins the game for people (though, despite the obvious horrible retcons, I still love the series so very much).

State

Awards
KH is becoming a FFVII; they're expanding the universe the wrong way.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Aw, FFVII isn't TOO bad. xD Though I really only like the original, Crisis Core, and AC.
Mom likes it, at least, but only because she likes to hear Steve Burton's voice...

siegleeagle

think that's a good way to look at it. xD Some of us like to look into the story too deeply, and maybe that's part of what ruins the game for people (though, despite the obvious horrible retcons, I still love the series so very much).

Thanks, I have seen to many threads that express viewpoints from other people spiral into a fight and get closed because people can't realize that their views are opinions and other people can think differently. I am very happy with this thread because so far that hasn't really happened :) I like to think of me as a neutral person in the regards of is KH milking/getting worse, though I lean more on the side of wanting the series to keep on going for a while.

Awards
It all makes sense.
Picture3.png

Eraqus=Krillin

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Try to go onto game forums like GAF and read the general consensus on KH by people who are NOT fans.
"It's too complicated; you will never understand the story"
"there's this guy who wants to rule the worlds but he ends up not being himself and he inserts himself into some kid named Riku but you find out in the second game that he's not really him anyway, this other guy is, he was just the apprentice to the real guy, who's incognito and secretly hating/helping you to find the nobody of this guy that impersonated the real guy who's in charge of 13 other bad guys who don't really exist one of them actually being the main character's alter ego that was born when you submitted to darkness oh and by the way they had to rebuild the main character's memories after he went inside a spooky castle and got them screwed up by bad people."

And that's not even the half of it, especially after what BBS introduced.

The story went from a kid on a journey to...........Star Wars.

The pinnacle of the series was the concept stages of KH2. All these ideas and promises we had of a sequel that seemed to have it right, expanding the lore of the universe while adding some mystery, but not overcomplicating everything. KH2 would have been a perfect sequel if it wasn't for its horrid execution and the suffering that the game and its pacing took because of it.

Since then it's never been the same.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Try to go onto game forums like GAF and read the general consensus on KH by people who are NOT fans.
"It's too complicated; you will never understand the story"
"there's this guy who wants to rule the worlds but he ends up not being himself and he inserts himself into some kid named Riku but you find out in the second game that he's not really him anyway, this other guy is, he was just the apprentice to the real guy, who's incognito and secretly hating/helping you to find the nobody of this guy that impersonated the real guy who's in charge of 13 other bad guys who don't really exist one of them actually being the main character's alter ego that was born when you submitted to darkness oh and by the way they had to rebuild the main character's memories after he went inside a spooky castle and got them screwed up by bad people."

And that's not even the half of it, especially after what BBS introduced.

The story went from a kid on a journey to...........Star Wars.

The pinnacle of the series was the concept stages of KH2. All these ideas and promises we had of a sequel that seemed to have it right, expanding the lore of the universe while adding some mystery, but not overcomplicating everything. KH2 would have been a perfect sequel if it wasn't for its horrid execution and the suffering that the game and its pacing took because of it.

Since then it's never been the same.

Actually, you go on any forum where KH is mentioned in passing and they say "It's complicated." I was on a ST forum where Leonard Nimoy was mentioned and they were like "KH? I don't get it at all. It has Disney in it but there is so much happening. Went waaay over my head. And I'm a Trekkie."

And with Mark Hamill and all of the SW parallels in BBS, KH has become SW. It has also become the ST vs SW battle field embodied in MX and whoever Hamill is.

It all makes sense.
Picture3.png

Eraqus=Krillin

But Goku never killed Krillin. Grandpa Gohan = Master Eraqus
Aw, FFVII isn't TOO bad. xD Though I really only like the original, Crisis Core, and AC.
Mom likes it, at least, but only because she likes to hear Steve Burton's voice...

(I would love Steve Burton too if I loved staring at him every time he was on General Hospital...Mmmm...I wonder if he is still on there. I need to watch it...but last time I saw it there were a bunch of teens. I'm not interested in looking at people my age.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes, Goku never killed Krillin, Freiza did. And MX killed Eraqus.

No, not Terra, MX. Watch the scene closely, it's implied that MX finishes him off. And Nomura himself confirmed it.

But Terra might as well as aided in his death. And MX becomes a part of Terra so couldn't it be Goku=Terra, Oozaru=MX, and Grandpa Gohan=Eraqus?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Another "KH is ruined" thread started by WHAT A SURPRISE:Genocide.

Whatever i'll indulge.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
(I would love Steve Burton too if I loved staring at him every time he was on General Hospital...Mmmm...I wonder if he is still on there. I need to watch it...but last time I saw it there were a bunch of teens. I'm not interested in looking at people my age.)

Yep, he's still on there. xD Mom watches it everyday, just for him. At the moment (on the show), he's in prison serving a 5-year sentence, but it was set up by Sonny, whose son (Michael) is in prison for the same number of years because he killed someone while defending his mother and sister (I think), so Jason (Steve) is in prison to protect Michael.
....it should scare me that I paid enough attention to know that, huh?

Whatever i'll indulge.

After the interview with Nomura about KH continuing after KH3, there are few of us who haven't created "KH is ruined" threads. xD

'DeVour

Not even close. DBGT wasn't even the same. KH is still as good as it was in the beginning. You're just getting older and beginning to think the series is childish/cheesy. It's normal.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Not even close. DBGT wasn't even the same. KH is still as good as it was in the beginning. You're just getting older and beginning to think the series is childish/cheesy. It's normal.

wow, no.
there's literally a difference from what the game was then, and what it is now. We're all entitled to our opinions though, but right now in my opinion, you're blind, or just not really paying attention....

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Nooooo, you're wrong. I said nothing abuot the beginning being childish. Not only that, the series now isn't more mature. It's stupid.
That's what I was going for. So next time you reply, you might want to understand what's going on.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Personally, I like the complexity of the story. If Nomura could keep up with his own damn story, then I, personally, wouldn't have any real problems with it. But he can't, so...

There wouldn't be any of these threads if, you know, Nomura didn't fuck the KH series up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back