• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix France Hints at Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Think of the PS3 release as necessary training for people in the Osaka team who needed some more time to get familiar with console development, and whose talent is now (presumably :D) being used for the PS4 remaster

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Just to be clear, I want the full collection including DDD and a kh3 demo to have a picture of mickey like the master chief collection and be in a steelbook, title: Kingdom Hearts - The Xehanort Chronicles.

I'm only half-joking, not only would it be funny but mickey mouse's head would make such a title much more marketable, the other edge of the sword being that newcomers would think of the art as bait and switch while longtime fans would be disappointed in sora's lack of exposue due to Disney overlooking him as always.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Think of the PS3 release as necessary training for people in the Osaka team who needed some more time to get familiar with console development, and whose talent is now (presumably :D) being used for the PS4 remaster

Precisely.

Just to be clear, I want the full collection including DDD and a kh3 demo to have a picture of mickey like the master chief collection and be in a steelbook, title: Kingdom Hearts - The Xehanort Chronicles.

I'm only half-joking, not only would it be funny but mickey mouse's head would make such a title much more marketable, the other edge of the sword being that newcomers would think of the art as bait and switch while longtime fans would be disappointed in Sora's lack of exposure due to Disney overlooking him as always.

That does make me wonder. You think they'd release the entire collection in a single game case with 2 discs? Or sell each one separately? If they're on the side of profit, they'll probably release them separately, and also have a bundle thingy that costs as much as buying them together, or maybe even have a thing where you save $10 if you buy the bundle, instead of getting each separately. Like it'd be $40 for each, but the bundle would be $70 or something.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think they might release both ReMixes together in one package. They released both PS3 remasters separately because of the obvious reason that they weren't created. But with both of them already on the PS3, all they need to do is port it, give it better graphics, better fps, correct the bugs/glitches, and release it together in a package. And besides: how are they gonna sell the two games separately? There was a 12 month difference between both ReMixes. They won't release both of them at the same time and expect fans to buy them both.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I think they might release both ReMixes together in one package. They released both PS3 remasters separately because of the obvious reason that they weren't created. But with both of them already on the PS3, all they need to do is port it, give it better graphics, better fps, correct the bugs/glitches, and release it together in a package. And besides: how are they gonna sell the two games separately? There was a 12 month difference between both ReMixes. They won't release both of them at the same time and expect fans to buy them both.

That would be interesting to see.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Value-wise, that'd be a tempting sell. To have both remasters in one package for $50 or $60, maybe more if they include DDD HD.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Value-wise, that'd be a tempting sell. To have both remasters in one package for $50 or $60, maybe more if they include DDD HD.

Consumers won't pick up a rerelease of 7 games if the price is over the normal retail value of new PS4 titles, especially because they have strange ideas over the value of products. They don't care if they are getting a bunch of games because they only see them as old games and severely undervalue them.

I don't really understand the mentality, but this was the same thought process people had with Type-0 HD. It was an old PSP game, "so why was it being sold at full retail price", not taking in account the amount of work that went into the game to make it less of a PSP game and the fact the game had never been released in the west before. You'll have people thinking the same of a KH collection.

At least at $60 you can say "well each PS3 release is currently $20, and retail copies of KH3D are around $30 so you save $10 on this collection"

Darxion

Oh come on... No more milking please... For the love of god please just give us a release year and leave it at that. Too many remasters....

Darxion

Well, you're in luck. There's only one remaster left... maybe. Hopefully.

Ah yes Dream Drop Distance.... The game was OK but I don't think it deserves it's own release. If SQEX announce a DDD remaster I am hoping they take a page out of the Type-0 book and chuck a KHIII Demo in with it... If it is announced and the price is anything like 1.5 or 2.5 I won't be able to justify it unless it has a demo.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Oh come on... No more milking please... For the love of god please just give us a release year and leave it at that. Too many remasters....

To be fair, it isn't really milking since the games are currently unavailable on PS4 and Xbone, and the HD Remasters are meant to put all the games on the same console as well as primarily bring in a newer generation and audience. And, seeing as how Xbone doesn't have a single KH title on it, the smart thing to do would be to put the entire Remaster collection on it.

Also, I feel the worst thing they can do for KH3 is gove a release date so early, when we haven't really seen much of the game. I wouldn't expect one, nor would I hope for one.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Ah yes Dream Drop Distance.... The game was OK but I don't think it deserves it's own release. If SQEX announce a DDD remaster I am hoping they take a page out of the Type-0 book and chuck a KHIII Demo in with it... If it is announced and the price is anything like 1.5 or 2.5 I won't be able to justify it unless it has a demo.

Again, unlike a lot of fans, I love the game more then most people. It's not the best game in the series (that goes to KH2, sorry guys) but it's a lot fun to play. And I hope they go Type-0 with it too. It wouldn't make sense not too but then again, that was Final Fantasy 15 and not KHIII. Final Fantasy has a lot more riding on it then KH3 does. I'm not saying we won't get a demo but special demo like XV? Maybe. I don't doubt it at all, I guess I just don't see the need to bundle it with the remasters.

Awards
Again, unlike a lot of fans, I love the game more then most people. It's not the best game in the series (that goes to KH2, sorry guys) but it's a lot fun to play. And I hope they go Type-0 with it too. It wouldn't make sense not too but then again, that was Final Fantasy 15 and not KHIII. Final Fantasy has a lot more riding on it then KH3 does. I'm not saying we won't get a demo but special demo like XV? Maybe. I don't doubt it at all, I guess I just don't see the need to bundle it with the remasters.

It needs to because there are PS4 users who sold their PS3s to buy the PS4 and haven't played it in years. There are Xbox users who were interested but never got to play and there are younger users who have PS4s and never got the chance to play it at all. It definitely needs a PS4/Xbox One rerelease. I know people have been waiting a long time and are impatient, however the vast majority of them have only played KH1, KH2, and maybe Re:CoM. Those people will drastically benefit from the rerelease.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It needs to because there are PS4 users who sold their PS3s to buy the PS4 and haven't played it in years. There are Xbox users who were interested but never got to play and there are younger users who have PS4s and never got the chance to play it at all. It definitely needs a PS4/Xbox One rerelease. I know people have been waiting a long time and are impatient, however the vast majority of them have only played KH1, KH2, and maybe Re:CoM. Those people will drastically benefit from the rerelease.

Oh no, I didn't mean that. I only meant the KH3 demo. The remasters are happening for those reasons exactly. I'd be surprised if they didn't announce it soon. I just don't really see it being tied a KH3 demo.

Awards
Oh no, I didn't mean that. I only meant the KH3 demo. The remasters are happening for those reasons exactly. I'd be surprised if they didn't announce it soon. I just don't really see it being tied a KH3 demo.

Alright, I agree with that. We can dream for a demo though. Like the BBS E3 Demo. It's probably not coming though. Honestly the perfect and most likely scenario is an extended secret video at the end of the KH3D HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back