• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Revelation in the Series & Future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antar

Awards
Re: Kairi's Revelation in the Series & Future

I finally got to reading this, Zephy, good job on the article! Hopefully Kairi will be used more effectively in KH3, since she barely appeared the the past games. Going by your writing, though, it seems like she will have an important role.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

I don't mind Kairi and Sora being together as long as Kairi's developed more first, it's not the main focus of the story or over the top, and Sora and Kairi's friendship also has more light shed onto it (maybe with them bonding over how they both became Keyblade wielders by accident, and things like that).

Also, I don't get why people think that if Sora and Kairi get together it has to all be touchy-feely, lovey-dovey, over the top butt touching stuff (not that Disney would ever allow that, but you know what I mean). They can be together without all of that, guys. Asexuality does exist. You can love someone--and be in a relationship with them--without it having to be physical.

As someone who is asexual, the lack of representation for it in our media--and the fact that some people seem to think that it can be a thing--really grinds my gears.

And I could easily see Sora and Kairi being aseuxal, if Nomura chose to go that way with the narrative, so you really don't have to necessarily worry about them making out all the time, maybe. -rant over-

Anyway, moving onto other things, I'm actually hoping that KHIII has something like the Active Time Events that FFIX did. I think the game could really benefit from something like that, and that it could easily help shed some light on other things and character stories that are simultaneously going on, like maybe with Kairi's own story.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, this is a must for KHIII, as KHII truly suffered from not having important things in the spotlight like it should have.

@duchessa Really like the idea of Kairi jump-starting Xion's memory in Lea's heart, and some of the other things you said. It would be really great to see something like that:D

And as for why I think Braig might end up being Kairi's arch-enemy in III, here are some of my reasons:

A. There's a strong chance that Braig was there and involved in it when Xehanort cast her out into The Lanes Between as a child, to test his theory "about the Keyblade and Princesses being connected to each other".

B. He was one of the ones who kept her trapped in The Castle That Never Was.

C. Right when she was finally getting close to seeing Sora, Donald, and Goofy again, Braig attacked them--when they were all ready having to deal with Shadows--right in front of her and got in her way (and the manga, though not canon, goes into even more adversity between them there).

D. I can just see Braig making a scathing comment about how everyone else gets paired with someone they have a history with, and that he's stuck with the newbie. Either that, or maybe he'll actually target her for that reason--as he's learned "not to mess with Keyblade wielders"--because he thinks he'll have less of a chance of getting injured through her. I could also see him comparing her to "Aqua Jr." for obvious reasons, and how this time he's not going to lose to the Keyblade wielding girl.

And as for Vanitas... I don't know if I want him and Kairi to face off at all, personally. (Plus, I think that he'll be the one that versus Ven.) I mean, it could be really cool, but at the same time, I just...

Even though Vanitas ISN'T Sora, he still has his face. And if Kairi's up against him, I think it'll still represent the "Kairi's story revolves around Sora and nothing else" thing that we're all hoping that KHIII will break free from. So IDK.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

When it comes to Sora and Kairi, it doesn't have to be making out (or more than a kiss at the end of the game, if they choose to go that way. I think that's all Disney would allow after all!); in my mind, true love isn't just eros (greek term for love that involves body/hormones). It's also agape (unconditional love that loves the person for what they are along with their flaws) too, especially if it's going to last.

Source

Kairi does need more development before any romance would be believable however. Heck, we hardly even see them hang out or learn what kinda friendship they have other than Kairi waking Sora up in KH1 (You lazy bum!) and the hug in KH2. I'd love to see that, love to see them explore the friendship a bit more to build up to any kissing or anything romance-y. ^^

But yeah, I think there's not going to be any serious making out other than some hugging or a kiss if they go the route of "Sora gets Kairi" in the end. Disney wouldn't allow it tho since I was raised on Disney, I know kissin' happens in the movies, so that could show up. Just I hope Kairi gets enough development that when they end up kissin' it's believable.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

@maryadavies nah, soriku is definitely going to be the hot item for III. You heard it here first.

