• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix France Hints at Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
These are the reasons I'm hesitant to play through BBS on PS3, same goes for ReCoM. Definitely don't want to play through it six diddlying times. That's beyond stupid
That's why a file transfer would be a godsend, it really should be mandatory for all next-gen remasters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder if they'll release both games at once for the PS4 or once again release one by one for the PS4 just to give a good gap before Kingdom Hearts 3 is released.

It'd be better to make it one big collection, similar to Konami's MGS Legacy Collection...

These are the reasons I'm hesitant to play through BBS on PS3, same goes for ReCoM. Definitely don't want to play through it six fucking times. That's beyond stupid

If Re:CoM was a bit more enjoyable and didn't drag on, maybe it wouldn't be...no it'd still be a pain. I hate difficulty level trophies that make you play through a game multiple times. Ain't got time for that and developers shouldn't assume players will.

That's why a file transfer would be a godsend, it really should be mandatory for all next-gen remasters.

That might not be possible with the way certain games are designed.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It'd be better to make it one big collection, similar to Konami's MGS Legacy Collection...

If Re:CoM was a bit more enjoyable and didn't drag on, maybe it wouldn't be...no it'd still be a pain. I hate difficulty level trophies that make you play through a game multiple times. Ain't got time for that and developers shouldn't assume players will.

I hope so. It'll be really nice and its going to be awesome using the PS4 features for those games.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I would much prefer one collection on the PS4, and I haven't even touched my PS3 remixes. My PS3 is one of the older models, and I fear for it's impending doom. It's such now that leaving it on for mere minutes causes the fan to whir loudly, and it receives proper care / is stored in a good location. In any case, a more refined product is always appreciated. If they fixed the aforementioned bugs, they would easily get my purchase.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
A PS4 collection wouldn't be worth the purchase for me tho if they add new CS's for DDD, I hope they end up on Youtube. (I'm not playing it again tho I had a lot of fun with that game. Once was enough.)

But KH3? Sold! Been wondering what happens to Sora pretty hard, the conference is actually coming late on my birthday too. I can't wait.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well some games, I suppose you're right, but kingdom hearts is the perfect franchise to have such a feature considering the sheer number of playthroughs and unlockable content, it would be a shame to leave all my progress behind, I rarely touch the ps3 and but I love the 4, and would probably play it often for the hell of it when I'm bored every now and then. And on that note, it would be swell if they added minor multiplayer to mirage arena mode, whether local or using remote play but I honestly don't expect that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Will anyone here honestly buy 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4? I probably won't, I'm just tired of replaying all of the games all over again, and again, and again...and again
I will. By the time 2.5 had come out, I hadn't played my PS3 in ages and was well into the PS4's library of games. Not to mention I prefer the feel of the Dualshock 4 and going backwards to the 3 was uncomfortable.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I plan on buying the PS4 remasters day one, regardless of DDD's inclusion, if they're made. Having platinumed the entirety of both 1.5 and 2.5, I've done all there is to do with my PS3 copies, so I can just have fun with the PS4 ones whilst enjoying the fresh coat of paint/framerate that the PS4 will give the games, in addition to any bug fixes.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Will anyone here honestly buy 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4? I probably won't, I'm just tired of replaying all of the games all over again, and again, and again...and again

Unless it's a super special edition with a flat rate for all 6 (or 7, DDD would help) titles than probably not immediately. I didn't have a problem with the trophies and the only bug I saw was the delay using drive forms on the PS3. Also its not a given that the next gen remixes will necessarily fix these bugs or prevent new ones. My main interests would be extra content. If multiplayer MA and DDD is added the package then I'd be in day 1. If they aren't included then hopefully I'll be playing unchained and a few other games I've had my eye on and pick up the remixes when the price drops. Also hope they don't delay KH3 because of the remixes either.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
the only bug I saw was the delay using drive forms on the PS3.
Well, actually this should be fixed on the PS4 version.
When you first put the game into your PS4 or you download it, it is installed fully onto your PS4 and thus when you're playing the game it doesn't have to read the information from the disk. This means load times between cutscenes and worlds would be reduced, and the delay when activating Drive Forms and D-Links would be virtually non-existent.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, actually this should be fixed on the PS4 version.
When you first put the game into your PS4 or you download it, it is installed fully onto your PS4 and thus when you're playing the game it doesn't have to read the information from the disk. This means load times between cutscenes and worlds would be reduced, and the delay when activating Drive Forms and D-Links would be virtually non-existent.

Good, cause there were multiple times that the massive Drive Form delay caused some annoying missed opportunities, timing-wise. Like reaction commands and such.

