• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Yu Yu Hakusho: Rise of the Demons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blaze

Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Yu Yu Hakusho: Rise of the Demons

Chapter 1
“A New Detective”

The sun dawned in a city of Japan. The birds were chirping their hypnotic melodies; the sky was an ocean blue. The clouds flowed through the air as the time shafted. The rays of the giant star known as the sun gleamed down on Tyson’s face. His mother knocked on the door, letting him know it was time to wake up and get ready for school. He slowly sat up, sleeping in nothing but his favorite black boxers. He yawned briefly before stretching out, showing his physically fit body. He looked in the mirror and flexed his bicep, smiling, and then moving on into the bathroom and taking a well-needed shower. The water went from a chilling cold to a soothing hot temperature. The drop’s of water hitting his face was enough to wake him up. He jumped out of the shower, brushing his teeth, and finally spiking his jet-black hair up. He showed off his pearly whites and then gave himself a thumb’s up. “Looking good there Tyson.” He said in a cocky tone. He threw on his black school uniform, making sure that he wore his pants sagging. He walked out of his room, kissed his mother, Keiko and ran off for school. She may have been older, but she still kept her beautiful face and sweet essence.

Tyson took his time getting to school, knowing that he would be late. As soon as he hit the corner, he could already hear his best friends annoying yelling. “URAMESHI!!! URAMESHI!!!” Tyson stopped in his tracks and turned around. “Urameshi, wait up for me!!” His friend’s yellow, tall spiked up hair blew in the wind as he charged towards Tyson. In case you were wondering, Tyson is indeed the son of famous Spirit Detective, Yusuke Urameshi. Being at the young age of 16, Tyson had quite the reputation, just like his father did. Some would refer to Tyson as the school’s bully or jerk. Other would refer to him as a brainless asshole that has the temper of a child.

“Okay, okay, you don’t have to scream like a baby Kazubara.” He calmly responded. Kazubara was the son of Kuwabara, having the same ugly mug as his father the same stubbornness too. The two walked side by side, you could easily tell Kazubara was the taller one from a mile away. Knowing each other since they were born, Kazubara and Tyson were like brothers. They continued walking to school, passing stores and certain places where they would hang out. Kazubara and Tyson had been through a lot together, but somehow they always worked as a team to get through life’s obstacles.

“Urameshi, you know we’re going to be late again. We might as well skip school.” Kazubara offered.

“Naw, I actually want to go to school for a change.” Kazubara laughed to himself on the inside. They made it to school and hurried down the hallway, like a pack of raging bulls. They kicked the door open and tried to sneak pass the teacher, making it to their seats. Tyson let out a sigh of relieve, happy that the teacher didn’t catch him.

“Late again, Mr. Urameshi and Mr. Kuwabara. Detention for both of you.” The teacher scoffed, continuing to write the day’s lesson on the board. Tyson paid no attention to him however, ignoring every thing he had just said. The whole time, Tyson was looking at the most beautiful girl in the school. She was like an angel. Her name was Naomi Takara, and she had known Tyson since they were in middle school. Her long black hair was slouched over her shoulder, tied in its usual ponytail. Her skin was a peach like complexion, soft as the warmest blanket. Her eyes were of hazel color, enough to pierce anyone’s soul. Her lips were full and from past experience, tasted like forbidden fruit, but in the good way. Sad thing was, no matter how much they felt for each other, neither one of them would ever step up and admit they had feelings for each other. Though Naomi is sweet as candy, she can switch into anger mode at any minute.

She sometimes couldn’t stand the fact that Tyson was so stubborn and acted like a child at times. She especially can’t stand when Tyson does something rude or offensive to her, for that, he usually gets a hard smack to the face. Naomi is also a prize student, athletic, intelligent, out-going, and very popular; which poses the question of why she likes Tyson so much. She looked over to him and gave him one of her innocent smiles, waving at him from across the room. Tyson was knocked out of his gaze just as the bell rang. It was already time for recess; even though it had only felt like some seconds had passed by. But that can happen when Tyson’s mind is focused or just thinking about Naomi. Tyson and Kazubara hung around some trees as the other students chat in their groups and ate their lunches. Tyson watched Naomi play volleyball with some other girls. “So Urameshi, when are going to stop acting like a wimp and tell her how you truly feel?”

Tyson eyed Kazubara from the side of his eyes. “Kazubara, a girl like her, isn’t meant for a guy like me. Plan and simple.”

“That sounds like a wimp’s answer to me.” He said, chuckling off to the side. Before he could enjoy it, a fist came from behind and crashed into the back of his skull, knocking him down. Tyson finished stomping him into the ground and then walked away. Kazubara picked up the remains of his face and teeth up off the ground and followed after him.

“Where the hell are you going Urameshi??” Kazubara yelled. Tyson kept walking, somewhat ignoring Kazubara but finally giving into his blatant whining.

“Don’t know, but somewhere away from here. School is boring me, so I need something to do to pass the time I guess.” To most people, Tyson seemed very happy, but he really wasn’t. Tyson was missing the one thing that every child needed as they became a young man, and that was a father. His father, Yusuke, had been missing ever since he was a child. Koenma called Yusuke to Spirit World for one last mission and when Yusuke left off into Demon Realm, but sadly, never returned. He left behind Tyson and his older sister, Akina to be raised by their mother. At one point, Yusuke’s best friends even searched for him. But Hiei and Kurama found no signs of him. Kuwabara was the last to give up after searching for him for more than two years. Tyson still believes his father is alive, even if no one else does. It was mainly the reason he was perceived as emotionless sometimes. He wasn’t a loner, but he liked being the lone wolf. Tyson and Kazubara continued walking down the streets of Japan when they heard the screeches of tires braking across the cement street. Two cars crashed head on into each other. Kazubara stopped Tyson by placing his hand on his shoulder and squeezing it firmly. Tyson stopped and looked back. “What now Kazubara?”

Kazubara’s face wasn’t laughable anymore. He was dead serious. There’s a demon around here. I can feel it. It’s close by.”