SephirothZ

^ Never going to happen. :)

Kairi can still be developed as a character regardless of what happens with Sora. To automatically write her off because she and Sora become an item is a little baseless, especially since the story has already had a few hints at the prospect (which is why people are clamoring for it).

More people would be upset if they left Sora/Kairi hanging than people who are upset with shipping them together.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Of course if they force it, it will not be as good, but they could also do it correctly. KH3 will be a long game.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Kairi can still be developed as a character regardless of what happens with Sora. To automatically write her off because she and Sora become an item is a little baseless, especially since the story has already had a few hints at the prospect (which is why people are clamoring for it).

More people would be upset if they left Sora/Kairi hanging than people who are upset with shipping them together.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Of course if they force it, it will not be as good, but they could also do it correctly. KH3 will be a long game.

Sounds like what going on with Satoshi and Serena, but instead of real development that's not being forced by it's fans, it's how many people will be made if they aren't together or go as far to take VERY dramatic measures if they aren't together.

To another post, what does Braig have to do with Kairi?

SephirothZ

lol, Ash never goes for the girl though. He has had multiple cute girls with him over the years and nothing ever happens. Pokemon has never had a love story from what I remember (admittedly, I have not been up to date with the most recent products).

If the Kairi/Sora relationship is not handled in KH3, people will be upset and expect something in the next saga. The only exception to that is if KH3 comes out and says there is no romantic feelings between the two, just friends (I dont see that happening). People will still be upset, but they will not expect anything in the next saga.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You're not the only one, it won't help Kairi's character if she's romantically involved or Sora and Kairi are a thing. I know people want that and I've seen it, multiple times, but no, unless their interaction is strong, their relationship would just be be forced and make Kairi even more hated, and we're not just talking about how people viewed her character, but the pairings.

And I don't know why, but the idea of Sora thinking of Kairi's body just kills the relationship because Sora isn't like that at all. And Kairi might like Sora but as a friend or as a brother.

At least it won't help when looking at the current overall status of Kairi's character.
Even if it would not be forced and executed well, the rabid shippers who do not ship Sora/Kairi would still spew hate around, be it because it isn't their favorite pairing or maybe because they go again with the totally cliché and done to death variant of main male hero and main female heroine being officially put together.
On the flip side, rabid Sora/Kairi shippers would get even more obnoxious and condescending because their ship became "canon" and look down on the other proposed pairings in one way or another.
No matter what, the shipping wars are something that apparently cannot be prevented in a work with any sizeable fandom.

Even the current situation in which everything is open to interpretation, which for me personally is the best solution, people can't shut up about all the shipping stuff because they want their pairing validated and apparently cannot bear that things are left open for personal interpretations.
It may just be personal observation, but I noticed that especially Sora/Kairi-shippers are often prominent in this group.

(sarcasm mode ON)
Nope, Kairi and Sora obviously cannot like each other like friends or siblings because they're of different genders, it MUST be romantic!
Riku and Sora though, obviously MUST be friends or sibling-like because they're the same gender.
(sarcasm mode OFF)

Now I really want to see Vanitas and Kairi interact. Kairi getting her feathers ruffled over him taunting her with her best friend's face would be interesting to see.

I agree with everyone so far who has said she has not been utilized properly but has potential. It would certainly feel forced if she suddenly gained major plot relevance/was in a romantic relationship without prior development. If she could get some sort of character development through interactions with Lea or the villains or whoever it is, her being much more important in these aspects might not feel so unnatural. Of course that's assuming any interactions with her are done right from the get-go, which I wouldn't put any money on. But I'm going to be optimistic and hope they push her character along before she does anything that has a large impact on the story. Her helping with (but not being the main instigator of) the saving that needs to be done could be beneficial to her, though unless it's a part of her training I don't know how she'll train at the same time.

