• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Revelation in the Series & Future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Kairi's Revelation in the Series & Future

I would love to see a game be released before KHIII that is about Kairi and Lea undergoing their Mark of Mastery Exam together, kinda similar to Sora & Riku in DDD. That way she will be fully prepared for the events in KHIII. Plus it'd be an awesome game to play :3

Reverse/Rebirth mode in DDDFMHD.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

I would love to see a game be released before KHIII that is about Kairi and Lea undergoing their Mark of Mastery Exam together, kinda similar to Sora & Riku in DDD. That way she will be fully prepared for the events in KHIII. Plus it'd be an awesome game to play :3

I understand the desire to see that, but do we really need that game? The series is saturated to hell and back because everyone and their grandmother's nobody has a role in the story. Kairi and Axel don't really need a game; on top of the fact that Sora and Riku only recently took their MoM. They both took theirs after 2 years of fighting. Lea just got a Keyblade, but he has fighting experience; Kairi not so much.

IU, how long has it been since Kairi got her Keyblade?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I understand the desire to see that, but do we really need that game? The series is saturated to hell and back because everyone and their grandmother's nobody has a role in the story. Kairi and Axel don't really need a game; on top of the fact that Sora and Riku only recently took their MoM. They both took theirs after 2 years of fighting. Lea just got a Keyblade, but he has fighting experience; Kairi not so much.

IU, how long has it been since Kairi got her Keyblade?

Since the World that Never Was, so not longer than Lea who just got his resently and was able to summon it.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Since the World that Never Was, so not longer than Lea who just got his resently and was able to summon it.

Exactly. Sora had to have his memories erased like 16 quintillion times and always managed to make his way back into "bad ass" territory within weeks. Riku was just always a better fighter then Sora. They've both earned their MoM Exam.

For Kairi to even have a MoM this early is a cop out. It's insulting. She'd be getting handed a free pass like every other thing in her life. She didn't earn her PoH title - which is understandable, but still. She didn't her ability to wield; she definitely didn't earn her Keyblade. I like Kairi, I just want her to be relevant to the series. Square's attempt to do so is admirable, but they're still going about it the wrong way.

Awards

Well, from the trailers, I'm guessing that the Sora/Donald/Goofy trio will be making a return for KH3, which is nice~

So, if that's the case, I think Kairi will be in a trio with Riku and someone (since everything is always trios). Maybe Riku and Lea. Or maybe they'll find Aqua and they'll be their their. Seven isn't divisible by three, so maybe that means one of the 7 guardians of light will be off on their own somewhere, and Lea seems to have things to worry about, so probably him.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Well, from the trailers, I'm guessing that the Sora/Donald/Goofy trio will be making a return for KH3, which is nice~

So, if that's the case, I think Kairi will be in a trio with Riku and someone (since everything is always trios). Maybe Riku and Lea. Or maybe they'll find Aqua and they'll be their their. Seven isn't divisible by three, so maybe that means one of the 7 guardians of light will be off on their own somewhere, and Lea seems to have things to worry about, so probably him.

Well, err, Sora DOES have Donald and Goofy, so if there were to be only trios, the other characters could easily build two teams consisting of three characters each, right?

Oh, and for the MoM...why? She doesn't have to be everything that could make her more of a mary sue, now does she?

Awards

Well, err, Sora DOES have Donald and Goofy, so if there were to be only trios, the other characters could easily build two teams consisting of three characters each, right?

There are other options for trios, but Kairi hasn't had much time with many characters, so sticking her with Disney characters she doesn't know would seem a bit awkward. And I don't think Ven and Aqua will be free at the start of the game, so a trio with them won't come 'til later at best. So that leaves Kairi, Riku, Lea, and Mickey.

I can see Riku teaming up with Mickey again, so maybe Kairi will tag along with them in a search for Aqua. Although I can totally see Mickey disappearing on his own again.

I don't see a Mark of Mastery happening for her in-game, though. Depending on the timeskip from DDD to KH3, it may have happened by the start of the game, but I don't think that's very likely for Kairi. For Sora, maybe.

radiantmemories

There isn't supposed to be much of a timeskip. So it isn't likely that either of them will have become Masters. In fact, Nomura outright said that Sora would not be a Master by the time of KH 3. He wanted him to stay an ordinary boy. (This is from recent interviews, I forget which one.)

Awards

There isn't supposed to be much of a timeskip. So it isn't likely that either of them will have become Masters. In fact, Nomura outright said that Sora would not be a Master by the time of KH 3. He wanted him to stay an ordinary boy. (This is from recent interviews, I forget which one.)

So a Mark of Mastery is definitely not in Kairi's future for this game.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Ahh my apologies, I may have jumped the gun with Kairi about to take the Mark of Mastery but perhaps Yen Sid will still try to train her to be a better Keyblade wielder.

Kaijuguy19

Reverse/Rebirth mode in DDDFMHD.

I'd love to see something like this. That way it can have more development to both characters and add in more hints of what's to come in KH3.

Also seeing as how Aqua was the only one in BBS to become a Keyblade master and doing the most work among the characters in the game I wonder if this is in a way a sign of Kairi having more to do in KH3 then what she seems to be right now? Seeing as how Aqua is meant to have ties to Kairi it would make sense if that was the case.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Ahh my apologies, I may have jumped the gun with Kairi about to take the Mark of Mastery but perhaps Yen Sid will still try to train her to be a better Keyblade wielder.

If anyone, it should be Riku. He gave her her Keyblade, it should fall on him; especially since it's Aqua's fault in the first place. Aqua's no longer around. -snicker- How unfortunate.

Larxene012

Banned

i know in many many forums Kairi is often hated on for having little significance. And honestly, she always had the significance of being a "close friend of Sora" with the twist of being one of the seven lights.

Unfortunately though, i feel like many fans believe she has to play a large role in order to be a good character. Which i believe Nomura fell into this trap by making her a keyblade wielder (i also feel nomura is trying to bring all relevant characters wield a keyblade).

Kairi's character was better in KH1. she was non-intrusive, all while still being a true friend to sora. In kh2 i felt she was just in the background. She wielded a keyblade momentarily, which did not in the least excite me. But now Kairi is a keyblade wielder by a chance. Similar to Sora but in a dumber way. She just happened to touch the keyblade. Her personality just doesn't fit well with me, sure she was daring, but she wasn't "keyblade" material.

Or maybe i was hoping she would have a real role. Similar to how Leon (squall) and the gang played a good support team, i was hoping Kairi would play a strong role that didn't need the keyblade. Afterall, she is the princess of heart andhave proven to have their own abilities in KH1.

i dont know. it just bothers me that the only way to make Kairi a good character is giving her a keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back