• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[spoilers] Coded Episode One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Re: [SPOILERS CODED] Coded Episode One

But why would Diz want to help Roxas? He would'nt. Namine could be the voice but it seems to simple. That's not like Nomura at all. He makes things more complex. Look at the whole Ansem/Xehanort thing.
lol. Who are you to say what is or isn't like Nomura?
The man doesn't live completely on complexity. Some mysteries in KH had rather simple answers.

And the fact that DiZ gave Roxas the fake Keyblade earlier on in the game means nothing to you? Obviously DiZ wants Roxas to have the Keyblade, especially if it helps him ward of people like the Organization. DiZ's sole goal, like Nami, is to get Roxas to fuse back with Sora. If helping him in his awakening is how they have to accomplish that goal, then that is what they will do.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

You expect her to just float there, say it, and then disappear?
Or just have her voice there, and not just silence as you read the words.
Besides, Namine (or any character for that matter) saying something mysterious and then vanishing isn't exactly unheard of.

Roxas' awakening is obvious a reference to the awakening in the game immediately before it--Sora's.
It just seems as if it would be the same person talking, is all. :/

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

I gotta agree with Audo on this one. I think it's very likely that Mickey was the voice all along. You ask how he could speak to Sora or Riku when he didn't know them? Well, how did he know that Donald and Goofy would find the "key" in Traverse Town, with Leon? That's a little odd too. He's Mickey Mouse, he requires no explanation! :)

And it's also likely that Namine spoke to Roxas since Namine was the one who appeared to save him. Not everything needs to be complex or confusing in a story.

Yeah, I just saw Coded and went to that, since I have no problems spoiling myself on this, since I won't get to play it. I didn't look at the others.

It shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah, same here. I have no problem spoiling myself for Coded, but I'm avoiding Days and BBS like the plague. So I'll just click if it says "Coded" in the title.

It's nice to be spoiling myself over something for once!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

lol. Who are you to say what is or isn't like Nomura?
The man doesn't live completely on complexity. Some mysteries in KH had rather simple answers.

And the fact that DiZ gave Roxas the fake Keyblade earlier on in the game means nothing to you? Obviously DiZ wants Roxas to have the Keyblade, especially if it helps him ward of people like the Organization. DiZ's sole goal, like Nami, is to get Roxas to fuse back with Sora. If helping him in his awakening is how they have to accomplish that goal, then that is what they will do.

Hardly. DIZ seemed to treat Namine like a slave or did you forget he had a hatred for nobodies?

I think DIZ wanted Sora awake at all cost. Namine seemed to want Sora to awaken without Roxas having to return to Sora. She probably only decided it best for Roxas to return to Sora when it was the only option left.

Why could'nt it have been the keyblade itself talking to Roxas and Sora?

A

Audo

Hardly. DIZ seemed to treat Namine like a slave or did you forget he had a hatred for nobodies?
And what does that have to do with anything?

I think DIZ wanted Sora awake at all cost. Namine seemed to want Sora to awaken without Roxas having to return to Sora. She probably only decided it best for Roxas to return to Sora when it was the only option left.
lol, no. Nami knew quite well that Roxas needed to return to Sora in order for Sora to wake up and for Sora's memories to be fixed. Truth of the matter is, Nami never cared about Roxas, she just wanted Sora back.

Why could'nt it have been the keyblade itself talking to Roxas and Sora?
Since when did the Keyblade talk?

Mysterious Voice: Keyblade... Keyblade...
I kind of doubt the Keyblade would refer to itself in the third person.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

And what does that have to do with anything?

lol, no. Nami knew quite well that Roxas needed to return to Sora in order for Sora to wake up and for Sora's memories to be fixed. Truth of the matter is, Nami never cared about Roxas, she just wanted Sora back.

Since when did the Keyblade talk?

DIZ hates Namine too. So I would expect Namine to defy DIZ alot. They were'nt exactly best friends.

Oh yes, Namine hates Roxas. That's why she said, "We will meet again" She wanted to see Roxas again and I bet if she had her way she would rather have Roxas as his own person.

The Keyblade is still shrouded in mystery. It has been shown to have a mind of some extent, since it can choose it's master. The ability to choose requires intellegence. If the keyblade has the ability to choose then it would'nt be a stretch to say it can contact it's weilder somehow. The awakening may be how the keyblade communicates with it's weilder.

EDIT: It could have been telling Sora that it's a keyblade in a more simplistic form. I'm sure the keyblade does'nt know the difference between first and third person.

A

Audo

DIZ hates Namine too. So I would expect Namine to defy DIZ alot. They were'nt exactly best friends.
But it was their common goal that kept them working together, that's made rather clear.

Oh yes, Namine hates Roxas. That's why she said, "We will meet again" She wanted to see Roxas again and I bet if she had her way she would rather have Roxas as his own person.
She said those things so that Roxas would fuse with Sora. It came right after she told him that if he were to fuse he would become complete. How do you not connect the two? Nami didn't care about Roxas, she cared about Sora and fixing her mistake. Roxas was just a stepping stone to that.

The Keyblade is still shrouded in mystery. It has been shown to have a mind of some extent, since it can choose it's master. The ability to choose requires intellegence. If the keyblade has the ability to choose then it would'nt be a stretch to say it can contact it's weilder somehow. The awakening may be how the keyblade communicates with it's weilder.
And yet the Mysterious Voice has been heard in more places than just the awakening.

EDIT: It could have been telling Sora that it's a keyblade in a more simplistic form. I'm sure the keyblade does'nt know the difference between first and third person.
You expect the Keyblade to talk and yet not know the difference between first and third person?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

But it was their common goal that kept them working together, that's made rather clear.

