• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix France Hints at Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Still hoping for a remaster of Dream Drop Distance, included in a complete ReMIX package. Something similar to that Master Chief collection but without all the mishaps.

Needless to say, this year's E3 I think will be as exciting or more than last years. Pumped

If we get DDD HD, the ReMIX's on PS4, Unchained X news, and KH3 news, I will be bouncing off the walls for that alone, not to mention what could be coming from Sony and Nintendo.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Throw in file transfer, a kh3 demo and a pricetag of $40 and I'll be set from e3 off one game, probably vote nomura as president afterwards.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Throw in file transfer, a kh3 demo and a pricetag of $40 and I'll be set from e3 off one game, probably vote nomura as president afterwards.

Oh there'll have to be file transfer. They did that for FFX/X2, there's no reason for them not to. A KH3 demo would be a bit much unless it'd release in time for Christmas like 2.5 did. That'd mean it'd be pretty solid for a late 2016 release date hopefully. Probably the same situation for FFXV honestly

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Oh there'll have to be file transfer. They did that for FFX/X2, there's no reason for them not to. A KH3 demo would be a bit much unless it'd release in time for Christmas like 2.5 did. That'd mean it'd be pretty solid for a late 2016 release date hopefully. Probably the same situation for FFXV honestly

FFXV is most likely going to be a early/summer 2016 release given that they said the game was 60% done when they released Episode Duscae.

I'm sure that, should we get the remasters on PS4, there will be a file transfer option. They clearly know how to do it, since it worked for FFX HD, so they have no reason to not implement it for KH as well.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
FFXV is most likely going to be a early/summer 2016 release given that they said the game was 60% done when they released Episode Duscae.

I'm sure that, should we get the remasters on PS4, there will be a file transfer option. They clearly know how to do it, since it worked for FFX HD, so they have no reason to not implement it for KH as well.

Imagine Kingdom Hearts III in time for the holidays next year. Ooh the feels. I'm thinking then or March 2017. Reminiscent of the previous releases during March.

It would very well limit sales of the PS4 version most likely, should they stupidly opt not to have a file transfer option.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Final Fantasy X|X-2 already had the option in it due to the PS3/Vita transfers. If they hadn't added that option in, I doubt they would have let us transfer the save data.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Chaser said:
The Square Enix France Facebook page has made two posts recently which mention the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III title for Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles. These hints come close to E3, which makes the potential announcement of a Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD ReMIX on PS4 all the more likely as this happened with Type-0 HD as well, as well as Kingdom Hearts potentially appearing at the Square Enix conference.
What is it with the European branches of Square Enix teasing everything nowadays, lol? xD

Chaser said:
Square Enix recently stated that they will announce several titles at E3. With a year and a half absence from the publics eyes, do you think Kingdom Hearts III counts as one of these titles? What are you hoping to see at E3 this year?
Yes. I believe KINGDOM HEARTS III counts as one of those titles. Even if it's a brief teaser trailer, it'll definitely be making an appearance this next June 16th on SE's e3 presentation.
In terms of other games, I am hoping to see a plethora of projects getting announced:
FINAL FANTASY X-3
The World Ends With You 2/3DS Remake
FINAL FANTASY V/VI 3DS Remake
Legend of Mana
Seiken Densetsu
FINAL FANTASY Agito+
KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ[chi]
KH 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. HD ReMix

By the way, non-SE related: I expect SONY to announce the PlayStation 4 Slim and/or a PS4 price cut.

All aboard!!!

[video=youtube;ZmmteiM_K1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmmteiM_K1Q[/video]
I believe THIS is the correct hype train:

tumblr_mup8oaSF1D1rxpxkxo1_400.gif

All aboard the train, there's plenty of seats.

Will we ever get a final final mix?
I believe the ReMixes are to be the last iteration of KHs I & II. Meanwhile, if KH3D DDD is ever re-released, it might feature Final Mix-esque bonuses, but will be called KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. HD ReMix

Still hoping for a remaster of Dream Drop Distance, included in a complete ReMIX package. Something similar to that Master Chief collection but without all the mishaps.

