• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disappointed with Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

A. Rex

Might as well get all the negatives in one place.

So we al know Days turned out to be pretty good, but what about it let you down?

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
I would say... enemies with too much HP (really really too much, seriously...) and a few pointless missions that I felt interrupted the flow of the game. Particularly emblem collection, I didn't really see the point...

Awards
I wasn't really disappointed because I didn't expect it to be that amazing in the first place. It's a side game. With a very side game-ish story. Like CoM.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I wasn't really disappointed because I didn't expect it to be that amazing in the first place. It's a side game. With a very side game-ish story. Like CoM.

at least we didn't know what would happen in CoM.

Days is the like the Kingdom Hearts version of Crisis Core

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I haven't seen and played it all yet, but I was kind of disappointed in Xion just being a replica.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I haven't seen and played it all yet, but I was kind of disappointed in Xion just being a replica.

I thought that was one of the better parts. Replicas (Repliku) seemed kind of thrown-in and out of place. Having another one sort of tied everything together nicely.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
It's not that I don't mind her being one now or think it doesn't make sense. I was just one of those pulling for more involvment as in Aqua relations and was a bit disheartened learning the truth.

Awards
It's not that I don't mind her being one now or think it doesn't make sense. I was just one of those pulling for more involvment as in Aqua relations and was a bit disheartened learning the truth.

xionhair2.jpg
aquahair.jpg

I mean really.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Her hair is blacker than that

I didn't like the weird growth that Marluxia had on his arm when you held the gilde button, but no direction, so you were floating

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Her hair is blacker than that, of course. But in the end, Kairi looks like Aqua. And since Naminé and Xion resemble her as well, even though one is not really a Kairi, the connection is made. I honestly never believed the theory. With the fact that Xion is practically nowhere in the sequel, they wouldn't add such importance when we already had hints of TAV by Xigbar. Roxas and Xemnas exist throughout to make up for Ven and Terra. Then the age difference. Too many stuff.

- As for disappointment, just a bit. Mostly to do with the Organization members, and the fact that they didn't evolve all that much still, and all the game was wasted on Xion, who will probably never appear again, and eating ice cream. Right now, I would prefer for Nomura not to create a bunch of characters if he can't keep up with it. They might as well be fodder and background decoration. And no, Secret Reports doesn't make up for it or justify the lack of depth. I find it really sad, truthfully. And then to ad salt to the wounds, it doesn't help that the rest is all about Axel and Xion.
- Coming from that, I wonder how many times Axel's face is going to be shoved down and whored? Seriously.
- After the last trailer, you kind of expect some male switch to happen, which was a type of give away. And then there were the theories of memories, so for me it wasn't hard to connect. And the surprise didn't harbor for long. Actually, the whole thing was made much more complicated than it needed to be in Days, when the explanation in KH2 was perfectly fine with or without it, minus one or two things that could have been easily shrugged off. It doesn't break or dent it. Not to mention that Xion was kind of bland to me until she started wangsting. And that in itself is "meh". Death does not equal sudden favoritism either. I can feel sympathetic, sure. But a character has to catch me from the first go, or no dice. I found Riku Replica's death more cursed than anyone, in the end. And I don't really like him.
- Then, there's the whole "everyone forgetting". Which I saw a long ways coming, because it's the only way to cover that kind of mess.

And overall, I'm just buying it for the multi-player ^o^.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
At least it's almost fact that Xehanort = Terra.

Somehow.

All we need is final confirmation when the game comes out.

A. Rex

Grace; Not really. Anyway, even if you discount the hair color, the hair has a few noticable differences, and Nomura himself said that her hair was inteneded to look like Kairi's, and was changed later on.

I stick to the opinion that those who thought she would have a conection with Aqua were delusional, especially seeing as, you know, BbS comes out AFTER days, and they wouln't give a filler character a connection to someone who hasn't even been formerly introduced in the series.

Awards
Grace; Not really. Anyway, even if you discount the hair color, the hair has a few noticable differences, and Nomura himself said that her hair was inteneded to look like Kairi's, and was changed later on.

I stick to the opinion that those who thought she would have a conection with Aqua were delusional, especially seeing as, you know, BbS comes out AFTER days, and they wouln't give a filler character a connection to someone who hasn't even been formerly introduced in the series.

Xehanort's hair has a few noticeable differences compared to Terra. Yet, oh look.

It was far from delusional.
Even though the game comes out before Days, Nomura had said how much of a connection the two hold. Just because the game itself was filler did not mean Xion had to be, even though it turned out she was.

A. Rex

You're right, delusional wasn't the right word, but I was rushing.

Anyway, the difference is that there is other evidence besides hair to connect Terra and Xehanort, not so with Xion. What did you expect? As Xion dies, she says "oh, by the way, I'm a replica of this guy Xemnas used to know before he lost his memory and turned evil". I mean really, not only has Aqua not been intoduced in the series yet, but Square is probably trying to keep it some sort of secret that Terra turns into Xehanort. Giving it away before Sleep comes out would be stupid. On the other hand, making Xion a replica and unbirths also replicas makes perfect sense. The Unbirth's origins would make sense as in a standalone, and longtime players could look at it and say, "oh, those Unbirth are like the replicas from previous games.

So in conclusion, if Aqua has any connection with Xion in the end, it's probably that she too is an Unbirth. Or related to Kairi. Take your pick.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1. To hell with all the excessive originals, what disappointed me the most was the mistreatment of the Disney characters. No Peter Pan, no Alice, no Gaston, no Pinocchio world, no fights with Hook, Queen of Hearts or Hades. The characters that do appear are reduced even more to unimportant filler than before. There also seems to be this weird theme with supporting cast of the represented films getting more screen time than the actual main characters.

The excuse given is that the org is apparently suppose to be secretive during this time & thus couldn't interact with the locals. But between the lack of secrecy they had in KH2, the characters Roxas still did interacted with anyway & the ever common amnesia plot devices in the series, it just didn't seem like sound enough reasoning for disregarding the core premise of the whole franchise. Besides Neverland wasn't even in KH2, what was there to lose in Roxas encountering Hook & Pan?

2. Too many heartless palette swaps. Particularly lame when it comes to bosses. I mean really, the superboss is a wyvern recolor? That's the best they could up with? In fact there were too many heartless bosses period, after a while I really wanted to fight something that wasn't yet another random heartless.

3. No online, single card download or even bots in Mission mode, making it a heck of a lot harder to enjoy than it should've been. For that matter, there's no online in Dissidia or DQ9 either. Yet a Crystal Chronicles on DS does have online multiplayer, how does any of that possibly add up?!

4. They still manage to not have the actual Neverland island itself again.

5. No you-know-who going into his you-know-what mode as the final boss. OK, so it's kinda weird to deplete a boss' HP just to see him be the victor in the following cutscene but it would keeping in semi-tradition & the actual final boss is a let down after the penultimate boss.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
at least we didn't know what would happen in CoM.

Days is the like the Kingdom Hearts version of Crisis Core

actually...i believe BBS is more of that....I don't see how days could possibly be the same concept of Crisis core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back