• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Final Mix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
The only reason Nomura said that a Final Mix isn't in planning at the moment is because the English version wasn't released yet with the English voices.
That problem no longer applies.
I think that with such problematic scenes like Xion seeing Riku's half argument with Zexion without anyone bothering to clue us in about how she has [B]Riku's[/B] Memories to her or how we got to see nothing of the Riku-Xion interaction despite him being about the biggest influencing power on her in the game that they already have plenty of content to add without even glancing at the other Organization members, the whole Axel-Saix plot, etc.

Very true. I was left confused about the whole Riku Xion thing as well. I actually kind of hope they do it now...

TH3GADFLY

They scrapped the Pinochio world because of the lack of space on the DS card, I think they crammed as much stuff into it as they could.

By using a card with more space.

I don't think they will develop a DS card with more memory in time for a final mix to be relevantly released.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I would hate for there to be a Final Mix for this game. If anything, remake it similar to what they did for Re:CoM. With that, it would have a higher possibility for coming to the US. If they did that, then I would love it.

Rakushīnu

If Square decides to make a final mix version.
They should make the Axel vs. Xion cutscene in front of the old mansion playable.

ven-roxas21

This should definately be almost completely voiced and put up on the wii!!! the bottom screen wasn't that effective, just use the corners on a tv like they always do for the map

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
This should definately be almost completely voiced and put up on the wii!!! the bottom screen wasn't that effective, just use the corners on a tv like they always do for the map

I agree, it could be a good wii game if remade. but they won't remake it, Nomura said so himself. It will most likely be on the DS(i) when it comes out.

A

Audo

They scrapped the Pinochio world because of the lack of space on the DS card, I think they crammed as much stuff into it as they could.
That is not why they scrapped it.

I don't think they will develop a DS card with more memory in time for a final mix to be relevantly released.
The new Studio Ghibli game is using a card that is twice the size of the card Days used.

I would hate for there to be a Final Mix for this game. If anything, remake it similar to what they did for Re:CoM. With that, it would have a higher possibility for coming to the US. If they did that, then I would love it.
A remake would be far, far worse than a Final Mix.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
That is not why they scrapped it.

Care to share the explanation?

A remake would be far, far worse than a Final Mix.

It worked nicely for Chain of Memories. You know, a remake with a few small additions. RE added new boss fights, cutscenes, cards, and skills. 358 could do the exact same thing and still be successful, assuming they don't halfass it. They could probably even throw in a new world if they wanted so, since so many people seemed to be "dying" for the Maleficent crow scene mission.

A

Audo

Care to share the explanation?
It was just that they decided that since the game was set between KH1 and KH2, they didn't want to bring in any new worlds. So they got rid of what they had finished for the Pinocchio world.

It worked nicely for Chain of Memories. You know, a remake with a few small additions. RE added new boss fights, cutscenes, cards, and skills. 358 could do the exact same thing and still be successful, assuming they don't halfass it. They could probably even throw in a new world if they wanted so, since so many people seemed to be "dying" for the Maleficent crow scene mission.
A remake is the worst thing. Why even bother paying for the original? the only reason they remade CoM was because it was 2D. Days is already 3D. not to mention the amount of development time they would have to waste on a Remake of Days which could be used far better for things like the Mystery KH or KH3. A fullblown remake is rather pointless.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
It was just that they decided that since the game was set between KH1 and KH2, they didn't want to bring in any new worlds. So they got rid of what they had finished for the Pinocchio world.

Comfirmed, or "logical opinion/practically confirmed" in your words?

A remake is the worst thing. Why even bother paying for the original? the only reason they remade CoM was because it was 2D. Days is already 3D. not to mention the amount of development time they would have to waste on a Remake of Days which could be used far better for things like the Mystery KH or KH3. A fullblown remake is rather pointless.

(You must hate Pokemon)
Let me ask you; in your opinion, what's the difference between a remake and a Final Mix in terms of Kingdom Hearts?

I don't understand why people were expecting a Final Mix, as only the main KH games (1 and 2) have Final Mixes to promote an upcoming game. A remake is out best bet, and as Nomura stated, despite being a best bet, it's not likely. But please, focus on the question; I'm curious.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

It was confirmed in Ultimania.

Let me ask you; in your opinion, what's the difference between a remake and a Final Mix in terms of Kingdom Hearts?

Final Mixes don't take as much time as a full-on remake.

I don't understand why people were expecting a Final Mix, as only the main KH games (1 and 2) have Final Mixes to promote an upcoming game. A remake is out best bet, and as Nomura stated, despite being a best bet, it's not likely. But please, focus on the question; I'm curious.

A remake would not be our best bet. A Final Mix would, seeing as how they most likely would not want to waste time remaking it for the PS3/Sexbox 360/Wii. Plus, seeing as how apparently there are newer DS cards with twice as much memory, they could pack in much much more in a FM version rather than having to do a remake.

Last edited:
A

Audo

Confirmed in the Ultimania.

Are you kidding me? The difference is obvious. A remake is a complete overhaul of a game for a new system with new graphics and the like, while a Final Mix is simply an updated version of the original material.

A Final Mix takes A LOT less time to develop than a full remake would.

Uh. No, it isn't your best bet. Nomura practically confirmed it is your worst bet, while leaving the possibility of a Final Mix, open stating the only reason there hadn't been plans for one yet was because English VA work wasn't finished. Guess what - it's finish now.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
A remake would not be our best bet. A Final Mix would, seeing as how they most likely would not want to waste time remaking it for the PS3/Sexbox 360/Wii. Plus, seeing as how apparently there are newer DS cards with twice as much memory, they could pack in much much more in a FM version rather than having to do a remake.

