• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Mickey: The True Original Exhibition to feature artwork by Tetsuya Nomura

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This year marks the 90th birthday of Mickey Mouse, and the year has been full of amazing festivities to celebrate the iconic Disney mascot's creation. Beginning November 8th, Mickey: The True Original Exhibition will open up to the public featuring art from dozens of artists around the world, including art by Kingdom Hearts series creator and director Tetsuya Nomura.

Mickey: The True Original Exhibition celebrates 90 years of Mickey Mouse’s influence on art and pop culture. Opening in November 2018, this immersive experience is inspired by Mickey’s status as a ‘true original’ and his consistent impact on the arts and creativity in all its forms. Guests will have the chance to explore the 16,000 square-foot exhibition featuring both historic and contemporary work from renowned artists.

Dates: November 8, 2018 – February 10, 2019
Ticket Price: $38

PURCHASE TICKETS

Featured Artists: 

Darren Romanelli

Amanda Ross-Ho
Kenny Scharf Tanya Aguiñiga
Shinique Smith Daniel Arsham
London Kaye Brian Roettinger 
Brian Bress Katherine Bernhardt 
Oliver Clegg  Keichi Tanaami
Oliver Payne  Ariana Papademetropoulos
James Jean Michael Bosanko 
PEACEMINUSONE James Fauntleroy
John Rankin  Michael John Kelly 
Javier Sanchez Medina  Tetsuya Nomura

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook, and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Thanks to forum user gosoxtim for the tip!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m trying to arrange a trip to NY for January...besides Nomura’s art, I want to see all of the cool art. And go to NYC, drive through the boroughs...

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I always had a feeling Mickey was the true original exhibitionist.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, you don't want to do that.

Forgive me, I’m thinking like a Los Angeles girl. Ride the subway to a certain point and walk the rest of the way through maybe one or two boroughs then promptly leave the island to somewhere less busy.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if KH might get some recognition during Sunday’s broadcast of Mickey’s 90th birthday spectacular.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean while it would have been nice, I don’t think anybody should have expected anything less. Kingdom Hearts just isn’t in the mainstream like that. They weren’t going to waste time in their multimillion dollar prime-time special to bring attention to it.

If it were closer to release, we probably would have gotten a commercial for it during the break but alas...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean while it would have been nice, I don’t think anybody should have expected anything less. Kingdom Hearts just isn’t in the mainstream like that. They weren’t going to waste time in their multimillion dollar prime-time special to bring attention to it.

If it were closer to release, we probably would have gotten a commercial for it during the break but alas...

The most i was hoping for was something where they showed clips of Mickey across various forms of media or something. I think video games are the one form of media Disney doesn’t really have a solid grasp on though, so it isn’t surprising they didn’t show any video game versions of him. It probably would have thrown normies off too much. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back