• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
OMG people.. how do u guys know if he have bushy eyebrows or not?? man.. people keeps getting dumber and dumber this days.. thinking waay too hard.. that's why any theories in the previous kh history hasn't got anything right..

Did vanitas's helmet melts?? i don't think so.. it's more to me that it broke then trying to come together again..

no one knows.. the game hasn't come out yet..

and when nomura said that vanitas's name is pretty close to ven's.. he just wanted it that way.. u guys are thinking too hard again..

Oh, I'm sorry, sir. Do us a service and tell us your wise predictions that will most definitely end up coming true.

Seriously? The initial function of this site is to act as a Kingdom Hearts forum, and the most popular forum is the Future of Kingdom Hearts forum, which serves as a place to theorise. A lot of those theories are wrong, but that's the whole point of it: to speculate and to guess. Getting everything right is an unachievable goal, so stop your "no theories are right because you over-think things". Because you know what over-thinking shows? Effort and enthusiasm.

Don't even start the whole "the game hasn't come out, so let's just wait" spiel. If that were how things were ran around here, this section wouldn't even exist.

Ranting aside, I do agree with the last part. He wouldn't blatantly say "Vanitas is Ventus" and give away one of the game's biggest mysteries, because I'm sure that Vanitas is going to be one of the major factors that influenced the future games' events (chronologically-speaking).

Britannica Encyclopaedia said:
A vanitas painting contains collections of objects symbolic of the inevitability of death and the transience and vanity of earthly achievements and pleasures; it exhorts the viewer to consider mortality and to repent...

Wikipedia on Vanitas said:
The word is Latin, meaning "emptiness" and loosely translated corresponds to the meaninglessness of earthly life and the transient nature of vanity. The Vulgate (Latin translation of the Bible) renders the verse as Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas. The verse is translated as Vanity of vanities; all is vanity by the King James Version of the Bible.

Your Dictionary said:
vani·tas (van′i täs′)
noun
vanity; futility

I wouldn't be surprised if Vanitas was Xehanort, created by Master Xehanort as a vain image of himself, in order to achieve his goal even if he failed the first time. To create an inevitability, so to speak. Make everyone's attempts at stopping him useless. What would that be? Attaining Kingdom Hearts and using it for absolute power, of course.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Maybe Eraqus has a connection to Vanitas
You know, at first this idea seemed a bit far-fetched, but then I came up with an idea: What if Vanitas looks like a younger version of Eraqus? As in, his looks would be based off of the memories MX had of Eraqus in LoD in the same way that Xion's base look was based off of Sora's memories of Kairi on DI.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Originally Posted by Sol
I wouldn't be surprised if Vanitas was Xehanort, created by Master Xehanort as a vain image of himself, in order to achieve his goal even if he failed the first time. To create an inevitability, so to speak. Make everyone's attempts at stopping him useless. What would that be? Attaining Kingdom Hearts and using it for absolute power, of course.

Huh, what you say does make perfect sense. Your research that you made furthered your thoughts as well. I believe you. Nice job!

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
final-fantasy-13-14-foe-tonelico10.jpg

blaaahh i can't believe it took me so long to realize that it's a close-up picture of Vanitas' helmet. and that eye is his right yes?

x___x

lmao me too ! thank you so much for zooming in on this picture. I see it now, the helmet... the "bushy" eyebrow... the "melted-ness" now I feel so much better. Well who ever he is, we have to think back to all the past KH storites, who's does he relate the most to? As we know, Normura said it's all about making the connection & his story is probably similar to someone else in the series.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh, I'm sorry, sir. Do us a service and tell us your wise predictions that will most definitely end up coming true.

Seriously? The initial function of this site is to act as a Kingdom Hearts forum, and the most popular forum is the Future of Kingdom Hearts forum, which serves as a place to theorise. A lot of those theories are wrong, but that's the whole point of it: to speculate and to guess. Getting everything right is an unachievable goal, so stop your "no theories are right because you over-think things". Because you know what over-thinking shows? Effort and enthusiasm.

Don't even start the whole "the game hasn't come out, so let's just wait" spiel. If that were how things were ran around here, this section wouldn't even exist.

Ranting aside, I do agree with the last part. He wouldn't blatantly say "Vanitas is Ventus" and give away one of the game's biggest mysteries, because I'm sure that Vanitas is going to be one of the major factors that influenced the future games' events (chronologically-speaking).