358/2 Days getting a final mix by itself? Don't get me wrong, I love the game and would enjoy any form of re-release they would give this game, but it doesn't seem likely. If anything, the more hyped Birth by Sleep would get such extras. They don't seem to have enough to put into 358/2 to warrant a Final Mix, unless you're taking the path that every KH game deserves a Final Mix or a remake. KH1 happens before/during, CoM takes place during, KH2 is after, there just seems to be so little they could toss in story-wise that could all be acceptable with a few short cutscenes.

EDIT: As much as I see this not happening, I hope I'm wrong.

A

Audo

358/2 Days getting a final mix by itself? Don't get me wrong, I love the game and would enjoy any form of re-release they would give this game, but it doesn't seem likely. If anything, the more hyped Birth by Sleep would get such extras. They don't seem to have enough to put into 358/2 to warrant a Final Mix, unless you're taking the path that every KH game deserves a Final Mix or a remake. KH1 happens before/during, CoM takes place during, KH2 is after, there just seems to be so little they could toss in story-wise that could all be acceptable with a few short cutscenes..
Enough of the Birth By Sleep fapfest. Can it go one thread without being namedropped?

There's plenty that they could fit into a Final Mix if they so please. The fact that only 90 or so of the 358 Days are playable leaves a lot of room to expand on new missions. New challenges, new weapons, more PS2 level cutscenes, a secret ending, Mushroom Heartless, seriously, there isn't much of a limit of what they could do to justify a Days Final Mix. New story cutscenes, such as what Smile mentioned (more interaction with Xion and Riku considering he was such an influential part to her decisions, etc.)

There's more than enough room to expand upon, and i wouldn't be surprised if the new novels give even more.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
358/2 Days getting a final mix by itself? Don't get me wrong, I love the game and would enjoy any form of re-release they would give this game, but it doesn't seem likely. If anything, the more hyped Birth by Sleep would get such extras. They don't seem to have enough to put into 358/2 to warrant a Final Mix, unless you're taking the path that every KH game deserves a Final Mix or a remake. KH1 happens before/during, CoM takes place during, KH2 is after, there just seems to be so little they could toss in story-wise that could all be acceptable with a few short cutscenes.

1.) They could expand more on some of the Organization's origins
2.) Didn't like only Beast's Castle in this game actually connect to KH2 and the rest didn't? Perhaps make some of the worlds connect better.
3.) A Xion or Riku scenario in Story Mode
4.) Destiny Islands omfg Jill
5.) More Heartless/Nobody bosses, perhaps a few secret boss fights, and maybe a few more original songs
6.) Castle Oblivion being sort of like Cavern of Remembrence or whatever, being able to visit it and take on all the enemies Sora did in KH1 (Like Chernabog)
7.) More than 90 Days becoming playable
8.) Maleficent's birdcage scene =3

And a few other things, although there were quite a few things they could have expanded upon or done better.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
bitteraudo said:
Enough of the Birth By Sleep fapfest. Can it go one thread without being namedropped?

There's plenty that they could fit into a Final Mix if they so please. The fact that only 90 or so of the 358 Days are playable leaves a lot of room to expand on new missions. New challenges, new weapons, more PS2 level cutscenes, a secret ending, Mushroom Heartless, seriously, there isn't much of a limit of what they could do to justify a Days Final Mix. New story cutscenes, such as what Smile mentioned (more interaction with Xion and Riku considering he was such an influential part to her decisions, etc.)

There's more than enough room to expand upon, and i wouldn't be surprised if the new novels give even more.

Personally, I looked forward to Days more than BBS. Although it's clear by the fanbase which is (probably) going to be more liked and have more requests for a Final Mix of some sort.

Out of the list, the thing that makes the most sense involves the Xion and Riku connection. If anything, the only other thing I can see them adding to make it Final Mix worthy is more BBS connections, which is entirely possible.

Also if they do make a Final Mix, I'm fairly certain we can bet there will be another secret character in the roster, since most of us should have seen the Ventus gameplay vids by now.

1.) They could expand more on some of the Organization's origins
2.) Didn't like only Beast's Castle in this game actually connect to KH2 and the rest didn't? Perhaps make some of the worlds connect better.
3.) A Xion or Riku scenario in Story Mode
4.) Destiny Islands omfg Jill
5.) More Heartless/Nobody bosses, perhaps a few secret boss fights, and maybe a few more original songs
6.) Castle Oblivion being sort of like Cavern of Remembrence or whatever, being able to visit it and take on all the enemies Sora did in KH1 (Like Chernabog)
7.) More than 90 Days becoming playable
8.) Maleficent's birdcage scene =3

And a few other things, although there were quite a few things they could have expanded upon or done better.

1. With gameplay beginning on Day 7, not likely.
2. Unless they add a Pirates of the Carribean world, I doubt there will be much. Unless they try to somehow throw Kairi into this.
3. I hope you're not talking about Gameplay wise. Xion, maybe, although her Final Battle would be extremely weird. Riku takes place either in CO or lurking, there isn't much he has to battle.
4. -
5. Probably.
6. Lol.
7. Probably.
9. We would hope so, wouldn't we? That would require the addition of a Hallow Bastion world, which might be possible assuming this "double memory card" bit is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back