Tyson looked around, searching for the demon’s energy. He looked far down the street and saw a red demon, running across the street. Apparently, it was the one that caused the accident. “Kazubara, it’s running into the park!” Tyson and Kazubara chased after the demon, preparing to kill it. Meanwhile, in Spirit Realm, a now grown Koenma was sitting in his favorite blue chair, stamping away at important papers. He was now the King of Spirit World and some how he managed to still make time to hand out spankings to his workers who have done him wrong. Being bored out of his mind was a daily thing for Koenma. Ogre then burst through his huge doors with a letter in his hand and a look that seemed like he had ants in his pants.

“What now Ogre? And it better be important.” Koenma scoffed.

“Sir, we have an important letter from an old friend of yours.” Ogre answered, handing the letter over to Koenma. His eyes scanned and searched through the letter. As he reached the end of it, his eyes grew larger and larger.

“WHAT?!?!? This is important Ogre! But what can we do?”

“Actually sir, I’m glad you asked. I was thinking that we should get some new Spirit Detectives.” Ogre suggested.

Koenma sat there, pondering the idea, perhaps making a plan. “I got it!! We’ll find some new Spirit Detectives!!! Aren’t I a genius??” Koenma exclaimed. Ogre dropped dead on his face, a huge sweat drop falling from his face.

“…Yes sir, you are brilliant.”

“But who could be our new detectives Ogre?” Koenma asked.

“I’m glad you asked. I’ve been keeping track of Yusuke and Kuwabara’s sons and let me tell you, those two are ready. They could be some great detectives. I’ve kept track of them ever since they were little, checking out their spirit energies. They are very impressive sir for their age.”

“Okay, then Tyson and Kazubara it is. Oh and Ogre, send Kiyoshi to go get them.” Koenma ordered.

“Right away sir.” Ogre walked down the hallway and into Kiyoshi’s chamber. “Kiyoshi, Koenma has an assignment for you. You are to go to the Human Realm and pick up Tyson Urameshi and Kazubara Kuwabara. Here’s a picture of them.” She looked at the picture, giggling at the sight of Kazubara’s weird pose.

“The one of the left is cute. Too bad I’m the Grim Reaper.” Ogre gave her a look signaling for her to hurry up. “Okay, okay, geez.” Kiyoshi grabbed her long purple branch and flew off to Human Realm, since she was also a pilot of the River Styx. Back in Human Realm, Tyson and Kazubara hunted down the demon and managed to corner him. The red demon shivered in fear as he could easily feel Tyson and Kazubara’s spirit energy. Tyson looked down on him, knowing that he could destroy the demon with only his fist.

“You have two choices, either leave and go back to whatever little hole you crawled out of. Or, you make this hard, and I’ll introduce you to my fists.” The demon looked around, quickly lashing out at Tyson with a cheap shot, but Tyson moved his head in time, missing the demons blow. “Wrong answer.” Tyson pulled his fist back and smashed it into the demon’s face, breaking every bone in it. The demon covered his face in pain, rolling around on the ground. Tyson went to finish it, but the demon teleported away, escaping back into Demon Realm. “Damn, he got away. Oh well, whoa, what the hell is that?” Kazubara turned his attention to the sky to see a girl flying down towards them on a purple branch. She lowered to the ground and jumped off, walking up to Tyson and Kazubara. The girl seemed to look young, having short, black hair with purple highlights, coming to her neck just about. She wore small, thin, black glasses that hung on her nose, fitting there perfectly. She had a purple collar around her neck with a bell on it. She was also wearing an all black dress with black stocking gloves and stockings on her legs, with pink heels. Kazubara drooled over her, his spit actually dripping from his mouth, as he was staring into her precious dark purple eyes.

“So, you two must be Tyson Urameshi and Kazubara right?” She asked with a cute smile.

“Yeah and the hell wants to know?” Tyson responded.

“I do, Mr. Attitude. I’ve been sent here by Koenma to bring you two to Spirit Realm. So, you commin’ or what?”

Kazubara stepped in front of Tyson, a look of seriousness on his face and two hearts bulging from his eyes. “Urameshi, if this goddess wants us, then lets not make it difficult for her. I’ll go with you my beautiful queen!” Kazubara yelled, sticking his chest out like he was a man. Tyson stood off to the side, his eyes looking the other way.

“……you are ridiculous.” Tyson then nodded and walked up to Kiyoshi. “So, before we go, do you have a name?”

“I’m Kiyoshi, and I’m glad you decided to come, or else I would’ve had to use force. Hop on and hold on to your seats, this is going to be a bumpy ride.” She snatched Tyson’s hand away from him and pulled him up on the branch. Kazubara jumped on and they were off to Spirit Realm. They flew deep into the white clouds, some of them looking as delicious as marshmallows. After flying for some time, they descended from the clouds flying over an ocean with a baby blue coloring to it. The sky was at a purple fade. The clouds soon changed from white to pink. This was Spirit Realm, an amazing site to those who are seeing it for the first time. They landed right in front of a huge blue castle. “Come on lads, I’ll show to Koenma now.” The gigantic doors creaked open and they stepped into the castle. Kiyoshi showed Tyson and Kazubara around, pointing out the important ogre’s and other nice apparitions that work for Koenma. She showed them to a two red doors now and stopped. “Alright, this is it. Koenma’s room. Go on, open it up.” She commanded. Tyson glanced at her, then at Kazubara and nodded, opening the door. As they stepped into the room, they saw the black of a blue chair. A blue ogre was standing next to it, with a gleeful smile on his face. The chair spun around and Tyson and Kazubara got their first glimpse at the ruler of Spirit World, Koenma.

“Welcome Tyson and Kazubara. I am Koenma. I’m quite sure you’ve heard the stories of me from both of your fathers.”

Tyson closed his eyes and smirked. “Yeah, my dad told me he took orders from a kid who sucked on a pacifier. And from the looks of it, he wasn’t far from the truth.” Tyson scoffed.

Koenma became a little irritated by his statement. He spit out his pacifier and gazed into Tyson’s eyes. He giggled to himself. “What the hell is so funny?” Tyson yelled, his fist clinching up. Koenma looked down, concentrating on Tyson again.