This makes so much sense, and I totally agree. If only other members made this much sense and put as much effort into their theory's and posts i'm sure we would thoeries with a higher probability and maybe even a wider variety. Your the example of what a forum member should be like.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
This is what I was thinking exactly.
It reminds me alot of Xemnas and Xion. Shows how similar Apprentice Xehanort and Master Xehanort act.

huanglulu

I doubt that Vanitas looks like Mickey. And, I also doubt that Vanitas is Xion. If Xion was Vanitas, it would be through some strange plot twist, which probably won't happen.

I agree with it is impossible that Vanitas is Xion.

1.Riku
I dont think Vanitas will look like Rku as Riku is only 4 the height and age difference is too much

2. Ventus
High possibility Vanitas might look like him as Nomura has already stated Ven and Vanitas has some connection.

3. Sora
Dont think Vanitas will look like Sora same reason as Riku

Last edited:

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Originally Posted by Sol

All in favor of Sol's theory. I certainly am. Who else agrees?

Coeurl

Demon Dance
yeah, plus what strawberry said.

but you know, thinking about that makes me wonder, why would MX say something like "Correct my mistake" to Terra? maybe Vanitas is failed experiment? :/

Last edited:

Vanitas.

That's a good theory. I, too have always believed that Vanitas was none other than Master Xehanort's "shadow" from the start of the KH2FM+ secret ending.

But a few questions hit me. Terra asked Ven,
"did you see a boy with a mask?" As we can see Master Xehanort is no way a boy. He's a fully grown man and Terra refered Vanitas as a 'boy', a young teenager. Possibly around the age of Ven himself. If he was also a replica of Master Xehanort, wouldn't he have the same exact keyblade as MX? Wouldn't he have the same height as MX? Vanitas is about a head shorter than Master Xehanort, and Terra. He's Ven's height (or Aqua's height...still too short). And we've also seen cutscenes of Vanitas without Master Xehanort. Could he be his own person? Perhaps, and that is what I'm leading towards on.
but you know, thinking about that makes me wonder, why would MX say something like "Correct my mistake" to Terra? maybe Vanitas is failed experiment? :/
Or Master Xehanort could have been manipulating Ven (if he was speaking to him), messing with his head, discussing about Terra...not Vanitas for Ven to not trust him anymore. The same how it went to TGS 2008 when Maleficent was explaining to Aqua and Ven that Terra succumbs to darkness and their reactions weren't so pleased saying it's a lie (Aqua) and looking by the image of Ven he didn't know what to think. It actually would work within the story.

Another thing is we aren't even sure if Master Xehanort was talking about Vanitas..

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
If he was also a replica of Master Xehanort, wouldn't he have the same exact keyblade as MX? Wouldn't he have the same height as MX? Vanitas is about a head shorter than Master Xehanort, and Terra. He's Ven's height (or Aqua's height...still too short). And we've also seen cutscenes of Vanitas without Master Xehanort. Could he be his own person? Perhaps, and that is what I'm leading towards on.
Not to mention, he would have the same battle stance...IMO, it looks like a combination of MX's and Ven's, MX in that he doesn't hold it in reverse grip (don't know how to say that better...like this), and Ven in that his arm's cocked back.

Vanitas.

Not to mention, he would have the same battle stance...IMO, it looks like a combination of MX's and Ven's, MX in that he doesn't hold it in reverse grip (don't know how to say that better...like this), and Ven in that his arm's cocked back.
It seems to me that he has Riku's battle stance though just his legs are more far apart than Riku's.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
here a bigger one..

I just don't fully understand this picture. I mean, it seems obvious that Van's mask is melting away or something to show his face, but then, you can also see the sides of his mask where his jawline should about be, and his eye is far too low and small. Unless of course I'm wrong, because I think it's Ven's reflection as the mask goes away for them to face each other. If I'm flawed there, then my bad reasoning is null.

Um, I'd just like to throw in my vote and sort-of bolstering of the idea that Vanitas looks like what Riku's Nobody would look like. Cause um, you know, it represents their rivalrly. Doesn't make too much sense considering that Terra should be more related to Riku, but hey, if Xion is a black-haired Sora, then Van can be a black-haired Riku.

Dcasd1

i don't think he is anyone of them since sora and riku are 4 years old and vanitas is about as tall as van. and it can't be van because he is seen fighting vanitas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back