• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Revelation in the Series & Future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Kairi's Revelation in the Series & Future

Kairi gas time for development but they can't relegate it to her spending half of the game before she's useful.

Kaijuguy19

Hmm I've made a minor edit concerning the phrases:

The darkness awakens
the light in the darkness
leads to the last key.

Initially I thought it was referring to one person but the cutscene was organized in such a way that I realized it's talking about three people but leading to one of them which are Xehanort, Aqua, and Kairi.

Interesting observation. Makes me wonder if Aqua has a larger role to play in KH3. We know Kairi and Xehanort have large roles but it would be interesting to see how Aqua ties into the story for KH3 in this new light aside from being rescued and reuniting with Terra and Ventus.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well she'll need to save ventus, as only she can navigate CO for starters, unless that's why we see sora with Master Keeper in the announcement trailer, so he can unlock it (skeleton keys are handy like that rofl), and she might be integral for snapping terra out of xehanort's control.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

The biggest problem I have here is that Yen Sid said the journey to the Sleeping Realm isn't how the Mark of Mastery is usually done. Given the trouble it caused, I don't think he'd ever send a student back there. Not to mention, there's not much of a Sleeping Realm left to go to. The implication was kind of that those worlds stuck there were the only ones there and that's why the Dream Eaters were all in Traverse Town, the Town stayed behind despite being released because it was needed there. All the Keyholes were unlocked.
Nomura's said a few times that there are other Sleeping Worlds than the ones we see in KH3D. The Realm housed more than just seven or so worlds, it's just that Sora and Riku only needed to unlock seven keyholes for their exam/to gain new power. So there is still more to be seen in the RoS, but, I agree that I don't think Yen Sid would send Kairi there after the events of KH3D for her hypothetical exam.

But, I also don't think the secret ending suggests that Kairi is about to take her MoM either. Yen Sid's wording is pretty particular. He doesn't call her another Keyblade wielder, he says "I have come to learn that you, too, can wield a Keyblade". Given how we know she has the ability to wield the Keyblade, yet there is no evidence that she is able to summon one yet (or that one has chosen her), at the present time I think it seems more likely to suggest that she is in a similar position as to where Lea was in KH3D. He had the ability to use a Keyblade, but it wasn't until the very end that one had even chosen him. Kairi is definitely not at a position to take the MoM this soon. I think the more likely scenario is that she and Lea will both be considered newly apprentice Keyblade wielders in KH3.

That being said, I definitely think the game has gone out of its way to set up that Kairi will be a key player in KH3. I just hope it's more than just a retread of a motivational tool for Sora and Riku like in past games. IT's my secret hope that Kairi will be the one to end MX for good, haha.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Kairi should undoubtedly have a key role in bringing about the downfall of xehanort, but i wholly believe sora should be the one to land the final blow/be the most responsible for it.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

But, I also don't think the secret ending suggests that Kairi is about to take her MoM either. Yen Sid's wording is pretty particular. He doesn't call her another Keyblade wielder, he says "I have come to learn that you, too, can wield a Keyblade". Given how we know she has the ability to wield the Keyblade, yet there is no evidence that she is able to summon one yet (or that one has chosen her), at the present time I think it seems more likely to suggest that she is in a similar position as to where Lea was in KH3D. He had the ability to use a Keyblade, but it wasn't until the very end that one had even chosen him. Kairi is definitely not at a position to take the MoM this soon. I think the more likely scenario is that she and Lea will both be considered newly apprentice Keyblade wielders in KH3.

That being said, I definitely think the game has gone out of its way to set up that Kairi will be a key player in KH3. I just hope it's more than just a retread of a motivational tool for Sora and Riku like in past games. IT's my secret hope that Kairi will be the one to end MX for good, haha.

