• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tangled World Name Revealed: Kingdom of Corona

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I think it's supposed to refer to the "crown of the sun"

Well, corona means crown = kingdom of the crown. Sure, it could be kingdom of the sun if you look to corona's secondary meaning, in astrology, but that seems a bit vague since it actually refers to the luminous plasma and not the sun itself. But I haven't actually seen Tangled. Is astronomy a big thing in it?

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Hoping they're dropping the "Kingdom of". And hopefully the other worlds have more creative-ish titles. I've been hoping that a Frozen world has the name "A Kingdom of Isolation", perhaps. Arendelle wouldn't fit since if they adapt the story, a lot of it takes place outside the walls of Arendelle.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
They should just go ahead and call the Frozen world Norway since that's what it is :tongue:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The location is obviously based on Norway. The fjords in particular.

51920.png

norway-fjords_2195377b.jpg

But of course also houses like these from Bergen:

9bhidw.jpg

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this is cool

looks like we'll get an in-depth look at the new world

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
Astrology is actually in the movie. The sun in particular and Rapunzle charts and memorizes stars and constalations etc. And there are also other astrological sub texts . So It fits in a way. I actually thought the kingdom was crona. not mentioned in the movie but in a interview with the director somewhere.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's so obvious that Frozen takes place in Norway. Just like Beauty and the Beast clearly takes place in France. You really can't miss it if you're familiar with the Norwegian fjords or towns like Bergen and Stavanger. Of course, they never call it Norway in the movie just like they never mention France in Beauty and the Beast either. But you know it is.

theboywonder

I really dig the name. "Kingdom of the Crown." Sounds awesome.

I wonder how they'll title the Frozen world. Arendelle Fields?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
It's so obvious that Frozen takes place in Norway. Just like Beauty and the Beast clearly takes place in France. You really can't miss it if you're familiar with the Norwegian fjords or towns like Bergen and Stavanger. Of course, they never call it Norway in the movie just like they never mention France in Beauty and the Beast either. But you know it is.

Well, in the song "Be our guest," the say the lyrics "after all, miss, zis is France!" So they actually confirm that, but you still have a point there.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Well, in the song "Be our guest," the say the lyrics "after all, miss, zis is France!" So they actually confirm that, but you still have a point there.

Oh yeah, forgot about that line. But you can make this argument for many other classic Disney movies. The Little Mermaid most likely takes place in Denmark, while Sleeping Beauty seems to be taking place somewhere around Czech Republic based on the architecture in the movie. It's not that surprising though, since most of these movies are based on European folklore and fairytales.

Rapunzel takes place in Germany, btw.

AirbagVII

Awards
Kingdom of Corona!? More like Kingdom of "Cojones" to me... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sexual Jokes aside, I don't remember seeing that name before in the movie or anything of that kind (perhaps it was mentioned there and I just can't remember).
The only place I did read about that name, was on the Disney Wiki.
Now, the question is: will they really call the World "Kingdom of Corona" or just "Corona"?

Ziegentraumer

AMEN! :biggrin: They have to. It's an iconic Disney scene. But-MY GOSH I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING!!! BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE UNREAL ENGINE, THE LIGHTING IS CRAZY BEAUTIFUL!!! WE ALL SAW IT IN THE TRAILER THIS YEAR!! HOLY CRAP! THE LANTERN SCENE!!! OH MY GOSH THEY'RE DEFINITELY GONNA HAVE THE SCENE FOR AT LEAST SHOWING OFF THE GRAPHICS!!!!! HOLY COW!! IT WAS GORGEOUS IN THE MOVIE, BUT IT'S GONNA BE CRAZY BEAUTIFUL IN KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!!!!!!! OOOOHHHHHH MY GOOOOOSSSHHHH NOW I'M EVEN MORE EXCITED!!!!!!!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Will somebody PLEASE record the panel at D23!! ESPECIALLY if the voice actor/s are there!

That's easier said than done, but we'll see if we can do anything about it. No promises for footage but live updates via social media is guaranteed.

Keep in mind though that KH3 will be sharing the one-hour panel time with Disney Infinity 3.0 and Star Wars Battlefront. One hour is not a lot of time to talk about one game, let alone three. Cross your fingers that DI and SW won't eat up KH's time.

Ziegentraumer

Definitely Kingdom of Corona. It sounds more Kingdom Hearts-like that way. :)

Okay than! Thank you so much for replying back to me, I feel less stressed out now, haha! :tongue:

I love your avatar by the way, so pretty. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back