• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yoko Shimomura's New Album "memória!" Will Feature Kingdom Hearts Music!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Six years ago, Yoko Shimomura released Drammatica, an orchestral album featuring the best of her musical compositions for games like Kingdom HeartsFront Mission, the Mana series, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII (now Final Fantasy XV). This year marks the composer's 25th anniversary of making phenomenal, iconic video game music and to celebrate she will be releasing a new best-of album, memória!

The 25th anniversary album will feature new arrangements of popular music from Kingdom HeartsSeiken Densetsu: Legend of ManaLive A Live, and more. 

The word "memória" means "memory" in Portuguese and her hopes for this album are to revive the memories of playing the games she's composed for by listening to this album.

"A commemoration for Yoko Shimomura, who somehow managed to survived in the world in the past quarter century," with the Best Album. (laughs)

I think this time I tied together various directions in various songs and in this sense, the album seems very complete to me.

By all means, please enjoy and be happy!

memória! will release March 26th 2014 for 3150 Yen ($30 USD) and you can pre-order the album right now from the Square Enix eStore, Amazon Japan, and the Sony Music Shop.

What are you all hoping to see on the album? Tell us in the comments below!

Also, don't forget to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all the latest Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts 3 news!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Yoko Shimomura's New Album "memória!" Will Feature Kingdom Hearts Music!

Does this mean a new arrangement of some of her existing pieces, like those in Drammatica? Oh my gosh, that would be truly awesome! I don't know why, but I'm already picturing the orchestrated version of Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion and / or Vector to the Heavens.

I'm so excited about this and I hope they are willing to ship to where I live.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

BTW you CAN order international from Amazon Japan. I just ordered mine for $40 USD (it's $10 for shipping) so no need to find an import site. Just make an Amazon JPN account and you're all good~

Does this mean a new arrangement of some of her existing pieces, like those in Drammatica? Oh my gosh, that would be truly awesome! I don't know why, but I'm already picturing the orchestrated version of Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion and / or Vector to the Heavens.

I'm so excited about this and I hope they are willing to ship to where I live.

Yes. Perhaps I should include that to make it clear xD

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Yes, yes, yes so much yes! Thank you! This news made my day. Huuuuge fan of her work. I have been waiting for a follow up to Drammatica ever since I got it! From her Kingdom Hearts compositions, I would love to hear some medleys of battle and field themes (like Enchanted Forest turning into The Rustling Forest, preferably with newly written sections for this arrangement, to make it less repetitive).

Would love to see the final boss theme from Radiant Historia on there too and maybe something from Parasite Eve!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

FUN FACT: Drammatica was released March 26th 2008. memória! will be released March 26th 2014. Yay for coincidences~

Would love to see the final boss theme from Radiant Historia on there too and maybe something from Parasite Eve!

She's only concentrating on work she did for Square Enix, so no Radiant Historia (or Xenoblade or anything else like that :c)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Aaw, bummer! At least there's still a possibility of something from Parasite Eve then! A lot of us fans felt like any music from that game in particular was greatly missed on the first album.

Imagine this with a real orchestra:

[video=youtube;2lf7lOQALgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lf7lOQALgU[/video]

limit

*rainbows on the inside*
Yoko Shimomura is hands down my fav composer. Very excited for this!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Aaw, bummer! At least there's still a possibility of something from Parasite Eve then! A lot of us fans felt like any music from that game in particular was greatly missed on the first album.

Oh that'd be gorgeous orchestrated! And maybe have Judith Siirila Paskowitz sing again.

I'd love to hear Theme of Aya orchestrated, personally.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Holy—that gave me goosebumps! Reminds me of the very first time I faced Melissa on the stage...

If there's going to be Parasite Eve, then I really would like to hear the orchestrated versions of the Ultimate Being medley and Maya battle theme, too. Imagine the epicness.

yesmikan

Am I crazy for wanting to hear (another) sneak peek of Final Fantasy XV? We got "Somnus" on 2008's "drammatica." Two best-of albums and no game they came from.

Would love some Parasite Eve though. One of my favorite Shimomura works.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Am I crazy for wanting to hear (another) sneak peek of Final Fantasy XV? We got "Somnus" on 2008's "drammatica." Two best-of albums and no game they came from.

Would love some Parasite Eve though. One of my favorite Shimomura works.

No you aren't crazy. I'm dying to get a chance to hear both the 2011 trailer track and the 2013 one.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Just have to reiterate the desire for Parasite Eve to be acknowledged this time around. I feel like it's some of her strongest work, and it got slighted on "The Very Best of" album.

I would also love some more obscure tracks to be rearranged. The hybrid track "Twinkle Twinkle Holidays", made up of KH's Neverland field theme and KH2FM's Christmas Town battle theme, was just sheer genius. I hope we can expect more of this creative experimentation.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

What about Mario RPG? She did work for that, right? That was a Square developed title.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Drammatica really is one of the best soundtracks I've ever listened to. Yes please to anything. Be it new XV tracks, Xion's theme, the Xenoblade Chronicles intro theme, basically whatever.

KHRULER

Awards

meme-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-have-emotions-but-when-i-do-i-m-listening-to-kingdom-hearts-music-5ca7e9.jpg

XD So excited!

Lluvia

Looking forward Aqua, Terra and Ventus themes. Would be awesome if Shimomura manage to bring back Drammatica's goosebumps like did with Destati's arrangement
Sinfonia Drammatica - Destati - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back