• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura answers questions about KH3 and HD 2.5 ReMIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Tetsuya Nomura, creator of our beloved Kingdom Hearts series was recently interviewed by Dengeki PlayStation about his upcoming titles, KINGDOM HEARTS III, KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 2.5 ReMIX- and FINAL FANTASY XV.

In the interview, translated by Olivia at SQEX.info, Nomura talks about the next generation of consoles and how the game Titanfall had left an impression on him. Mainly because of how the high presence and realistic battles, combined with giant robots seemed quite interesting to him.

In regards to having participated in events such as E3 and D23 Expo Japan, Nomura was very pleased at meeting fans and experiencing their excitement for himself, after such a long absence from events. He added that he was working hard on releasing the second HD collection for KINGDOM HEARTS next year, along with working his hardest on releasing both KINGDOM HEARTS III and FINAL FANTASY XV as soon as possible.

Asked about the next generation of gaming consoles, Nomura mentioned that he would be watching people's reactions for them as closely as possible, adding that their opinions might partly influence the development of KH3 and FFXV.

When he was finally asked about this year in gaming, Nomura answered that the current generation of consoles would push the social market trend for another year, until the next generation will ultimately decide the future of the consumer market. Finally, Nomura mentioned that he had a multifunctional hybrid market in mind for the next generation, in regards to interacting with other devices. 

Source: SQEX.info
Thanks to forum member Sephiroth0812 for the find!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Nomura answers questions about KH3 and 2.5 HD ReMIX

Aw, beaten to a punch. A friend of mine shared this on Facebook and I thought it would be a rather cool tidbit to share here, but I was too late.

One thing that interests me though is the fourth point, in which Nomura mentioned about how important, at least partially, players' opinions are. In what ways do you think that those opinions on the new gaming systems will influence the titles being developed, and approximately to what degree?

sonicman874

well the reason i believe for him saying that is it depends what gaming platforms are doing well like ps4 and one are largely successful while still doing okay the wiiu now i hope im not bringing up a console war but they support console with their best games when they do well seeing that the wii u will sadly not be getting kingdom hearts and they use the excuse that it runs in direct x11 whille wiiu runs in direct x 10 but still its possible bcuz they in early development not a finished game yet and wii u even though it not as powerfull still is plenty and they could easly support it but becuase of it not selling extremely well there not supporting it yet but mind them if kingdom hearts was on wii u it would sell like hot cakes at least announcing a sub-series will sell the wiiu but someday maybe.. but it could also mean how theyre going to use downloadable content like say ps4 will get a specific dlc while xbox one gets one and that humongous keyblade system being implemented scream downloadable content

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Glad he thought Titanfall looked amazing. It's definitely quite the marvel of a game. I'm tempted to upgrade my PC to play it...

Well, we're all rooting him and the various teams on! Nextgen will definitely decide where we're headed, but considering the huge launch numbers in NA and EU thus far, I think we're in for a very solid console generation. We aren't 100% social/mobile yet.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Woot 2.5 by next year, please make it happen nomura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back