• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue to release 2/18 on Xbox One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Xbox Fans will be excited later this month because the Microsoft Store has listed KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 -Final Chapter Prologue- on the Xbox One for a February 18th, 2020 release.

The collection bundles KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage, KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD, and the hour-long movie KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover. The game will take up 28.79GB of space, so be sure to clear up some space on your harddrive to be able to experience this collectio of games. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: RedMakuzawa via Twitter

AegisXIII

Awards
They are releasing them in the wrong order. 😅
Do we know if there will be some improvements or differences?

This is great. I have high hopes for a pc release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They are releasing them in the wrong order. 😅
Do we know if there will be some improvements or differences?

This is great. I have high hopes for a pc release.

It is possible that 1.5 and 2.5 will follow. I imagine we’ll need to wait for an official press release about the ports because I feel like that will be much clearer.

AegisXIII

Awards
I am really curious about the saving system in Birth By Sleep in the 1.5+2.5 by the way. Remember that they were using the ps4 save menu (only game not to have a built in menu), so they will have to redo it this time.

FFX remaster had the same issue and they implemented a beautiful menu that was reusable for the pc port. Since BBS has a complicated save system (one save per character) I am curious to see what they will come up with.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am really curious about the saving system in Birth By Sleep in the 1.5+2.5 by the way. Remember that they were using the ps4 save menu (only game not to have a built in menu), so they will have to redo it this time.

FFX remaster had the same issue and they implemented a beautiful menu that was reusable for the pc port. Since BBS has a complicated save system (one save per character) I am curious to see what they will come up with.

I wonder if that might be why we haven’t seen a listing for the first collection yet...

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That's pretty damn close, were they planning to just shadow drop it?

I wonder if that might be why we haven’t seen a listing for the first collection yet...
I kinda half-figured 1.5+2.5 would get simultaneous Switch/XB1 release, which of course is dependant on them actually announcing Switch versions 1st.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Didn't realize that these were digital-only. That's kinda silly.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm pretty excited to see how 0.2 runs on Xbox. In terms of optimization, the difference between 0.2 and KH3 on PS4 Pro is pretty night and day. 0.2 ran like crap. It had less effects, enemies, and smaller maps than 3, yet 3 ran WAY better. It's unfortunate, because there are things about 0.2 that I like quite a bit (neat areas, Phantom Aqua, Darkside) but having played KH3, 0.2 is really really hard to go back to.

Aqua's combat and air slide was also updated in KH3, in the brief interval that you play as her, making her more fun to control. I doubt it, but wouldn't it be cool if they ported that back over?

I'm just very interested in 0.2 being preserved as a kinda fun little game to revisit.

XAndrew

Awards
I'm pretty excited to see how 0.2 runs on Xbox. In terms of optimization, the difference between 0.2 and KH3 on PS4 Pro is pretty night and day. 0.2 ran like crap. It had less effects, enemies, and smaller maps than 3, yet 3 ran WAY better. It's unfortunate, because there are things about 0.2 that I like quite a bit (neat areas, Phantom Aqua, Darkside) but having played KH3, 0.2 is really really hard to go back to.

Aqua's combat and air slide was also updated in KH3, in the brief interval that you play as her, making her more fun to control. I doubt it, but wouldn't it be cool if they ported that back over?

I'm just very interested in 0.2 being preserved as a kinda fun little game to revisit.

Yeah. KH 0.2 Definitely had those issues. Though to be fair that was the first time we have played with the Unreal Engine in the series. I believe it was suppose to be a demo for KH3 right?

Back