• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Meaning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonXjon

If people haven't already figured this out, what does it mean? I think it means when someone turns into a heartless. The birth is the birth of the heartless and the sleep is the heart being plunged into the darkness.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Many think that Birth by Sleep is a direct reference to the birth of an Unbirth.

State

Awards
If people haven't already figured this out, what does it mean? I think it means when someone turns into a heartless. The birth is the birth of the heartless and the sleep is the heart being plunged into the darkness.
I don't think that's what it means. It pretty much means that when Xemnas sleeps, he will give birth to the way to the Room of Awakening.

Pratiko

Awards
I don't think that's what it means. It pretty much means that when Xemnas sleeps, he will give birth to the way to the Room of Awakening.

Uh. In Birth by Sleep, Xemnas is like nothing. And he's born one year after the game.

Btw, my Guess:

Ending of Birth by Sleep is the actual sleep... so, someone goes to sleep and something is born. Born =/= Unbirth, so Unbirths disappear.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

The game's not going to be named after something that takes place ten years later. <_<
Whatever Birth By Sleep means, it will have to do with the game that is named after it. =/

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I had once thought that "sleep" was referring to death, and in that sense, death will give rise to a new form of life (perhaps in the form of the unbirth) but who knows.

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful

birth by sleep is reffering to the creation of unbirths I suppose.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I think Birth By Sleep means that the birth of Sora's story happens through Ven's internal slumber inside Sora's heart. But that's just me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My speculation is that Birth By Sleep means Keyblade wielders are created through the process of sleeping. You know how Xemnas goes to the Room of Sleep to reach the "Awakening" and Sora and Roxas both (while sleeping the first time) reached the Station of Awakening which allowed the both of them to wield the Keyblade. Then the second time was when Roxas was testing Sora over why the Keyblade chose him.

codycameron09

I bet you it means the Birth of Ansem / Xehanort. Terra will lose his memories at the end and go into deep sleep. When he is found by Ansem the Wise, he takes the name of his fallen master, Xehanort, giving Birth to the evil that is to come.

Novastar56

My speculation is that Birth By Sleep means Keyblade wielders are created through the process of sleeping. You know how Xemnas goes to the Room of Sleep to reach the "Awakening" and Sora and Roxas both (while sleeping the first time) reached the Station of Awakening which allowed the both of them to wield the Keyblade. Then the second time was when Roxas was testing Sora over why the Keyblade chose him.

I was thinking along the lines of that. Either that or it might mean something is sacrificied to make something else.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I always thought of it along the lines of death but I guess the best guess IMO would be that when one "sleeps" another being could be "born." Whether or not the sleep parts means literally that or death, something or somebody else is born. Just a guess.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
I had once thought that "sleep" was referring to death, and in that sense, death will give rise to a new form of life (perhaps in the form of the unbirth) but who knows.

Death in KH? Will couldn't even threaten his own life properly. I don't think it'll involve that, I'm not sure it'll literally mean birth via sleep, some deeper meaning behind it. We'll find out soon

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I bet you it means the Birth of Ansem / Xehanort. Terra will lose his memories at the end and go into deep sleep. When he is found by Ansem the Wise, he takes the name of his fallen master, Xehanort, giving Birth to the evil that is to come.

Er...MX isn't his master...MTAV is Terra's master...and that doesn't explain the sudden hair color/eye color change. Sounds too much like Sora when he sleeps to get his memories back. And it wasn't evil that spawned from Xehanort, the Apprentice. He was just very inquisitive and ambitious. His action led to ruin, but the person wasn't evil to begin with.

At least that is how he was seen through what information we have about him.

C

Crossroads

Or maybe if you took the opposite of it, Unbirth by Awakening. You could find something there.

Idk I'm babbling.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
well i think it means to be born again under another existance, for example: master xehanort was reborn in terras body

I wouldn't consider MX being in Terra's body a rebirth. More like a fusion.

That would have to make it that Roxas was reborn when Xion was absorbed and when Riku first had Xehanort's Heartless in him that would also mean rebirth.

It would be the birth of a new person completely if MX and Terra (which it most like is) are combined but it still doesn't explain the sleep part.

Or maybe if you took the opposite of it, Unbirth by Awakening. You could find something there.

Idk I'm babbling.

I liked where that was going! (if only there was more info to go on)

kewldjc

So this is my first post (can't really believe I am doing this) but I do believe in contributing to the sharing of ideas so we can solve the worlds problems or at least our obsessions with certain games that we need not mention. So too the beef (can't wait for the replies)

So originally I spent about a week and a half thinking that this was the game where you would play as Roxas I know but I had only heard the names I didn't have time to read the game bios. Being that he was our first introduction to birth by sleep I.E. His life was created or shown to us while Sora which made since (at least to me.)

OF course now I know so much more of the series and realized that BSB was about VAT but I still have this gut feeling that we might see a similar connect to Ven and his existence we already know that he is fragile due to his asking to be erased.

So that is my more logical theory which most likely has already been presented but hey it is the first time out of my noggin.

Now here is my off-the-wall theory but go with on this one (I mean a gamer can dream right) So anyway I feel that there might be a connection to The Dark Solider (sorry if this is not the correct name guys I am still new) and Ven, Maybe simular to the connection between Sora/Roxas/Riku. I don't think I need to go over all the small details but I figured I could just point out the over all connection. Which plagues me with a few questions.

1. What does Ven hope to accomplish by being erased? I am thinking which when he is erased he might save his friends from pain. I think he also might be avoiding pain himself that he knows he might cause his friends.

2. The Sora-Ven connection is Strong...for obvious reasons but the question are Strong hearts passed on to stronger individuals and thus a piece of Ven's heart was embodied in Soras Thus helping give Roxas a heart. So how does this happen Is it done when a heart is Released and becomes a heartless does part of the heart/soul latch on to another heart that is close (because they were on a beach it could have easily been close to 2 kids playing with swords we know. (ha ha)

3. The tri-connection (didn't want to call it trinity because of KH1 and the trinity symbols) but the connection between VAT and SRK I feel like could be boiled down to almost a formula of one almost has to become tainted (Riku/Terra) One has bridge the gap between the keybladers and for some reason a third reason escapes me.

Anyway that is my contribution I hope is makes since :lol: and I hope I can get a critique/response don't be too harsh ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back