“You are just like your father, just like him. Stubborn, brash, and a temper that can explode off instinct. Tyson, I brought you two here for a reason, not to tell you about me. I’ve brought you here to make a proposition. I would like for you and Kazubara to become my new Spirit Detectives.” Tyson and Kazubara were stunned. Both of them had dreamed of one day being detectives like their fathers, but Tyson was more dedicated to it. He wanted to become a Spirit Detective to find his father. “And Tyson, if you decide to take my offer, I guarantee that I will allow you to look for your father, since I take the blame for his disappearance.”

Tyson and Kazubara looked at each other and knew that this was it. They nodded to each other and looked back at Koenma. “Koenma, it would be an honor to become Spirit Detectives.”

Koenma smiled, jumping up in joy. “That’s the answer I hoped for! But, before I tell you about your first mission, you two have to prove to me that you’re worthy of being Spirit Detectives. I know you two can handle spirit energy quite well, but you have the energy in you Tyson to produce a new spirit attack. One that is not like your father’s.”

“Okay, so how do we prove ourselves?” Tyson asked, Kazubara looking just as confused.

“Like this.” Koenma pushed a red button on his desk and the floor beneath Tyson and Kazubara slowly opened, dropping the two down a dark pitfall. The two fell to the ground, not getting hurt to bad. Tyson brushed the dust off of his uniform and looked up to where the light was beaming down on them.

“What the hell was that for?” He shouted. Suddenly all the lights cut on and Tyson and Kazubara were immediately alarmed. A whole crowd of demons circled around them, licking their teeth, some drooling, others sharpening their claws on themselves. Tyson and Kazubara got into their fighting stances, prepared for this crowd of overwhelming demons.

“If you can defeat all these demons, not only will I reward you with a spirit attack, but you two can become Spirit Detectives.” Koenma declared. Tyson smirked; he would finally be able to let out some of his aggression on all these demons. Kazubara grabbed his arm, a green light shining out.

“Spirit Sword!!!” As he yelled this, a sword of green energy formed in his hand. He ran towards the demons, slashing away at them. Some of their bodies were cut clean in half. Other’s were missing limbs and heads. Tyson ran towards his side of the crowd, punching his way through them. He smashed his fist into the top of one of the demons head, using it as a catapult, he jumped off his head and kicked another demon, sending his body flying into three others. He grabbed the last demon and spun him around violently in circles similar to a tornado and chucked his body into all the remaining demons. He body crashed into them like a bowling ball, knocking them all over like they were pins. He put his arm out, making a gun with his hand, extending his index finger at all of them. He was aiming, preparing to use something powerful. A red light sparkled from his finger.

“Spirit Gun!!” A small, but effective red steam of energy emerged from his finger, decimating all the demons and turning them into nothing more but dust. He blew the smoke from his finger and they jumped back up to Koenma’s office. “Was that good enough?” Tyson asked with in a cocky tone.

“Well done. I didn’t think you would destroy all them that easily. You two really are something! Now, for that attack I promised you.” Koenma closed his eyes and concentrated on Tyson’s hand. He opened his eyes and smiled. “All done.” Tyson looked around and was very confused.

“What did you do??”

“Try it out. It’s your new attack, the Spirit Blaze.”

*(Spirit Blaze: By producing a large amount of energy in his palm, Tyson is able to fire off a small, but devasting blast from his palm. Its power ranges higher that the Spirit Shotgun.)

Tyson was astonished. He had his own spirit attack. He closed his fist and looked back at Koenma. “So, did we get accepted or what?”

“Of course you two got accepted! Tyson and Kazubara, I now declare you two official Spirit World Detectives!”

Preview of Chapter 2
“House of Traps: The Deadly Demon, Hyuga”
Koenma gives Tyson and Kazubara their first mission. They return to Human world, on a mission to find a master’s daughter. After getting some clues, they find out that she’s being held in the House of Traps. They end up in trying to fight for their lives in this house made of traps, with a demon on each floor.

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
Wee, this is me again, restating my opinion since the last thread's gone now.

This story is awesome. It really captures the feel of the show, and is quite detailed to boot. Keep it up!

I wish Yu Yu would come back on Cartoon Network (gives strange looks to the Zatch Bell and badly badly dubbed One Piece shows)

Just Blaze

Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Chapter 1 - Part 2:
Hellfire in training; Enter Ryuko

“Stand up, boy! Right now!!” shouted a large man sitting on a large throne.

The boy he was referring to was currently sprawled, face-down on the ground with his long red hair splayed around his body. This was the second time he was knocked down in the last 6 minutes. He stood up slowly, turned back to his opponent, and put up another fighting stance. Anger burned into every inch of his face. His deep blue eyes were slits of hatred.

“Now.....attack!!!” the man shouted

The boy ducked low and charged at full speed toward his opponent, raising a fist to strike.

The man sitting on the throne watched the fight with mingled expressions of anger and disgust. He never seen anyone fight so sloppily in his life. He was doubly disgusted because the boy was his very own son. The man shifted in his seat and let out a harsh groan as he watched his son fly across the arena and slam into the far wall behind him. A man standing close to the throne was also watching the fight take place. His silver hair shading most of his face, his hand wrapped around a long staff. He clutched the staff in worry as he saw the little boy hit the wall and slide to the ground slumped over.

“You aren’t trying hard enough!!” the man on the throne shouted, beginning the stand up, but the standing man laid a hand on his shoulder. He looked up the see the man looking down.

“Be patient, Brathos. Surely you cannot expect so much from a mere child.” the silver-haired man said, turning his head back the boy against the wall.

Brathos snorted. “He is no mere boy. He is my son!! A noble Hellfire Demon!! And he will not be beaten like a sick dog!!!” he slammed his fist onto the arm of the throne.

Sighing lightly, the silver-haired continued to observe the fight.

The boy began to stand up again, breathing heavily and slumping slightly. His face was covered in various bruises and a small trickle of blood dripped from his lips. But despite his obvious injuries, he clutched his torso in pain with one arm as he raised his free arm in another fighting stance. Again, he charged swiftly at his opponent, his speed unaffected by his pain.

“Hmm.....impressive.....” The silver-haired man thought.