BlazeHeatnix

Not only would the PS4 version have reduced load times, but like with the Final Fantasy X+X-2 remaster, it will most likely include the original soundtrack. While I actually really like the reorchestrated tracks, it's nice to have the option and I know a lot of people who prefer the original music. This would also give them a chance to fix the "music bug" in 1.5 that some people had. I didn't have it, but for some people the music kept cutting off.

If they add some more changes, like add in a few more scenes to the Days movie and include DDD, it may actually be worth a purchase.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I know it's most likely going to be 1.5+2.5+DDD collection on PS4/Xbone but I also have a strange feeling it won't be that. I mean, I kind of doubt it and all signs are clearing pointing to it (This article and the 2.5 end credits scenes including DDD and KH3).

But I also have a weird feeling that it won't be that and it'll be something totally out of left field... Ooooooor, what if it is that but its done like the Master Chief Collection where all the games graphics are redone with PS4 graphics. All the games. O_O... Ok, that won't happen but a guy can dream right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know it's most likely going to be 1.5+2.5+DDD collection on PS4/Xbone but I also have a strange feeling it won't be that. I mean, I kind of doubt it and all signs are clearing pointing to it (This article and the 2.5 end credits scenes including DDD and KH3).

But I also have a weird feeling that it won't be that and it'll be something totally out of left field... Ooooooor, what if it is that but its done like the Master Chief Collection where all the games graphics are redone with PS4 graphics. All the games. O_O... Ok, that won't happen but a guy can dream right?

No time to do that while making KH3 and not worth the money spent when people aren't going to buy into it. This franchise doesn't make Halo money as much as we all wish it did and it is already experiencing severe series fatigue.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
No time to do that while making KH3 and not worth the money spent when people aren't going to buy into it. This franchise doesn't make Halo money as much as we all wish it did and it is already experiencing severe series fatigue.

Which is truly unfortunate. The series has its problems but so does Halo. But Halo has been a lot more consistent and easier to follow then KH, so that makes sense. And it doesn't help that all the games were put on handhelds instead of console, which would've made the series at least a lot more relevant to gamers (if the story doesn't turn them off). I still believe KH is the kind of series can only appeal to certain people and even some of those people who like/love tend to criticize it more then enjoy it. But who knows? KH3 might be the turning point of the series. All we can do is wait.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Good, cause there were multiple times that the massive Drive Form delay caused some annoying missed opportunities, timing-wise. Like reaction commands and such.

If you pause the game quick then unpause, it bypasses that wait time. On a speed run I saw the load times added roughly an hour compared to the original time on PS2. It's really bad

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If you pause the game quick then unpause, it bypasses that wait time. On a speed run I saw the load times added roughly an hour compared to the original time on PS2. It's really bad

Hence, the PS4 versions, will be the PS3 games, with even better graphics, and PS2 era load times all at the same time. Totally worth the money. Getting that definitive KH experience.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Just to clarify I'm not upset with the idea of ReMixes on the PS4, I'm upset that it took this long to decide how to release them. For instance if they waited and exclusively released them on the PS4 or on the PS3 and PS4 simultaneously I would've been inclined to buy the PS4 versions. However SE released them on the PS3 just when the PS4 was in it's early years without any hint towards a PS4 release. So now that everyone has bought their PS3 copies, SE is hinting potential PS4 ReMixes. It just seems like SE planned this staggered release so that they could increase sales for both consoles. Like I said before I'll probably buy the PS4 copies, but it's the principal of the thing :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Just to clarify I'm not upset with the idea of ReMixes on the PS4, I'm upset that it took this long to decide how to release them. For instance if they waited and exclusively released them on the PS4 or on the PS3 and PS4 simultaneously I would've been inclined to buy the PS4 versions. However SE released them on the PS3 just when the PS4 was in it's early years without any hint towards a PS4 release. So now that everyone has bought their PS3 copies, SE is hinting potential PS4 ReMixes. It just seems like SE planned this staggered release so that they could increase sales for both consoles. Like I said before I'll probably buy the PS4 copies, but it's the principal of the thing :p

To be fair though, at this stage in the game, the PS3 hardware is much more familiar territory for developers to work with, so going from PS2 to PS3 is a logical leap, especially since every game and their mother has gotten an HD collection since God of War made it a thing. Going straight from PS2 to PS4 might be tricky, since further touching up a PS3 game for PS4 isn't too much work. I see your point, but the formula for HD remasters was already established before the PS4 was revealed. That, and 1.5 was announced a year before we even knew the PS4 existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back