Needless to say, this year's E3 I think will be as exciting or more than last years. Pumped
The Master Sora collection? *giggles* xD

If we get DDD HD, the ReMIX's on PS4, Unchained X news, and KH3 news, I will be bouncing off the walls for that alone, not to mention what could be coming from Sony and Nintendo.
That would be four KH related news! :O And they'll definitely talk about Unchained χ[chi], June is close to original PC chi's second anniversary.

From Nintendo I am expecting:

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Starfox Wii U
The Legend of Zelda Wii U

Edit:

I am also expecting more information regarding Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, seeing as how it already has a slated release date for the North-American region: this Winter.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Final Fantasy X|X-2 already had the option in it due to the PS3/Vita transfers. If they hadn't added that option in, I doubt they would have let us transfer the save data.

Even so, I still think it'd be foolish for them not to include it. The recent Borderlands Handsome Collection had this feature, it's trend I think these current gen remasters need to incorporate if this remastering trend is going to continue (I personally hope it stops relatively soon though)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I believe the ReMixes are to be the last iteration of KHs I & II. Meanwhile, if KH3D DDD is ever re-released, it might feature Final Mix-esque bonuses, but will be called KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. HD ReMix
Well, it's title is actually Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] so it'd probably be Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] HD or something like that lol.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh, interesting things happen while I was hiking in the forest.

Kinda forgot that E3 happens this month. I am looking forward to see what fascinating things Square has in store for us. But I do hope the surprises won`t be anything like this:
iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
But I do hope the surprises won`t be anything like this:
iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

I still laugh at that. They even tricked me into thinking they were actually doing it, and I don't even want that damn remake everyone seems to be craving for. Definitely one of the most memorable E3 events ever. It's the perfect example of the public wanting something so completely unnecessary and just being thrown the middlefinger. In a time arguably over-saturated with reboots/remakes and sequels/franchise-building, that was a glorious move to me.

With that said: I'm excited for E3. Not really for Kingdom Hearts specifically, but I think it's obvious we'll get at least some KH-related news.

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Somehow when I woke up this morning I knew I had to check KHInsider... though I check it everyday...

This E3 'bout to be off the chain! My Ultimania HD PS4 Remix dream is shining o so brighter :')

Sdog

Awards
Will anyone here honestly buy 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4? I probably won't, I'm just tired of replaying all of the games all over again, and again, and again...and again

There are some that never owned PS3s or sold them before the Remixes, like myself. Plus I'm thinking there will be more to it than just 1.5 n 2.5 on PS4 if (and when) it comes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Will anyone here honestly buy 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS4? I probably won't, I'm just tired of replaying all of the games all over again, and again, and again...and again

Nobody said you had to.

But to answer your question, yes I will. Zero hesitation from me, especially if they fix the glitches and dumb trophy stuff present in the collections (i.e. audio going out in KH1, making trophies stack, Xemnas in KH2, save file glitches in BBS, trophy glitches in BBS, world difficulty/EXP gain not increasing post-game due to save file glitch, essentially every glitch in BBS, etc.) and maybe give us the option to switch between the original OST and the remastered one.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Probably the same people who re-bought FFX/X-2 HD on PS4. I never underestimate the power of fanatics to throw money at the same content over and over again. LOL

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nobody said you had to.

But to answer your question, yes I will. Zero hesitation from me, especially if they fix the glitches and dumb trophy stuff present in the collections (i.e. audio going out in KH1, making trophies stack, Xemnas in KH2, save file glitches in BBS, trophy glitches in BBS, world difficulty/EXP gain not increasing post-game due to save file glitch, essentially every glitch in BBS, etc.) and maybe give us the option to switch between the original OST and the remastered one.
Those sure are a lot of issues, I'll buy again, if only due to my lack of ps4 games and I'm sure my favorite kh game will also be included but if not, it'll be worth the custom soundtracks to rock sia and imagine dragons while I kill shit, and I never did finish 1.5 either (to be fair I haven't watched coded cinematics in 2.5 but that isn't really a game).

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder if they'll release both games at once for the PS4 or once again release one by one for the PS4 just to give a good gap before Kingdom Hearts 3 is released.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Nobody said you had to.

These are the reasons I'm hesitant to play through BBS on PS3, same goes for ReCoM. Definitely don't want to play through it six fucking times. That's beyond stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back