Actually, her training with Lea could kill two birds with one stone. We could see how she reacts to an ex-Nobody and kidnapper and see her maybe better understand the plight of the "hurting," along with the fact that she looks like Xion. If Lea doesn't remember already, that could jumpstart his memory of her.

I really don't see however why Vanitas would have any interest in Kairi whatever except maybe delivering her to Xehanort on given orders, considering how fixated he is on Ventus in general.
People also tend to put way too much emphasis on Vanitas' appearance being similar to Sora. That case isn't like Roxas and Ventus where only the eyebrows differ, Vanitas can easily be distinguished from Sora with one quick glance not only by hair- and eye-color, but also by his much paler skin and more muscular physique.
So Kairi would have no problem to decide: brown hair/blue eyes = hug, black hair/golden eyes = punch to the face.

Kairi certainly has potential, the primary issue with her is definitely that she needs to be properly included with the main group of the other major characters and in the overall storyline in a role that isn't just a trophy or plot device for Sora.
Right now, Kairi is better integrated with Selphie and the Twilight Town trio than her supposed two main best friends, the main Disney characters and the other two trios.
Yea, she has some brief interactions with Naminé and Riku during KH 2, but that is far cry from a true inclusion in the core cast.

Lea would be indeed a good starting point, especially due to their personal experiences and the facts that Kairi did have contact with Roxas and Naminé personally.
As for memories of Xion though, if jumpstarting people's memories of her would be that easy, I doubt they would have made such a big deal about everyone forgetting her.

Yea, because the hints at that prospect obviously cannot be interpreted just as the ones Sora had with Kairi because of incompatible genders, right?

Err, it's not really about writing Kairi off but about that doing it like that would just relegate her to another cliché role in the greater context of the series as a whole.
Much critic towards her as a character besides being underutilized also pertain to the fact that so far she only filled out typical cliché roles for female lead characters in fictional works in general.
Making her and Sora a thing would just lead to reviews like "I knew it, she's just there to be the obligatory love interest of the main male lead".
Lol, yea, people are clamoring for multitudes of different pairings where there can be quite a few hints for inside the story depending on how you interpret it. Some may be more blatant and "in-your-face" than others, but that doesn't make one claim more legit than another.

Just to make it clear though in case there's a misunderstanding: I am not fundamentally against Sora and Kairi as a pairing, I do however not understand why it HAS to be made explicit and official. The arguments brought forth for Sora/Kairi do not really differ in essence to those that can be made for any other pairing among the cast regardless of gender-combination.
I personally certainly would prefer if ALL romance-related things between original characters remain open to interpretation of the audience. I don't see why Sora and Kairi need to be an exception to that.

That statement is really interchangeable for every shipper out under the sun, that more people would be upset if pairing XY isn't addressed as there are people who are upset with pairing XY being addressed.
I'll take a wild guess that regardless of what KH III ultimatively shows, there will be rage from all parts of the shipping fandom for whatever pairing didn't get enough hints or "fluffy/heartwarming etc." scenes together to fuel more shipping fantasies.

They could, you know, also simply keep things as they are and spare themselves the trouble even if that upsets some rabid shippers.

If the Kairi/Sora relationship is not handled in KH3, people will be upset and expect something in the next saga. The only exception to that is if KH3 comes out and says there is no romantic feelings between the two, just friends (I dont see that happening). People will still be upset, but they will not expect anything in the next saga.

You make it sound like that KH III has some obligation to explicitly state that the feelings between Sora and Kairi are not something romantic. So far KH has done that with none of its major original characters. The relationships between all the main original characters have been left open to interpretation throughout the whole series, so why is it that this has to be changed just in the case of Sora and Kairi?
Because for some people the hints regarding their relationship have been more "intense" than for other pairings?
Because some people cannot break out from the usual main male + main female = love story line of thought?
Because every series/work has to have a normal romance between main characters somewhere?
Or is it because people want to see any possible non-heteronormative ships for the main protagonist canonically squashed because it irks them that Sora might not be the usual white, straight male?
What if they decide to go a totally different route and let Sora get together with a totally different female, like i.e. one of the female Foretellers or someone introduced in the new saga (regardless which gender), invalidating all the hints from previous games for ALL Sora ships, those with Kairi being explained away by just Sora having a childhood crush?
Shippers explode in rage and boycot KH because the protagonist didn't get together with the person they wanted?

