• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► View the Phantom Green and Midnight Blue Kingdom Hearts III Keyblades in Action!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

With just 12 days to go until Kingdom Hearts III is out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Japan, Square Enix have released two videos showing off the pre-order exclusive Keyblades, Midnight Blue and Phantom Green.

These Keyblades are available with digital pre-orders of Kingdom Hearts III. Midnight Blue is available from the PlayStation Store and Phantom Green is available from the Xbox Store. Midnight Blue is also available with pre-orders of the Limited Edition Kingdom Hearts III PlayStation 4 Pro.

We have also learnt, via Goldpanner, about the passive abilities that the Seven Net Shopping DLC Keyblade provides (Available from Amazon in the US and Canada), as well as the two Keyblades shown off above:

Seven Net Shopping Store Bonus Keyblade: Dawn til Dusk strengthens fire magic

▼Abilities While Equipped 

Fire Up: raises damage dealt by fire 

Firagan: Becomes selectable from Situation Commands

Xbox One Early Purchase Bonus Keyblade: Phantom Green strengthens Thunder magic

Thunder Up: increased damage dealt by thunder 

Thundagan: becomes selectable from Situation Commands

PlayStationⓇ4 Early Purchase Bonus Keyblade: Midnight Blue strengthens blizzard magic

Blizzard Up: raises damage dealt by blizzard 

Blizzagan: Becomes selectable from Situation Commands

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I feel bad for the people who thought Midnight Blue would be available on Xbox post-release and vice versa myself included, I really liked the look of Phantom Green

Recon

Art of War
Awards
inb4 they're using Toy Story again? *sigh*

The particle effects for the Midnight Blue are awesome! I honestly wish it wasn't attached to the digital version.

As for the Phantom Green, they're rather tacky lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I added in translations from Goldpanner about the Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade (the video of which we published the other day). It enhances magic and gives the player Fire themed abilities.

Midnight Blue seems to do the same for Blizzard, and Phantom Green with Thunder.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I added in translations from Goldpanner about the Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade (the video of which we published the other day). It enhances magic and gives the player Fire themed abilities.

Midnight Blue seems to do the same for Blizzard, and Phantom Green with Thunder.

It looks like Goldpanner has updated that they unlock -gan Tier spells rather than -ga. Just a heads up!

Awards
I'm loving Midnight Blue already. Wonder if it has a form or transformation...it'll probably be Second Form but it's good to wonder.

Also loving that Hurricane Period style finisher.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’m mad that these are not only console exclusive but also have unique abilities. I feel ripped off?
Cancel your pre-order tbh. Everyone else who has the tiniest issues with the game is doing it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Edit: can this thread NOT become about the leaker? Please?

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I'm actually laughing because of how boring this marketing is. The leaker is actually doing a better job in hype me up.

It was thanks to him that I finally know how big the Disney Worlds can be. Square only shows story spoilers or flashy gameplay and it came to the point, there's nothing new that's interesting enough for the latter.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Phantom Green's particle effects being the XBox logo looks so lame. Why couldn't it have been the controller buttons like with Midnight Blue?

wolfshadow0118

So if we didn't pre-order digitally, will star seeker still be obtainable without the exclusive skins?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cancel your pre-order tbh. Everyone else who has the tiniest issues with the game is doing it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Edit: can this thread NOT become about the leaker? Please?

Oh. I already cancelled my Pro, Amazon order, GS preorder, and my Amazon JP order...

I'm actually laughing because of how boring this marketing is. The leaker is actually doing a better job in hype me up.

It was thanks to him that I finally know how big the Disney Worlds can be. Square only shows story spoilers or flashy gameplay and it came to the point, there's nothing new that's interesting enough for the latter.

No leaker mentions! He does not exist here in this section.

Phantom Green's particle effects being the XBox logo looks so lame. Why couldn't it have been the controller buttons like with Midnight Blue?

Even SE knows the Xbox version of the game won’t sell as well as the PS4 one so they prioritized. (Also the lack of buttons makes me hope they are genuinely thinking about giving PS4 players this Keyblade as well down the line)

So if we didn't pre-order digitally, will star seeker still be obtainable without the exclusive skins?

I don’t believe so. It hasn’t been announced in any promo material for KH3.

maximumlight8

Awards
The "gan" in Japanese is basically za/ja in English.

So the keyblades give you a thundaja, blizzaja, or firaja situation command. They also showcased the amazon keyblade, which is fire based.

[video=youtube;XurbbFKK790]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XurbbFKK790[/video]

Also, the PlayStation keyblade shows 2nd form M, so I guess there's a 2nd keyblade with 2nd form other than KK.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The PS controller buttons are iconic imagery. Xbox's controller buttons are just buttons. It makes perfect sense to me why they would go with the Xbox ball logo thing as opposed to having particle effects with ABYX or whatever.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm still thinking that the variants will be dlc post release.

They might be per console, but there's no chance that Phantom Green will be on PS4 or Midnight Blue will be on XBONE. The Amazon keyblade may be available on both though. They would have to change the whole look of each keyblade to put them on the other consoles.

Back