She said those things so that Roxas would fuse with Sora. It came right after she told him that if he were to fuse he would become complete. How do you not connect the two? Nami didn't care about Roxas, she cared about Sora and fixing her mistake. Roxas was just a stepping stone to that.

And yet the Mysterious Voice has been heard in more places than just the awakening.

You expect the Keyblade to talk and yet not know the difference between first and third person?

So your're saying that no one truly cared about Roxas? I doubt this. If their was another way to awaken Sora surely Namine would have done so. I don't think she wanted Roxas to fuse with Sora, I think it was just the only way.

There can be more than one mysterious voice yet I am refering to the one in the awakening only.

I don't think the keyblade can talk like you or I. I think it can communicate to it's weilder through some other form of communication. The "voice" as we call it, is only a way to express what the keyblade is saying so the player can understand it.

I think the keyblade speaks to the inside of the weilder.

A

Audo

So your're saying that no one truly cared about Roxas? I doubt this. If their was another way to awaken Sora surely Namine would have done so. I don't think she wanted Roxas to fuse with Sora, I think it was just the only way.
Axel cared. More than Roxas ever needed.
She did want Roxas to fuse, because she wanted Sora back, that's all there is to it really.

There can be more than one mysterious voice yet I am refering to the one in the awakening only.
And yet, Sora claimed the one in his awakening and the one heard outside of it were the same.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Axel cared. More than Roxas ever needed.
She did want Roxas to fuse, because she wanted Sora back, that's all there is to it really.

And yet, Sora claimed the one in his awakening and the one heard outside of it were the same.

You make Namine out to be cruel. I don't see that in her.

Those two voices could have been the keyblade. It does'nt mean that later on all silent voices are the keyblade. Maybe only the voice on DI and both Sora and Roxas' awkenings was the keyblade.

A

Audo

You make Namine out to be cruel. I don't see that in her.
I don't think you understood her character.

Those two voices could have been the keyblade. It does'nt mean that later on all silent voices are the keyblade. Maybe only the voice on DI and both Sora and Roxas' awkenings was the keyblade.
And why only then?

Awards

This makes me think that the voice has been King Mickey from the start.
Shwing.
* We know that Terra chooses Riku to wield the KK. It is my belief that the KK/IKK were specially created with the sole purpose of sealing/opening KH. Terra chose Riku for the KK as an act of desperation, to keep the key safe if it were needed again. The IKK ends up in the Dark Realm, on the other side of KH, so it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to say that they were already used. I believe that, before the very end of BbS, one person uses the KK while another uses the IKK to seal KH out of MX's grasp. The person who uses the IKK (coughTAV'sMastercough) basically sacrifices themselves since they would be sealed in the Dark Realm). Now, having witnessed all of this, Mickey knew the two keys would be needed again when Xehanort's Heartless came on the scene. But Riku was not the right candidate, as Terra had thought, so Mickey chooses Sora instead (skipping all of the Keyblade training and going straight to his Dive to the Heart). In other words, I believe that Mickey is the voice speaking to Sora in his Dive, which you can read about in this quote of mine:

Sora: Huh?

Donald: What’s wrong?

Sora: Don’t you hear something? There!

Mysterious Voice: Careful. This is the last haven you’ll find here. Beyond,
there is no light to protect you. But don’t be afraid. Your heart is the
mightiest weapon of all. Remember, you are the one who will open the door to
the light.

Donald: I don’t hear anything.

Sora: Strange... That voice was so familiar. Maybe it’s just my imagination.

Because Sora addresses the voice, it's a plot element and not just a tutorial for gameplay.

Now, whether or not they'll delve into who or what the voice is, well, who knows. But if I had to take a guess, I would say it's Mickey. Why?

- Like the disembodied voice, Mickey can talk to someone remotely, as seen here: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts - Final Mix: The World of Darkness

- Like the voice in Sora's Dive to the Heart, Mickey can go into someone's heart, as seen here: YouTube - KH Re:CoM, English cutscene: 82 - Basement Three (Part 3)

- Mickey knows more than he lets on. He knew that the Inverse Kingdom Key was in the realm of dark, for instance, so he was almost certainly involved with the KK in the past. Also, he knew about Sora and Riku before they even met, as seen in the first link. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we found out Mickey was involved with the origins of the KK in BbS or if he told Sora about assigning him the KK in coded.

- Mickey's symbol is on the KK, the shield, etc. I realize this is somewhat of a moot point since Disney likes slapping their logo on everything, but it still stands.

The fact that Mickey has his own little dialect does not contradict this theory since we don't know what the voice sounds like and, as you can see in the first YouTube link, he can speak properly.
However, if it was still Mickey speaking in Roxas' Dive to the Heart, I'm not so sure. I could also see it being Ven, since he is most likely a part of Sora in some way, shape, or form.

I've been parading this idea around for the past couple years.

C

Crossroads

I'm liking this story. I'm surprised they put so much into a cell phone game.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

I'm in agreement with GA and Audo. Like I have been since the beginning of this thread. I'm sure BBS will answer some of our questions about the Keyblade.

PkmnTrainerJ

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

If Mickey is the ominous voice in the series, I suppose that makes sense. Coded seems to have a more interesting story than I anticipated, I just hope we get to eventually play it on either a decent phone make popular in the UK/US or have it ported to another console.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hey, I did that last night O___o it's weird to see my stuff pop up.

By the way, because of the demo version I’d thought it would be possible to save the game even mid-battle, but, it looks like it can’t be done in the end DX

these lines were meant to have a strikethrough in them, btw. for some reason that got lost when i copy/pasted it out of word and didn't notice until just now...

Radon

mofo

"I was here on that day too."

Hint hint nudge nudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back