• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Days manga cover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbot

Also, I'm kind of sure that it's not the manga cover. More like a promotional poster. Look. It has a date on it.
8/22. It also has no "1" on it, denoting it as Volume 1.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Also, I'm kind of sure that it's not the manga cover. More like a promotional poster. Look. It has a date on it.
8/22. It also has no "1" on it, denoting it as Volume 1.

sometimes the release of a new manga would be in a magazine, but only the first chapter....

Alex999

tbh, the only part i like about the whole cove is Roxas. i don't even like Xion cuz you can hardly see her face at all. and i hate how Xigbar and Vexen are just randomly placed. i'm telling you, the artist for this cover had no clue what to do so he was just randomly placing stuff. the moogle (while awesome) even looks out of place.

EDIT: even though i love your explanation Abbot, i still hate the cover. they could have made it look better and pulled something like that off.

^ I second this, this artist does not give the characters the flair that nomura gives them.

they all look rlly plain, almost the same just different hair. and don't say its gotta be done faster blah blah cause its a manga. i understand the rest being like that but this is the COVER.

Abbot

sometimes the release of a new manga would be in a magazine, but only the first chapter....

Except, it's not really a new manga. It already has three other stories: Kingdom Hearts, CoM, and II.
So, it's not really a new manga at all. It's just a new story, or arc, if you will. I guess.

Allister Rose

French Lover
he could have put most of them hooded and show the most favorite ones unhooded..i dont think they needed to show all of org. XIII...but they drew it nicely....not a very good formation, but the general look is nice

Abbot

they all look rlly plain, almost the same just different hair.

Eeeh, I kind of disagree with this. While I do agree that they kind of lack something, and are kind of lame (possibly due to the artist's style. artists can change, too), they are certainly not the same. Look at each of their faces, and compare with the other faces. There are noticeable differences. Especially in their chin, nose, and eyes. They also have the details of each person, Saix's X scar, Axel's teardrop makeup. But I assume those are given, and should not be compared. And by hair, I assume you mean facial hair, and eyebrows, right?

The only ones who seem slightly similar are Demyx, Larxene, Marluxia, and Zexion. Although, slightly.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i think the artist really messed up on xigbar in the actual manga, if you guys ever get the chance to read it

Alex999

i know something perfect to compare this to. and you guys will see a big difference.

Abbot

Also, the moogle? I read that in 358/2 Days, all the moogles are in black cloaks. :p

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i think the artist really messed up on xigbar in the actual manga, if you guys ever get the chance to read it

do you mean character wise or how he looks?

i know something perfect to compare this to. and you guys will see a big difference.

the KH2: FM+ official wallpaper?

yeah its hot, the way its supposed to be.

Alex999

i love how i read minds.

that's my favorite official KH wallpaper. and its where i get some of my stocks for tags. thats how well the characters are drawn.

this is my favorite also. to me this has been the best piece of artwork in the whole kh series

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com

Abbot

this is an amazing depiction of them, they all look like they were drawn to match their personalities. this is the flair that it needs.

But, y'know, isn't that drawn by the person that designed each of them? Obviously, you can't expect the artist for the manga to draw exactly like the original did. The manga artist just used his own style, while still trying to keep elements of the original style. You really can't compare the two. :/

But either way, I have to admit I love that wallpaper. :p

(also, I think I finally realized why the CoM villains, or the old villains, are always to the right. It's that whole reading from right-to-left thing. Left is the future, and right is the past.)

EDIT:
...Looking at that wallpaper always confused me, cause I wondered why Donald and Goofy were placed like they were, and why they weren't by Sora in the middle... Until I saw the faces on the cards CoM Sora was holding. Stupid me. xD (Although, I still wonder why Goofy isn't in front of Roxas, beside Donald.)

Allister Rose

French Lover
EDIT:
...Looking at that wallpaper always confused me, cause I wondered why Donald and Goofy were placed like they were, and why they weren't by Sora in the middle... Until I saw the faces on the cards CoM Sora was holding. Stupid me. xD (Although, I still wonder why Goofy isn't in front of Roxas, beside Donald.)

to make it easier....top-right side is re:COM and top left side and bottom is kh2 FM

EDIT: right side is re:COM, left side is kh2 FM....you notice the bottom shows one half in CO, and the other in nobody castle

Abbot

to make it easier....top-right side and bottom-right side is re:COM and the left side is kh2 FM

Fixed. And what I mean about the Goofy/Donald thing is, KH2 Donald is close in placement to KH2 Sora, but KH2 Goofy is behind Roxas, when he could easily be, and should be, behind/infront of Donald, therefore being beside Sora. It wouldn't really change anything. They could still Roxas just as normally. And in fact, Donald's IN FRONT of KH2 Sora. It makes Goofy seem so much less important

EDIT:
Err, guess you already saw that. And yeah, I noticed the CO/Nobody Castle thing.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Only thing I dislike about it is the huge-ass Saix with the totally boring face, although it kinda looks like hes looking down on those 5 members next to him, which makes sense because they were traitors, except Luxord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back