He threw a series of quick jabs, all deflected easily by his adversary, then followed up with a elbow thrust aimed at his opponent’s stomach. Just like the last attacks, this was parried with ease, then countered by a hard fist to the face. The little boy staggered backwards in pain, but recovered quickly. He then jumped into the air, spinning around with a backwards heel kick aimed at the face of his opponent. However, his foot was caught in midair, leaving the boy to hang upside-down. He was then caught with a swift uppercut to the torso, sending him back across the room. Before he hit the ground, he reached out a hand and slammed the floor with his palm, making him spin around and land lightly on his feet, crouched low to the ground.

“Why are you stopping!?” shouted Brathos, standing up and pointing at the boy. “Get back in there and continue!!!”

Again, the silver-haired man sighed. “Brathos....you must accept that he is nothing more than a child. He does not have the ability to fight non-stop. He needs to rest.”

“As I told you before, Hayato......he is my son!! He is a heir to the Hellfire clan!! I will not tolerate his blatant weakness!!” Brathos yelled.

Sighing yet again, Hayato was briefly immersed remembering the heritage and standards of Hellfire Demons.

Hellfires were a race of high-class warrior demons. Most that belonged to the Hellfire clan had an insatiable thirst for battle in all forms. From childbirth, young Hellfire Demons were raised in the arts of war and conquest. The mantra that most Hellfires went by: “You’re old enough to walk, you’re old enough to fight.” As they grow, they are trained to become deadly fighters. Being demons, Hellfires are natural killers. When they come-of-age, they are expected to use that power to make their clan stronger by destroying any opposing demon races. Though Hayato agreed that most children should be raised strong, he didn’t agree with the fact that the children had to gain that strength by fighting until they were an inch within death. He continued to watch the battle unfold.

The boy stood up slowly, his wounds and pains beginning to take him over. As he tried to catch his breath, his opponent began to step forward; a boy that looked almost twice his age with short, dark-red hair, sharp gray eyes, and a smug smile walked slowly toward the panting boy.

“What’s wrong, dear brother Ryuko?? Getting tired already?” The boy said, his smile becoming more smug at the expression his opponent gave him.

Ryuko raised his arms in another stance, ignoring the pain coursing though his every limb. “I....won’t....lose....to you!!!” he roared as he charged at his brother with the same speed he displayed before. He jumped into the air once again and spun around to deliver a kick, but his attack was easily blocked and followed up with another fist to the face. Ryuko fell back to the ground, but recovered fast, charging once again. This time, he ducked low, preparing to throw a rising uppercut. But again, his brother caught his arm mid-attack and slammed him hard into the ground. Flipping back to his feet for a 5th time, Ryuko charged at his brother again, a fist raised to throw another punch.

“Feh....futile.” Ryuko’s brother snorted as he watched his opponent advance on him. As Ryuko reached him, a look of sheer malice in his eyes as he was ready to hit home, he suddenly stopped mid-attack once again. Ryuko’s eyes glazed over in pain and exhaustion as he looked up to his brother, who had his knee planted in the very center of his stomach. Ryuko backed away slowly, coughing up blood and gasping for air, clutching his torso.

“Damn it.....” cursed Brathos, hanging his head in shame as he watched his youngest son’s defeat for the 13th time in a row.

Hayato watched as well, the grip on his staff beginning to ease as he sighed relieved. The fight was finally over.

The boy watched his brother fall to his knees as he continued to cough and sputter. He then turned to his father in the throne. “Father, why must I be chosen to initiate this sorry excuse for a Hellfire!? I mean, it’s an insult to have him standing next to me, let alone having to fight the little runt!!”

“You know that you must be the one to initiate your brother. Just like your brother did you, and his brother did him. The only way a Hellfire can be accepted as one is if he or she can defeat their own blood in battle. Seeing as you are the only one closest to Ryuko in age and skill, you are his initiator.” said Brathos

The boy scoffed at his father’s statement. “Me?!? Closest in skill with that inept fool?? Don’t make me laugh!!”

“That’s enough, Hanzo.” growled Brathos.

“But you have to admit...that’s what he really is!! Maybe it’s bad genes....well, not YOUR genes, of course. If he had your power, I would have been decimated in 1 minute flat!! Perhaps it’s that pathetic woman he calls ‘mother’ that make his so weak . After all.....filthy half-breeds are nothing compared to the might of a full blood--AAAAAGGHH!!!” he then said nothing more, due to the fact that he was send flying face-first through the opposite wall.

Hayato turned his head sharply, looking to what attacked Hanzo. Brathos also let a stunned expression cover his face as they both spotted Ryuko standing up, his foot still raised from the kick he just gave his brother.

As Ryuko lowered his foot, Hanzo was staggering back into the room. A large spot of blood dripping from where his head made impact with the wall.

“So.....the runt has some fight left in him?? I guess I had you all wrong!!” Hanzo sneered as he brushed the dust from his clothes.

Ryuko assumed another fighting stance, unaffected by his pain as he stared his brother down, his eyes dangerous slits once again. He raised on hand and beckoned. “Come on!!!”

“Thought you’d never ask!!!” Hanzo shouted as he began to dash at his little brother.

Ryuko stood still until Hanzo was inches away, ready to deliver swift punch to the jaw. He took the punch, but was un-weathered by the strike. Instead of staggering, he brought his foot up for another stiff kick to Hanzo’s chest. The strike landed home, making Hanzo slide backwards with his arms spread wide. Ryuko capitalized on his brother’s lack of defense by running forward and landing another punch to the gut, this time making Hanzo double over in pain. Following up with his second strike, Ryuko jumped into the air, spinning around fully and catching Hanzo with another heel kick to the jaw, making him fly across the room and once again slamming into the distant wall, cracking the wood from the impact.

Hayato was shocked, to say the least. Brathos was also surprised by the sudden increase of his son’s skills. They just witnessed one of the best fighters in the village get knocked out by his little brother. Brathos was the first to react by slapping his hand on the arm of his throne and letting out a shout of glee.

“HAA!!! I knew you had it in you!! That’s the old Murasama strength peeking out, that is!!” he said happily as he beamed at his son.

However, Hayato was a little more concerned on how the sudden increase of power took place.

