• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Science and Religion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinwalker

Website
en.wikipedia.org
ah screw it. i'm an aethist and i'm proud. there is scientific proof of evolution and all that other great stuff. gods do not exist and they never will. kill it dead

No amount of evidence or lack thereof completely proves or disproves, be it a religious idea or a scientific theory.

Don't tell other people what to believe.

Just because there's a lot of evidence of science (and I'm not saying it's not true), doesn't mean there's no window for there to be some form of deity, be it God, gods, nature... etc.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
God's windows gets smaller and smaller each day. He's only in the holes science hasn't covered yet now.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
No they can't. The moment religion denies proof, all ties break.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You can't prove a negative. No, you can't disprove a god, but you can't disprove invisible pink unicorns, extraterrestial green cats or the Matrix. Doesn't mean we're going to believe in the first random thing that comes to mind.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
phoenix told me once that energy coudlnt be created but dont ppl say that the big bag created it?

The big bang created nothing.

think you're pretty smart, eh?
you didnt even think about what i said.
therefore it doesnt make sense to you.
so, you reply with something that you didnt even know what you were talking about yourself.
so i shall rephrase it for your lack of thoughtfullness

what i said wasnt the exact reference of what i read
what i read was suggesting that scientists can detect and figure out anything.
which they can not.
because they haven't figured out even how to cure a common cold.

but although i dont necissarily agree with your opinions,
i have the highest respect for them because they are very strong.

Don't be so stupid as to openly contradict yourself little girl, it makes you look ignorant for the entire world to see. Also, don't try to act smart. We can all see you failing.

many scientists disagree about evolution.

No one I know disagrees about gravity.

Gravity is not a physically evident thing, merely a mortalised form of a concept, given a name, and made simplistic so people can understand in general. Gravity is no more proven than evolution in that if we DID prove evolution, we'd have physical evidence.

he wasnt created he was always there and he created energy for us

Once again, the rampant self contradiction robs you of any consolidation.

science didnt create reproduction silly.
how would they?
its a natural thing God gave us.
and without science a lot of us wouldnt be here because of all the cure they have found for diseases
im not saying science is a piece of crap either.
i love science with all my heart.
i love God with all my heart.

God created sex? oh****son!
I thought that was the people having it. Apparently God is some perv who likes to watch people have sex. Man, nasteh.

and without science a lot of us wouldnt be here because of all the cure they have found for diseases

NO! GOD CREATED CURES D=
LYK SRSLI!!111shiftone

just not the stupid science

Natural law applies to all things.
You can't have both you greedy bastard.

people. are. dense.
there's lots of unexplained things out there
that no one will probably ever know.
just suck it mmkay?
kay.
this battle is over.

Neither life nor reality ends because it's not going your way. If things are so unexplained, why do you beleive in God? You don't even have any evidence to sway your faith.

ok then well when you get to meet got then you ask him if he created us^^ then you will see that you were wrong^^

Also, when YOU are wrong, you better feel like a real jackass. Wait no, you won't be able to. You'll be dead. =D

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Ooh, didn't see this:

many scientists disagree about evolution.

Incorrect. Many scientists disagree on how exactly does evolution happen, just like many scientists disagree on what exactly causes gravity. Both are accepted as facts in the scientific community, though.

Last edited:

Voltron

Silver Member
scientific evidence always agrees with the bible. and those who say evolution is science well your wrong evolution is a philosophy

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Newton's laws are all but forgotten. Einstein took over that area.

scientific evidence always agrees with the bible.

Noah's global flood has been disproved. Start there.

and those who say evolution is science well your wrong evolution is a philosophy

You really know this little? Find me a biologist that doesn't believe in evolution.

文偉立

newb programmer
scientific evidence always agrees with the bible.

What?

evolution is science well your wrong evolution is a philosophy

Philosophy and theory are interchangeable terms?

Newton's laws are all but forgotten. Einstein took over that area.

Netwon's laws are still applied in Physics Basics 101. Even if Einstein improved (a.k.a complicated) the theories, they're still the basics. I believe all *legitimate* physicists would agree.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
how has it been disproved?

1. It doesn't need to, ti's an unreasonable claim that has to be proved to be considered science.

2. But now that you mentioned it, rain water leaves residual minerals, and a global flood would leave an uniform layers of minerals around the world in the same geological layers. No such thing has been found.

3. If the flood was responsible for erosion that takes millions of years, then all mountains, canyons, etc would be the same if the flood was indeed global.

4. A global flood would raise Earth's temperature above boiling, and Earth's pressure to 10 atm, crushing us all.

5. Not all bacteria, plants and fungus can survive a world flood, and Moses didn't put them in the ark, so how did they survive?

6. Fresh water animals can't survive in sea water and salt water animals can't survive in fresh water, so how did the whales, fish and dolphins survive the mixing of waters?

7. There's not enough water in the world to cover all of the Earth.

EDIT: it means 文偉立 that science agrees with the bible

You wish.

Voltron

Silver Member
everything science has discoverd about the earth and stuff agrees with the bible saying god created everything

but tell me plz how many ribs the human body has

lots of the plants were destroyed in the flood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back