Hmm I can agree with that actually. Like Ventus, he didn't partake in the Mark of Mastery with Terra and Aqua. So Ventus, Lea, and Kairi are all in the same position where they're not skilled enough but they are enough to be apprentices in training.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well it is a bit different. Ven ventured to several worlds where he became well versed with the keyblade, lea has had plenty of battle experience working for the organization, however, he knows nothing about wielding a keyblade. Lastly is kairi, who has had no training or fighting except for the one scene where she off-screen fought a large group of shadows in II, where sora said she fought well. Although I believe her pure heart of light and heart spending time soaking up sora's brawling memories. Lets not forget she probably practice fought wakka, tidus and selphie on destiny islands but that is as amateur as anything.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I can kinda see the opening of the game being from Kairi's point of view, like Roxas' prologue in II. And it can end with some kind of revelation leading to the rest of the game. THis prologue would cover Kairi's Mark of Mastery exam, or part of it anyway.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well Nomura did say the game would begin in an unexpected place, so lets expect everything except what we want to happen.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I think you're being very generous to the writers... >_>

Never said there weren't any issues, though. But I do think people give that particular character a bit too much shit, since she has done stuff only she can do. They've set her up interestingly as a pretty unique Keyblade Wielder, now they just need to tap into that. So just call me cautiously optimistic.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

While I agree with you, they haven't inspired much faith. The character would really need to get turned around and given a reasonable amount of screen time. Kairi is a double-edged sword and they would be fools not to take advantage of that.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

What I want to happen with her is written in this post I made on Tumblr: In Which a Writer Talks About Writing... Or Not..

I also feel like the Rebirth theory will also probably come in to play with her, as well as with most everything else.

Anyway, as for KHIII, I think it's pretty clear that Kairi's going to be one of the Seven Lights. And for many games now, Kairi's wanted to help out but has sadly been sidelined, so I feel like she's finally going to have had enough here (maybe to certain people's chagrin), and will be willing to put her life on the line for what's right/people she loves.

Who knows? Maybe she'll actually end up saving her boys a few times this time (and I especially hope that KHIII develops her relationship with Riku some).

Or maybe she could square off against Maleficent, or something?

I used to have the theory, too, that Kairi's the one kink in Xehanort's plan. He either needs the Seven PoH or the Seven Guardians of Light to recreate the X-Blade (and Kairi's number seven in both of those), so maybe if she didn't fight, the Darknesses could never succeed , but I'm pretty sure this idea isn't how it'll work at all.

I'm also hoping we see her interact with some of the PoH some, as she is one herself. Maybe they can defend some things together, or she can be the voice of reason telling Snow White--for example--to come away from the Dwarf Woodlands, and to find safety at Yen Sid's tower for the time being?

Some scenes between her, Aqua, Naminé , and Xion would also be cool. I especially kind of want to see Kai and Nami go through what Sora and Rox did in Re:Coded (and somewhat DDD), where Roxas chose to show Sora all his memories, and then Sora decides to bear them for him.

Kairi also being against the Nobodies sacrificing their existences for their Others would also be nice...

Just Kairi/Naminé interaction at all would be a major win-win for me.

And I'm really praying, too, that they'll explore Kairi having issues hurting evil people, but coming to the realization that maybe she sometimes has to do that in order to defend others.

And though this isn't really plot points per se, I do want to see Kairi and Roxas finally meeting face to face, her getting to go back and see the Twilight Town gang again, and Mickey telling her that he actually met her in BbS.

...I guess there's also the idea of: "What if all the trios are connected somehow, and therefore Xehanort and Eraqus once had a "Kairi" in their own group?", which might be interesting to see (if Kairi's connected to Xehanort and Eraqus' third possible comrade, that is). Though personally, I feel like this idea is a bit TOO cliché, and I really don't want Xehanort and Eraqus to have had a two boy-to-one girl ratio thing going on.

Oh! And her going back to Radiant Garden, and asking about her Grandma there, and meeting the Restoration Committee again and helping out...