“That’s not normal......” he thought to himself. “At least for someone his age......He couldn‘t have tapped into his demon blood‘s power, could he?? No.....he‘s still much to young.....and I never felt an increase of his power.....”

Ryuko stood in the center of the room, his arms still locked in a stance and his eyes still angry slits aimed at his brother. Hanzo fell to the floor in a crumpled heap, much like Ryuko earlier in the fight. He began to stand up, wiping the trickle of blood from his mouth where Ryuko kicked him.

“Oh, trust me, little bro.....I’ll make sure you pay for that!!!” He growled dangerously, raising his hands to his face. His band began to glow bright red, the light spreading to his fingertips. Then, his fingernails turned into sharp 6-inch claws. He aimed his new weapons at his brother before taking off at lightning speed.

Ryuko, seeing his new threat, lowered his stance, waiting for Hanzo to reach him. Hanzo took aim slashed at Ryuko...or at least where Ryuko was standing moments ago. Before Hanzo realized that Ryuko moved, he was sent flying for a third time forward from a kick to the back. He staggered and regained his balance, then turned to slash at Ryuko again, only to catch air between his fingers. Ducking under the impending strike, Ryuko aimed his fist upward and gave Hanzo a rising uppercut to the jaw, lifting his brother clean off his feet. Hanzo fell back to the ground with a sickening crunch.

“This is amazing!!” gasped Brathos. “I never expected Ryuko to make a comeback like this!!!”

Hayato smiled slightly. “Neither did I.” but a nasty through passed through his mind at those words. “And if this is temporary, like I expect this to be.....he will lose the fight.”

Falling back to the ground, Ryuko crouched low to the ground as he stared at the fallen figure of his brother. He stood up slowly as his brother began to stir.

“Ryuko!! Strike now!! Finish the fight and complete your initiation!!!” boomed Brathos.

Ryuko looked to his father, smiling on the inside at the note of happiness in his father’s voice. He stepped forward, ready to deliver a finishing strike to his fallen brother. But as he stepped closer, he noticed that his brother’s eyes were red as fire. Sensing danger, Ryuko jumped backwards, putting up a defensive stance.

“Why are you hesitating!?!” shouted Brathos.

Hayato was already looking to what made Ryuko back away so suddenly. He nudged Brathos slightly, pointing to the center of the arena where Hanzo was still lying.

“Damn it all....I didn’t think he was going to take this fight so seriously....he’s tapping into HIS blood power!!” he thought panicked. “This could be dangerous for young Ryuko.”

Ryyko, his arms raised over his face as though anticipating an attack, stayed rooted to the spot as his brother began to stand. A gust of wind began to swirl around the arena, kicking up dust and making Ryuko stagger slightly. This wind was generated by Hanzo.

“You should have given up when I knocked you down the first time, runt!!” shouted Hanzo from the swirling wave of energy. “Now.....I’ll make you beg for mercy!!!”

As the force of the energy grew stronger, Ryuko uncovered his face the watch his brother’s anger explode to the surface. He stopped him in the center of the storm, his body becoming covered in bluish-red scales, his arms and legs becoming longer, his fingernails becoming sharpened claws. All of this made Ryuko shudder on the inside...but he wasn’t going to turn tail and run like a coward. He clenched his fists in resolve as he readied himself for his brother’s wrath.

When the energy whirlwind died down, the newly transformed Hanzo stood in the center of the room, a smug smile on his now doglike face. He put up a fighting stance as he beckoned to his little brother.

“Come...and I will show you what a true Hellfire can do!!!” he growled.

Ryuko stood in fear as he watched his fully transformed brother began to step forward. With every step he took, Ryuko’s fear increased, making him back away unconsciously. Seeing this, Hanzo’s smirk widened.

“What’s wrong, little brother??” asked Hanzo, spreading his arms out. “What happened to the refreshing confidence you displayed by attacking me?? Don’t tell me that you’re too scared to fight me now!!”

Ryuko stopped backing away, his legs rooted to the spot His mind reeled with thought of the last time he saw his brother in this state.

He was about 5 years old when an opposing clan of Ice demons attacked their village. Every Hellfire demon took up arms and defended the village by decimating the would-be attackers. Every fighter displayed incredible power and abilities, but Ryuko was only able to watch one particular warrior; his own brother. It was the first time he seen his brother in his full demon form, and he would never forget it for as long as he lived. Hanzo’s skin was covered in dark-blue scales, his hands were armed with huge claws, and a bright red aura surrounded his body as he bared his teeth. Ryuko kept his eyes on Hanzo as he charged into the battle, using his claws, teeth and natural strength to rip, tear and shred all foes that stood his way. After that day, Ryuko was officially scared of his brother. He never saw anyone fight so viciously or kill without a second thought. But no matter how much he feared his brother, he wanted to become as powerful as his brother was. He wanted to show his brother that he could be as strong as he was. He wanted to replace that fear with respect, and in turn, receive respect from his brother.

However, as he watched his brother continued to step forward, he was hit with a fresh wave of remembrance as to why he feared Hanzo so much. He thought of running, but he knew that his father would never tolerate him escaping. And even if he was able to run, he was unable to pick up his feet due to the fact that his legs were stiff as boards and his feet felt like lead weights. All he was able to do was watch as his brother came closer.

Hanzo stopped about 25 feet away from Ryuko’s frozen form. He smiled wickedly as he crouched low to the ground in a dog-like position. He bared his teeth again.

“If you are thinking of giving up, it’s too late to do so.” he said, flexing his knuckles against the ground. “You had your chance. Now it’s time to pay the piper!!!”

Beginning to take a step forward, Hayato had seen enough of the fight. After seeing Hanzo transform on his little brother, and ready to attack him full-on, he was ready to step in and cease this before it got out of hand. He looked to the man sitting on the throne, who was watching the proceedings with anticipation.

“Brathos, enough is enough. You have to call this fight off!!” said Hayato.

Brathos scoffed at his words. “Nonsense!!!”

Hayato stood in front of the throne, blocking Brathos’ view. “If you allow this to continue, your son will likely be seriously injured...or worse!! Hanzo doesn’t care if this is nothing more that a mere test for his little brother!! He is more than ready to kill Ryuko!!”

