• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS ?[chi] - Development Team Report #6

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
[b][PLAIN]KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] - Development Team Report #6[/PLAIN][/b]

Hey, KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] players! If you've been staying up to date with the game, you've probably noticed that things have hit a bit of a speed bump as of late. All previous updates were eaten up like candy, and it seemed as though the speed of the updates couldn't keep up with the expectations and eagerness of the game's audience. 

Thankfully, there's a new report from the development team detailing what we can look forward to in the near future. Special mention goes to Daybreak Town's newest visitors! Who could they be, and what are they here for?

Thanks to Zephyr, you can read the translations below:

KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] 1 Year Anniversary!
Big events will be held!

Who are those characters that made an appearance!?

What is this mysterious flying object that crashed into Daybreak Town?

A big appreciation campaign! Who will be in the Hall of Fame Players!?
Awards will be given to players who have played KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] for various achievements.

(Question mark is placed over text)
Cumulative LUX Total
Maximum Damage
Total Number of Support
Total Number of Heartless Defeated
Total Number of Card Recovery
Total Number of Raid Boss Battles

Held in mid-July!

You can make the ultimate card!
A new system called “Ultimate Card” (Tentative Title)

Further increase High Purity Cards!
Synthesize High Purity (SR+) + High Purity (SR+) to increase its stats!

Some base stats of the card’s attack and defense are added and it becomes the Ultimate Card (Tentative Title).
(Effects last forever)

※ Assist Cards strengthen LUX and HP.

Even after it has been changed into the Ultimate Card, it can be stronger and stronger!

I made the Ultimate Riku Card!

※ It’s possible that details and specifications are subjected to change.

The Story Expands!!

You’ve seen it yet? The climax of Dwarf Woodlands!

Olympus Coliseum has been expanded! You can battle with Cloud!

Releases late June.

Enjoy the updates!

SourceSQEX BRIDGE

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Hm, seeing this translation, I agree with Kazr that it sounds like the anniversary event is about lifetime stats, though I do sort of hope it's something else (an achievement system?) because like a lot of players, I haven't been here since the start. Sounds like it will be a pretty big event, though! This is one of the shorter dev letters, which makes me think the Anniversary is taking up a lot of their time...

Still not keen on those Ultimate cards, but if it means power creep for the rest of us, maybe not so bad.

Certainly looking forward to Olympus Coliseum, Cloud and the Underworld!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I sure hope the anniversary event is about achievement that stays effective for days to come, like team Lux accumulation rewards. That's to say, you'll get rewarded once you hit certain checkpoints in the number of Raid Bosses defeated, personal Lux gain, et cetera.

And huh, MDG will make an appearance? That would be interesting. I'm guessing they crash-landed in Daybreak Town when navigating through space with their gummi ship.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
With the appeareance of Mickey, Donald & Goofy KHχ officially jumped the shark. The Ultimate Card also sounds like a bad idea, why would I sacrifice three other HP SR+ cards if I don't know the outcome?

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com
The Total Numbers of stuff we did over the following year is going to be calculated as our Achievement threshold, i like that since a lot of stuff happened during those months to accumulate high value numbers to get those awards.

Ultimate SR+ cards is a good idea since i just have to use 1 SR+ card into another SR+ card to increase it's base stats, but i can see it primarily being useful for cards to somewhat be an equal to or greater than a base SR+ Key Art card, so i'm hoping what they'll be doing with this.

Really glad to see Olympus finally getting an update (long overdue... ._.), hopefully they do what the pictures say and it being late June.... -_-

Thank you for the Translation :D

The Ultimate Card also sounds like a bad idea, why would I sacrifice three other HP SR+ cards if I don't know the outcome?

I don't think you'll need to use 3 into 1, it does show 1 to 1, so we assume the 3 to 1 is more of way to make it stronger than it already is, it does say "even after it's changed into the Ultimate card, it can be stronger and stronger", well it's still in Development so it can change during the process of inputting it into the game.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
With the appeareance of Mickey, Donald & Goofy KHχ officially jumped the shark. The Ultimate Card also sounds like a bad idea, why would I sacrifice three other HP SR+ cards if I don't know the outcome?