While we're at it, relating to the example of Sora being asexual given above, what if it would really be that way? What if Sora doesn't need/want to be in a monogamous romantic relationship with anyone or to place one person above the others he loves?
Heck, what if Sora is actually secretly a bisexual or asexual and polyamorous person who doesn't want to decide between Kairi and Riku but wants them both equally?
Or going back to the character the topic is about, what if these things would all apply to Kairi? What if, for example, the thing Kairi actually loves so much about Sora is his heart? And, thinking further, during the course of KH III Kairi comes to learn and experience that i.e. Ventus has a heart very similar and she develops also intense feelings for this one?
Or, riding on the Kairi/Vanitas wave, what if out of all the good original characters, Kairi is the only one to realize that (maybe) Vanitas is on the inside more than just a violent monster who enjoys inflicting pain on others and over the course of KH III's plot she eventually develops a liking to him?
Contemplating about these things can also be part of the charm of having not any official and definitive statements regarding the issue of relationships between characters.

Goddamnit...no, did I really write a whole paragraph just about all this shipping stuff and derailed the thread...argh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 237301

This. I like this, I like you, and I like your way of thinking. Keeping it open allows everyone to feel like their ship has a chance, right? leaving no true answer to what's what. It's a pretty perfect way to go about things. It's been working pretty well so far, so I see no reason to close things off with one definitive conclusion that makes it mandatory for any two characters to be together. Let people pair how they like and leave it open for everyone. And by the way, you have a very high devotion to your opinion. Good stuff, sir Sephiroth0812.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

People also tend to put way too much emphasis on Vanitas' appearance being similar to Sora. That case isn't like Roxas and Ventus where only the eyebrows differ, Vanitas can easily be distinguished from Sora with one quick glance not only by hair- and eye-color, but also by his much paler skin and more muscular physique.
So Kairi would have no problem to decide: brown hair/blue eyes = hug, black hair/golden eyes = punch to the face.
I now want a scene where no one can tell the two apart and Sora and Vanitas are all "oh, come on! Seriously?!"

Goddamnit...no, did I really write a whole paragraph just about all this shipping stuff and derailed the thread...argh
XD
I've been avoiding this thread because I couldn't think of anything to say that didn't involve her and Sora. lol
I feel bad for Kairi. She's never had much screen time and what screen time she's had often have to do with Sora. You have KHI and CoM do a good job on their relationship, but in KHII, Kairi's entire character amounts to "she thinks about Sora a lot."

I'm fine with however her character and her relationships with others is done as long as it's done good.
I've never understood shipping. Correction, I understand shipping but I don't understand why some people get so obsessed over something that's just a silly thing to do when bored.

TheOtherPromise

The relationships between all the main original characters have been left open to interpretation throughout the whole series, so why is it that this has to be changed just in the case of Sora and Kairi?

You make some good points. However, I never really thought Sora's crush was ambiguous. With all due respect, I always thought Sora's Crush on Kairi was pretty obvious but (like you said) maybe it's just the way I interpreted the game.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong but the paopu fruit seems to be a symbol of Sora/Kairi's romantic interest in one another. Or at least it was a symbol of how they wanted to be together forever (which still sounds pretty romantic considering how the paopu fruit is only shared by two people).
The only reason I think they should mention Sora/Kairi in KH 3 is because it's a plot point (via my paopu fruit example and a couple others) thats been brought up in the game and like any other plot point it should be concluded or resolved.

But I do agree with everyone who says that Sora and Kairi should develop their friendship better before they do anything else.

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

+
You make some good points. However, I never really thought Sora's crush was ambiguous. With all due respect, I always thought it was pretty obvious but (like you said) maybe it's just the way I interpreted the game.