“Don’t make me laugh!!” said Brathos, trying to push Hayato out of the way to get a better view. “Hanzo know that he can’t kill Ryuko. He knows when to stop before going too far. And besides, it’s good for Ryuko to take a few lumps!! That way, he would know not to let himself get in that state again!! This will help him become even stronger!!!”

Hayato sighed. “Okay...I’ll take your word for it....” he said defeatedly. Then, a thought passed though his mind , “But if anything gets out of hand....I’m going to step in and put a end to his madness!!”
Ryuko remained frozen as he watched Hanzo, who was still on the ground. Suddenly, without warning, Hanzo’s head snapped up as he looked straight into Ryuko’s eyes.

“Go!!!” he shouted as he pushed forward and launched himself at full speed toward Ryuko.

Not expecting his brother‘s increased speed, Ryuko was too slow to react. Before he knew what happened, he was caught with a swift punch to the jaw, making him fly backwards. But before he slammed into the wall, he was caught again with a kick to the back, making him now fly forward. He fell to the ground, tumbling wildly before regaining his balance and turning around to face his brother, who was coming at him like a blur. Ryuko put up a defensive stance to block the inevitable attack, but no strike came....to his front. He was sent flying forward again as Hanzo gave him a hard hit to the back again, this time with his long claws. Ryuko felt the stinging, burning sensation made by the clawed hand of his brother, tears welling in his eyes as he turned around swiftly to forge a counterattack. He launched himself at his brother with a high jump kick aimed at his face. However, before the attack made contact , Hanzo dodged to the side, then whipped his hand out, striking Ryuko across the chest this time. Ryuko felt the same burning pain, worse than the first time surge through his entire body as he began to fall to the ground. But before Ryuko hit the ground, he felt Hanzo hit him again with the claws, and this time, he felt the sharp claws plunge deep into his chest. He let out a howl of sheer agony.

Hayato gripped his staff so tightly, it looked as though we was going to break it in two. A looked of worry spread across his face as he watched young Ryuko being impaled. He knew that Ryuko would be in more danger if the fight went on, but he was going to hold true to his promise, not to interrupt the fight.....unless the situation got too out of hand. And from the looks of things, they were getting WAY out of hand. He looked at Brathos with a sideways glance. He looked on at the fight with excitement that his oldest son was doing so well, and disgust that his youngest son was performing so poorly. Hayato clenched his teeth and forced himself to continue watching.

Ryuko bared his teeth at the pain in his chest. He gripped Hanzo’s arm, trying to prevent his brother’s claws from going into him any further. Tears leaked from his eyes as the pain he felt became too much to handle. He let out another agonized howl as Hanzo withdrew his claws, now covered in his blood. Hanzo raised the claws to his lips, tasting a bit of the liquid dripping from his hands. He smiled as he looked down at his brother, who was now shaking violently.

“Does it hurt, little brother? Does the pain feel like it’s too much to bear?? It brings tears to your eyes, doesn't it.” he dropped his hands to his side as he stooped down to bring his face as close as possible to Ryuko’s. “I have to be honest...” he whispered in a sleek, silky voice. “...it brings tears to my eyes as well.....but in a different way Watching you squirm in agony....hearing you cry like a sniveling girl.....watching the blood leak from the wounds that I inflicted upon you.... tasting the blood of my fallen opponent.....it’s brings me tears of joy. To me, it’s the most beautiful thing this world has to offer.” he stood up, still looking down at his little brother, who was now coughing up large amounts of blood. This made him laugh out loud. “Do you enjoy the taste of your own blood? Refreshing, isn‘t it??” He then reached down and grabbed his brother by his long hair, lifting him so that he was sitting on his knees. Hanzo stared at Ryuko with looks of increasing hatred as he raised his own hand and aimed his claws at Ryuko’s throat.

“I hope you had fun, runt....but now......it’s nighty-night for you.” said Hanzo as he flexed his knuckles, poised to strike.

“Stop.”

Hanzo turned his head toward his father as he heard the voice speak. He knew that it had belonged to his father’s friend, Hayato, but he disregarded it and looked back to his prey. But then, he felt something press hard onto his neck...something sharp and cold.

“You heard me, Hanzo. Stop this right now.”

He looked to his other side to see Hayato, standing no less that 3 feet away from him, holding a gleaming sword to his neck. Hayato pressed the blade down harder as he spoke again.

“Last warning.....stop now, and let your brother go.”

Hanzo snorted. “This has nothing to do with you, human. This is between my brother and I. Step away and sheath your weapon. “

Hayato pressed his sword down even harder, cutting Hanzo’s skin and drawing blood. “I know this has nothing to do with me....but I won’t stand around idly while I watch someone kill his own brother in cold blood without a second thought. This has gone on long enough.....now let him go, or I will make you let him go!!!” his voice lost its usually noble tone, and was now as cold as ice. His eyes burned into Hanzo’s as he gripped his sword even tighter, ready to strike at a moment’s notice.

Hanzo inwardly snorted, saying to himself that he should rip the intruder apart. But he knew that even with his own powers, he would never stand a chance against Hayato. Besides...why did his father show so much respect for the old man? Hanzo thought of the last time he watched him fight a demon and shuddered at how gruesomely he slaughtered the offender. He didn’t want to invoke the human’s wrath on himself. So slowly and resentfully, he let go of Ryuko, who fell to the ground, then stepped back while retracting his claws and turning toward his father.

“Next time you call me to hold Ryuko’s initiation, you better make sure HE...” he said as he nodded his head at Hayato, who was now stooping over the fallen Ryuko, “...is not in attendance!! I won’t be interrupted next time around!!!” He then stormed out of the arena.

Brathos remained in his seat as he watched Hayato tend to Ryuko’s injuries. He was too ashamed of his son, and too upset with his friend to do anything. He sat and began to brood silently.

Hayato was looking over Ryuko’s injuries, trying to stem the flow of blood from his chest.

“Medic!! Get a doctor in here!! Ryuko’s seriously injured!!” he shouted.

Ryuko looked around the room with half-opened eyes, his lids feeling heavy. His arms and legs felt like they weighed tons. His body was marked with numerous injuries, but he was hardly able to feel anything. He stared up at the ceiling as he listened to the voices around him grow more hollow with every passing second. Then, he blacked out completely.