Why do you think it has jumped the shark, if I may ask? Since the game's status is still non-canon (save for that one part of the Script) until specified otherwise, the developers have much leeway in incorporating stuff from the main games into Chi, so I personally think it's a welcome addition. Not necessarily a good one as we haven't seen what they are up to, but a refreshing one nonetheless.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Why do you think it has jumped the shark, if I may ask? Since the game's status is still non-canon (save for that one part of the Script) until specified otherwise, the developers have much leeway in incorporating stuff from the main games into Chi, so I personally think it's a welcome addition. Not necessarily a good one as we haven't seen what they are up to, but a refreshing one nonetheless.
You're right of course but I until now I thought at least the main story (Chirithy and the Foretellers) would be unique and new with the pre-exisiting Disney worlds, characters and the Emblem Heartless being just a medium (with recognition value) to tell it.
With the arrival of the MDG this changes because now it's really mixing stuff up like in a bad fanfic. Maybe Kairi's Grandma just incorporates the time when the King visited Ansem to get a certain point across in her story but that's probably wishful thinking too.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I don't think anything about the quality of the writing makes the story less unique (you say "until now" you thought it was unique). It's still covering a new period of the story, it's just not very well written. I'm with Solo, I don't feel the poor quality is news, so it doesn't really impact my experience - you have to have been above the shark to jump the shark. I still feel the unique angle of the story is, like Solo put it, refreshing. Sorry that's not the case for you. :(

Actually, seeing MDG is strangely encouraging to me. Maybe they have answers for the inconsistencies? Probably not.

Maybe we're in the Datascape. My favourite "explain chi for fun" theory was time travel, but MDG make me wonder. That place is crawling with modern Heartless, and existing storylines. It's a stretch. But the stretches sustain me.

It does bug me that I can come up with two separate explanations, no matter how many consequences they might hold, to explain away the problems, while Success Inc and Nomura are just messing things up more. Especially when it's putting fans off.

Last edited:

ttyyww92

Awards
I guess when SR+ ultimate card release in the future, we can build our deck based on which character we want, or attack animation.
example like full deck of Sora, or Riku, or Aqua~~~
Just my opinion~~~

Eir

Awards
I already know it's probably not going to happen, but it would be nice if we could contribute SR+ cards that haven't been HP'd towards building an Ultimate card somehow, maybe only boosting stats by a fraction instead of half or something. I have too many stray SR+ cards I have no idea what to do with at the moment.

While I do like the idea of being able to pick and choose whichever SR+ you like and boost it up, it's pretty much just gonna blow the power gap wide open.

As for the story - from what I understand, a lot of browser games feature stories that aren't canon or do all kinds of crazy stuff. The Bravely Default one is a good example. I honestly wouldn't worry about it at all, in my opinion.

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com
I already know it's probably not going to happen, but it would be nice if we could contribute SR+ cards that haven't been HP'd towards building an Ultimate card somehow, maybe only boosting stats by a fraction instead of half or something. I have too many stray SR+ cards I have no idea what to do with at the moment.
Reading this, it would be nice if something like this was inputted as well, but it's still in development so several changes can happen. D:

Tigerruss

Awards
I don't think anything about the quality of the writing makes the story less unique (you say "until now" you thought it was unique). It's still covering a new period of the story, it's just not very well written. I'm with Solo, I don't feel the poor quality is news, so it doesn't really impact my experience - you have to have been above the shark to jump the shark. I still feel the unique angle of the story is, like Solo put it, refreshing. Sorry that's not the case for you. :(

Actually, seeing MDG is strangely encouraging to me. Maybe they have answers for the inconsistencies? Probably not.

Maybe we're in the Datascape. My favourite "explain chi for fun" theory was time travel, but MDG make me wonder. That place is crawling with modern Heartless, and existing storylines. It's a stretch. But the stretches sustain me.

It does bug me that I can come up with two separate explanations, no matter how many consequences they might hold, to explain away the problems, while Success Inc and Nomura are just messing things up more. Especially when it's putting fans off.

I still say that it is quite possible that the majority of KHx takes place in a magic story book.

Hmm, SR+ ultimate cards might make it so the top players get EVEN more powerful, but in my opinion it isn't a bad idea. Especially if they don't want to add a new rarity. Also eventually, because of card recycling, players will have HPed SR+ cards that are rotting away doing nothing. This system will make them do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back