I'm a bit confused as to how you feel that it was ambiguous. From the very beginning they've been alluding to Sora having a crush on Kairi; starting with the poupu. From the way the item is handled and talked about, you can tell that it is a symbol of sharing your life with someone. Aqua was oblivious to the cultural norms of Destiny Islands as she's not from there; however, anyone who is from there would know that item stands for.

Next, there's Sora's return. Every archetype of "beauty and the beast" ever written ever feeds off of the heavily implied "Joanie loves Chachi" moe bullshit radiating from Sora and Kairi. (psst, Sora's Joanie) He's "hurting" and brooding, but he's following baser instincts, while somewhat still holding on to his sense of self. It was only Kairi who could bring him back from the edge; Donald opting to send him to oblivion.

We see from the ending of Kingdom Hearts 1, that Kairi is at least responsive to the affection between them; just crying at the very thought of him.

Kingdom Hearts 2 gives us the scenes where Sora was spinning in a circle with her playfully and the scene between him and Goofy. Granted, Sora could have spun in circles with everyone (as Friendship whores often do), but there's no point in mentioning it if there wasn't any relevance to the overall theme of SoKai. With Goofy saying "I bet I know who you're thinking about", it's practically confirmed. I understand that a large portion of the series requires WoG confirmation, but SoKai is one of those things where the game itself is telling the story. (Like a story driven video game should :D)

But hey, that's just a theory.....<moves on>

I now want a scene where no one can tell the two apart and Sora and Vanitas are all "oh, come on! Seriously?!"
Oh Kingdom Hearts yes.

Me personally, I want Kairi to take on more of an Aqua-like role at first, and then falling into a villain's role.

Nope, Kairi and Sora obviously cannot like each other like friends or siblings because they're of different genders, it MUST be romantic!

Even though you're being sarcastic here, they could, but unlikely given what we see. Theming is pretty important in the series. This series has followed trends from the very beginning; ignoring them now would be asinine.

Riku and Sora though, obviously MUST be friends or sibling-like because they're the same gender.

Personally, this is what I'm hoping for. Sora choosing Riku over Kairi, which sets her on the path of "righteousness", leading into what I was hoping for her. I think Kairi has the potential to become a very powerful villain.

TheOtherPromise

Re: Kairi&#039;s Revelation in the Series & Future

I'm a bit confused as to how you feel that it was ambiguous.
Wait, what? I said I DONT think its ambiguous. I think you misread my response. I'll edit it just to make it a little clearer.
But yeah, I agree with examples you gave as to why Sora/Kairi isn't ambiguous.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

I really don't see however why Vanitas would have any interest in Kairi whatever except maybe delivering her to Xehanort on given orders, considering how fixated he is on Ventus in general.

Kairi certainly has potential, the primary issue with her is definitely that she needs to be properly included with the main group of the other major characters and in the overall storyline in a role that isn't just a trophy or plot device for Sora.
Right now, Kairi is better integrated with Selphie and the Twilight Town trio than her supposed two main best friends, the main Disney characters and the other two trios.
Yea, she has some brief interactions with Naminé and Riku during KH 2, but that is far cry from a true inclusion in the core cast.

Lea would be indeed a good starting point, especially due to their personal experiences and the facts that Kairi did have contact with Roxas and Naminé personally.
As for memories of Xion though, if jumpstarting people's memories of her would be that easy, I doubt they would have made such a big deal about everyone forgetting her.

[prepares to take bold statement out of context for the sake of comedy by entering sarcasm mode]

Wait a minute, Sephy, I have black hair. If I had gold eyes on top of that, are you saying that teenage girls with red hair have a right to punch me in the face?! o_O What are you trying to tell me?!