Just Blaze

Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Last time on Yu Yu Hakusho, Koenma received some news that an old friend was in some trouble. He then enlisted in the sons of Yusuke and Kuwabara’s sons, Tyson and Kazubara. They met Kiyoshi, who took them to Spirit Realm and introduced them into the new ruler of Spirit World. After some talking and some joking on Tyson’s part, Koenma tested the two naïve teenagers by forcing them to fight some demons before they could become full fledged Spirit Detectives. They passed with flying colors and Koenma had finally found his new Spirit Detectives. But who is this friend and what problem could be so big that he would need some Spirit Detectives? Let’s find out right now, on Yu Yu Hakusho!

Chapter 2
“House of Traps: Deadly Demon, Hyuga”

Tyson and Kazubara stood idly by, waiting for Koenma to give them their first mission ever as Spirit Detectives. To make matters worse, Koenma was basically ignoring them, turning his chair fully around, his back facing them. He took this time to quickly sneak his pacifier in his mouth, sucking on it when he’s very nervous. “I don’t want to interrupt your baby time, but if you’re going to give us this mission, how about you make it today, instead of five years.” Tyson insisted. Koenma swung the chair back around, his eyebrows arched down, almost seeming as he was in distraught.

“Actually, it’s not that easy Tyson. This mission isn’t something I would give to two rookie Spirit Detectives. This is a very dangerous assignment, and I don’t need to risk you two getting killed on your first mission.”

“Look, just tell us about it, and if we don’t think we can do it, we’ll drop out.” Koenma thought about this for a second, looking into the eyes of both teens and seeing that they were eager to try this out.

“Fine. Please turn around and I’ll show you what the big problem is.” At the click of a button, one of the walls opened up, revealing a huge TV screen. The screen flashed on, showing what seemed to be a very old man. “This is a good friend of mine, his name is Master Tetsuro. And this is his daughter.” When the picture changed, both Tyson and Kazubara were in shock at the beauty of his daughter. She was kinda short, but not too short. She had big, blue eyes, an ocean blue to be exact. Her lips were small, but very full. She had blue hair, which was worn in pig tails with some cut bows. Tyson happened to look over, only to see that Kazubara’s heart was almost popping out of his chest. His eyes were full of stars and he was blushing, his face as red as an apple. “Her name is Hikari Tetsuro, and she is where the problem stems from. You see, three demons have kidnapped her and are holding hostage in a house back your world. Master Tetsuro needs you two to go and get his daughter back, but there lies the dangerous part.”

“Are you serious? You basically want us to go get some old man’s daughter and then babysit her?”

“Bring her back Tyson.”

“Same thing. What’s so hard about that?” Tyson shot back.

“This.” Koenma clicked his button again, showing a picture of the three demons. Two of them were small, but the third one was huge. “These are the three demons. Their powers at this point are too much for you two to handle, I’m sorry to say. And if that’s not the icing on the cake, the house they’re in is known as the House of Traps, a house loaded and planted with traps of all kinds. There are three levels to this house; Hikari is being held on the third floor, that’s the top one with the big guy. Even if you manage to get to the top floor, you both will surely die by the hands of the big one. I’m sorry, but this mission is just too dangerous for you two.” Before Koenma could finish grieving, Kazubara was already standing on his desk, his chest stuck out and his hands on his hips. Tyson shook his head, embarrassed once again by his numbskull of a friend.

“We must save this queen of my heart. There can’t be anything that stands in between the power of love! I will come for you my goddess of my hidden soul! Urameshi, we must do this, if not, all will be lost.”

“….what the hell are you talking about Kazubara?”
“Love Urameshi! I’m in love. And if you won’t go, I’ll go by myself!” Kazubara shouted.

“Do you even know what love means Kazubara?” Tyson asked.

“That feeling you get in your head when you eat too much ice cream?”

Tyson drops face first on the ground. “Close……but no.”

“Whatever Urameshi. I want to go. We need to help her. I don’t care if those demon guys are too powerful for us. I’m not gonna sit here while she is being held captive by those creeps.” Tyson took a second to fully take in what Kazubara was saying.

“He’s right Koenma. I might not be as dumb as he is, but we have to try at least. Even if we fail, it’s better than not trying at all.” Koenma, as much as he didn’t want to, finally agreed. He nodded and stood up out of his chair, walking around his desk and stepping up to Tyson and looking up to Kazubara, who was still standing on his desk.

“You mind getting down? Thanks. Alright, if you two really want to go through with this, then so be it. Kiyoshi will send you guys back to Human World, dropping you two off right in front of the house. I will give you this communicator, so I can be in touch with you the whole time. I’ll try to coach you guys through it, but I can’t guarantee that you’ll walk out alive. Now, are you two ready?” Tyson and Kazubara looked at each other and nodded. Kiyoshi took them both by the hands and together they left Koenma’s office, leaving the castle and hopping on her broom stick.

“You know, wouldn’t it just be easier if they gave you like a plane of flying car, something?” Tyson asked. Kiyoshi just ignored him and continued on her way. They arrived back in Human World, jumping off her broom and landing on the street below them, right in front of the house that Koenma lectured them about. Tyson looked back up at Kiyoshi as she ascended into the clouds.

“Good luck you guys!” Those were the words she left them with. It was now night and none of the street lights were even on, leaving Tyson and Kazubara very suspicious and paranoid.

“So, this is the house of traps eh? Doesn’t seem so scary.” Tyson scoffed. They walked up the old, wooden steps of the house, the door swinging open for them. They quickly looked at each other, knowing something was up, but they kept walking forward, right into the house. The door immediately closed shut, slamming and leaving a loud echo throughout the house. “Too late to turn back now. What do you say, let’s get this girl, and get the hell outta here?”

“I’m with you Urameshi.” Their moment of privacy was ended with the echo’s of an annoying, yet psychotic laughter. It bounced off the walls of the house, tainting Tyson and Kazubara. It was the laugh of a maniac, or someone who was insane.

“IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE COMPANY!! I WONDER WHO’S COME TO PLAY? COME TO PLAY WITH ME? ARE YOU HERE TO PLAY WITH US? MUUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! TIME TO PLAY…..PLAY WITH ME!?” The exacts words that come from supposedly the man who was laughing.

“Yeah, we’re here to play! So why don’t you come out and I’ll introduce you to a game I call kickin’ the demon’s ass!” Tyson responded.

“OOOOOO! SOMEBODY HAS A POTTY MOUTH! BAD WORDS WILL GET YOU NOTHING BUT SOME SOAP! HEHEHE! SOAP IS FOR CLEANING. DO YOU LIKE SOAP?”

“How about you come out from where ever you’re hiding at, and let’s play that game I mentioned earlier.”

“THAT’S IT! EUREKA! WE WILL PLAY A GAME. GAME WE WILL PLAY! LET’S PLAY HIDE AND SEEK! I’M HIDING SOMEWHERE ON THIS UPPER FLOOR, FIND ME, AND WIN THE GRAND PRIZE! WHAT DO THEY WIN JACK?” The demon now impersonates game show announcer. “They’ll win a clue as to where the girl is being held. But if they lose……we’ll, I GET YOUR HEADS!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!! SO, WANNA PLAY?”

“Fine. We’ll play.” The demon stopped speaking, and Tyson and Kazubara prepared to find his whereabouts. They knew they had to be cautious however, since this place was planted with traps. There was a door they stood in front of them, basically a dead giveaway. They opened it, and were happy to see a hallway that led to another door, which probably had their way up. They started to walk slowly, looking all around, but they found nothing.

“You know Urameshi, I’m starting to think that this place isn’t even full of tra-AAHHHHHH!!!” Tyson snapped around, noticing that Kazubara was no where in sight. He looked down, seeing the giant hole in the floor and Kazubara’s fingers as he held on for dear life.

“KAZUBARA!!” Tyson lunged forward, grapping Kazubara’s hands and pulling him out of the hole which led to a pit fall of darkness. As soon as they got back to their feet, arrows from both sides of the walls shot directly at them. They jumped forward, but arrows from the floor and ceiling were now firing off. They waited and then ran across. Suddenly the entire room became a death trap as blades began swinging from side to side. More arrows shot out from the walls, ceiling and floor ahead of them. And if that wasn’t enough, the floor behind them was breaking off, falling down into the endless pit. “Shit, we gotta think fast Kazubara and go for it, before we fall.”

“That’s not what I’m worried about. It’s the stuff in front of us. NOW URAMESHI!” Tyson and Kazubara jumped through the blades, almost seconds away from being chopped up. As they fell to the floor, they quickly rolled, dodging the first set of arrows. But then they came to the hardest part, which were all the arrows from every direction. “Wait a minute, I just forgot. My spirit energy, if I can make a sword, maybe I could make a shield! HHUUUUURHGHHH!!!” As Kazubara screamed, he used his spirit energy to form a green shield made out of spirit energy on his forearm. Using some more of his energy, he was able to increase the size of the shield, making it huge. “Let’s get out of this mess Urameshi!” With Tyson behind him, they ran forward, the shield not only staying to Kazubara’s arm, but also forming a force field around them. The arrows bounced off, and the blades broke to pieces after hitting the shield. The floor was inches away from Tyson and Kazubara when they kicked open the door and jumped inside the next room, quickly kicking the door shut. Tyson opened his eyes, and jumped up in joy that he was alright and in one piece. “We did it Urameshi, we are one step away from finding that lunatic.” Too bad they spoke to soon. Before they could get any rest in, both walls on either side of them started to move forward, another trap, but this one was planning on crushing them.

“Oh just great!” Tyson yelled. They tried running up to the walls and pushing them back, but the walls were still pushing forward. They tried opening the door, but it wouldn’t budge. They looked around for something, but it appeared that there was nothing that could help them now. “Enough. I’m not going die by getting smushed in between some walls. SPIRIT GUN!!” The bullet of energy blasted off of Tyson’s index finger, ricocheting off the walls, until is bounced off the door itself, hitting the ceiling, but as it touched the ceiling, it pushed a part of it in, causing both walls to stop, the walls practically touching their faces. “You see, I knew there was a way out of here.” They ran forward, turning the knob. The door opened this time, and they stepped into a dark room, one with stairs that lead up to the next floor. Tyson could easily sense someone with them, so he used his spirit energy to light the room up, and low and behold, the demon was in the room with them. The lights suddenly switched on, and they caught a full glimpse of a demon that looked as crazy as he sounded. It was a demon, who looked just a clown, but the paint of his face was his actually his skin. Long, crooked, purple hair stayed attached to both sides of his head. His eyes were bloodshot red and red lipstick was delicately painted over his lips, which hid his long, sharp fangs. Oddly enough, this thing was trapped in a straight jacket, his legs being the only free body parts.

“LOOKS LIKE YOU FOUND ME! NOW, IT’S TIME TO PLAY ANOTHER GAME. KILL THE INTRUDERS!!” He said charging at Tyson, lashing out at him with an attempted roundhouse kick to the face, but Tyson easily ducked under it, driving his elbow into the back of the demon’s head, scrambling his brain a bit. The demon rolled his head around, shaking horribly. “BY THE WAY, MY NAME IS HYUGA, AND I’M ONE OF THE CRAZIEST APARITIONS FROM DEMON WORLD!”

“Tch. Whatever. You’re all the same to me. I hope your ready to be the ugliest demon after I’m done kickin’ your ass. Oh wait, you’re already ugly. Looks like all I can do is supply the ass whoppin’.” Hyuga laughed off of to the side, perhaps taking Tyson’s comment the wrong way.

“YOUR FUNNY, HYUGA LIKES YOU. SHALL WE?” Tyson nodded, using his hand to gesture, “Bring it”.

Preview of Chapter 3
“Tyson’s First Challenge: Hyuga’s Lunatic Barrage”
Tyson steps up to take on the first demon, and at first he underestimates him, but Hyuga shows Tyson the prices of his mistakes as he unleashes a crazy style that Tyson has never fought against before. Will Tyson beat this demon, allowing them to advance to the next floor, or will he be beaten? Find out next time on Yu Yu Hakusho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back