Well, it would just be great! Kairi seeing other worlds in general--and making new friends in them--would actually be to die for, imo.

And Speaking of other worlds... I want to know just how much she was aware during her time in Sora's heart in KH1, and if maybe she even met Ven then briefly.

And Sora had better finally take her flying in Neverland in this game.

And for pure fanservice-y things on my part, I want Kairi to meet the Shibuya gang and become BFFs with Shiki.

Okay, I'm done now.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

While I agree with you, they haven't inspired much faith. The character would really need to get turned around and given a reasonable amount of screen time. Kairi is a double-edged sword and they would be fools not to take advantage of that.

Yep. I'll put it this way: it's an interesting, full-of-potential yet poorly handled character. But they now have the opportunity to take full advantage of who she is as a character, so we can only hope they do to a certain extent.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

yen sid may have been the kairi of the group tbh

I don't like the idea of cycles, that is some serious anime cliche that I'd like to avoid. But kairi should truly visit radiant garden again, and not as a kidnapping this time. I have been wondering where kairi's grandma has been but she may have died. wouldn't it be some shit if KG was the female of MX and eraqus' group? I would throw my controller.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

I agree with you king_mickey rule about everything. Kairi IS a poorly utilized character, but I do think that that can change for the better (and I don't think all of her neglect was intentional by the writers, either), and she's actually done a lot more than people seem to think. Like, this is a list I made about all her contributions to the series all a while back: [Image] When it comes to Kairi.....this is me and Javelin xD - Random - KH13.com Forum - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts (Go to the ninth post on the page link, if you want to see it: it's the long "AnHeiressofaSoldier" one.)

Also, after this theory http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/203283-duh-riku-kairi-kairis-keyblade.html about the "Delivery Boy Principle", as Tinny so smartly calls it, I'm not so sure that Destiny's Embrace isn't Kai's Keyblade. Sora does imagine her wielding it in his "My friends are my power" speech in KH3D, so that seems to hint to me that it truly is hers, and that she will be starting III in a place better than Lea himself did with his Keyblade in DDD.

Also, as someone said on the last page, I would LOVE it if Kairi was the tutorial character for this game (it would make so much sense and be a nice little parallel, too!), but sadly I feel like the opening to KHIII's going to be all about young!Xehanort, so alas. I'm not giving up hope yet, though!:D

And I forgot to mention in my previous post that I think Kairi's arch-enemy for III will end up being Braig. I could get into detail about why I think this, if someone wants me to, but as I've all ready posted enough here for now, I'll just clam up about it for now. LOL.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Braig for kairi? It sounds a little strange, could you explain why you think that?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Braig for kairi? It sounds a little strange, could you explain why you think that?

Beats me, I would choose Vanitas as her arch enemy/rival:

He's connected to Sora and Ven

A possible 13th Darkness

Cryptic and would put anyone even Kairi astray from trust even to the final seat (Sora(?)

Someone close to her novice age (her age, not skill age)

Unless Braig took Kairi from her grandma during the day the Heartless invadeded her home, he's no relation to her story wise,

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Yeah, probably vanitas makes more sense. Not to mention, he will almost certainly be a darkness (yellow eyes and that jazz), I can see that happening.

Wander

Not a lot of time? This isn't a 2 hour movie. Besides, it doesn't take that much time to jump-start a character's development. And like it or not, she is still the main heroine, which automatically makes her important, not even including the PoH factor. The fact that the writers haven't known what to do with her doesn't change that.

Do you honestly think the whole ~30 hours of the game is going to be story? Like you said, it's a game, not a movie, 2 hours worth of cutscenes is being generous. Is that enough time to show off Kairi? Yes, but then again we have ~10 OTHER main characters who need development and I'd rather see that time used for these other more interesting characters. You just explained why she's a horrible character lol, she isn't relevant because of what she does, she's "important" because of what she is. She's a plot device, a macguffin, a deus ex machina, not what I'd call "main heroine".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back