[exits of sarcasm mode]

In all seriousness, I completely agree that Kairi has a lot of potential, but it's all in how she is introduced into the cadre of main plot important characters. The biggest problem revolving her character (aside from the fact that the writers haven't bothered giving her much, if any, character) is that she is more of a walking plot device with a bunch of titles that are important to the story, but have done little with her personally or how it has effected her personally. She is never really given much screentime with the others. She has the power to communicate with Sora through her heart, but they almost never use this form of communication even when apart. If they could have at least had her doing that with Sora (and Riku, if possible, which I'm sure it is because "LOL, Princess of Heart Powahs!" helping her do so), that alone would have only led to giving her the groundwork for her to have even a small semblance of relevance come III.

Come to think of it, now I really wish that Dream Drop Distance had some scenes of her trying to reach them, but always doing so when asleep (and occasionally stumbling onto Roxas when trying to communicate with Sora).

XD
I've been avoiding this thread because I couldn't think of anything to say that didn't involve her and Sora. lol
I feel bad for Kairi. She's never had much screen time and what screen time she's had often have to do with Sora. You have KHI and CoM do a good job on their relationship, but in KHII, Kairi's entire character amounts to "she thinks about Sora a lot."

I'm fine with however her character and her relationships with others is done as long as it's done good.
I've never understood shipping. Correction, I understand shipping but I don't understand why some people get so obsessed over something that's just a silly thing to do when bored.

Welp, if the writers are fired and they hired the guys in charge of Sonic Adventure 2's story, then that scenario will definitely happen. Sonic and Shadow are SO alike, right? XD

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

[prepares to take bold statement out of context for the sake of comedy by entering sarcasm mode]

Wait a minute, Sephy, I have black hair. If I had gold eyes on top of that, are you saying that teenage girls with red hair have a right to punch me in the face?! o_O What are you trying to tell me?!

[exits of sarcasm mode]

In all seriousness, I completely agree that Kairi has a lot of potential, but it's all in how she is introduced into the cadre of main plot important characters. The biggest problem revolving her character (aside from the fact that the writers haven't bothered giving her much, if any, character) is that she is more of a walking plot device with a bunch of titles that are important to the story, but have done little with her personally or how it has effected her personally. She is never really given much screentime with the others. She has the power to communicate with Sora through her heart, but they almost never use this form of communication even when apart. If they could have at least had her doing that with Sora (and Riku, if possible, which I'm sure it is because "LOL, Princess of Heart Powahs!" helping her do so), that alone would have only led to giving her the groundwork for her to have even a small semblance of relevance come III.

Come to think of it, now I really wish that Dream Drop Distance had some scenes of her trying to reach them, but always doing so when asleep (and occasionally stumbling onto Roxas when trying to communicate with Sora).

Welp, if the writers are fired and they hired the guys in charge of Sonic Adventure 2's story, then that scenario will definitely happen. Sonic and Shadow are SO alike, right? XD

It has nothing to do with the writers 'not bothering' with Kairi, it's just all the focus was he two leads Sora and Riku. They were somewhat rivals, they followed different paths during the first games, Kairi was their goal in different means to reach it, Kairi was Sora's imorant meory, why Xion has Kairi's face, it was hearing Namine as Kairi that saved Riku in Chain of Memories, it was the one person both wanted to save during Kingdom Hearts 2. To say they didn't bother with her is a complete exaggeration, because if that's true, Kairi would have been written off a long time ago, not even Namine or Xion would even exist.

And no to Kairi being forced into Dream Drop Distance, the game was about Riku's character coming full circle and Sora's pwn issues that lead him into Xehanort's hands, forcing Kairi in would only hurt her character, at least she has one. Her a big surprise in the Secret ending was find enough has a big role along with Lea and the 7 Lights.

duchessa

I really don't see however why Vanitas would have any interest in Kairi whatever except maybe delivering her to Xehanort on given orders, considering how fixated he is on Ventus in general.People also tend to put way too much emphasis on Vanitas' appearance being similar to Sora. That case isn't like Roxas and Ventus where only the eyebrows differ, Vanitas can easily be distinguished from Sora with one quick glance not only by hair- and eye-color, but also by his much paler skin and more muscular physique.

I suppose I'm just interested in seeing an interaction between them to see if Kairi would get angry for whatever reason, since he is good at pissing people off and at least has Sora's face and semblance. But you're right, there's not a ton of rhyme or reason to a meeting between them as it stands other than their physical similarities and the fact that I'm curious.

Man, they could have gone far with Kairi, especially in II since she could move between worlds one way or another and be more involved. I do enjoy how Amano handled her, though.

Whatever happens, her and Lea training would definitely be good for Kairi's character at the least. Too bad they didn't cover more of what happened behind the scenes in the novels and manga between Axel and Kairi (and Saïx), it would have been nice to see references to that. Assuming it also happened off screen in the game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

@chuman I don't want someone connected to Kairi to be the girl in Yen Sid and Eraqus' trio, either. I just brought it up because I've seen it talked about before, and with how Nomura loves trios and connections... Well, it sadly is a possibility.

And actually, I have seen Kairi's grandmother as that person IN some of the theories. XD Fortunately, I don't think that will end up being the case, though, seeing as how Nomura doesn't like to do a lot with family relations.

...Plus, if any new past thing ends up getting put into play in KHIII, I think it'll be the Rebirth theory--which I really love and am so excited to maybe see. Hooza!

Also... I'm really hoping that KHIII ends up investigating some of Kairi's PoH powers: that's something I've wanted to see since day one, tbh.

Maybe her PoH powers are actually where Naminé's own came from? Or what sort of shaped them?

Oh... and seeing if Kairi can use Naminé's powers at all--while the two are still assimilated in the game--would be quite nice:)

And Kairi remembering how she was cast into the Lanes Between by Apprentice Xehanort--and how ASoD tried to kill her during KH1--is a MUST for me. Since this is all about the Lights vs. the Darknesses, this relationship between Kairi and the Norts really needs to be expanded on. Of course, that goes with people who have just been Norted--like Saïx, who kidnapped her--too.

Actually... just info on what Kairi remembers at all form KH1 (mainly from being in Sora's heart for so long) would be a godsent; I mean, DDD did hint at how ASoD kidnapped her, and brought her to the Secret Place, to lure Sora there.

Y'know... there's so much that could be done with Kairi's character. And the more I think about it, the more ecstatic I get for it... but also the more irritated I become, that none of this has been looked at before

For instance, what if Kairi being able to wield a Keyblade sort of goes against her PoH nature, and then that part of her sort of ends up rebelling against her? I'd be interested in seeing something like that. I mean, none of the other Princesses of Light are fighters, after all--and the condition in which Kairi got her Keyblade was kind of questionable--and I could see the seven being forced to have only pacifistic behaviors, maybe.

And... now there's a darker part of me that's imagining Kairi (at least temporarily) dying during the end battle, but her telling a grieving Sora and Riku that it's okay: she's so happy to have gotten to go with them, and help protect them for once. And then all those flashbacks of little Sora, Riku, and Kairi together--that we've yet to see--begin playing, and it's raw and emotional and real.

Yeah... Let's all be glad that I don't write for KH, guys. LOL. I can be a bit like Gen Urobuchi and GRRM sometimes...

And now that I think about it, I want the whole "Naminé replacing Sora's memories of Kairi" thing to come up. And not because I want it to turn into a stupid spat between them, or for it to be a dumb love triangle, but so Kairi can forgive Naminé, and tell her that she understands and it's not her fault at all.

I just basically want beautiful relationships between the female characters, that they deserve to have, but haven't really happened in this saga yet.

Seeing the villains trying to play on Kairi's insecurities (that we all know she has) would also be a great thing to help the narrative, I think.

PaopuDreams

I would love to see a game be released before KHIII that is about Kairi and Lea undergoing their Mark of Mastery Exam together, kinda similar to Sora & Riku in DDD. That way she will be fully prepared for the events in KHIII. Plus it'd be an awesome game to play :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back