• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I remember seeing this a couple weeks ago. Yugioh just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

5Ds wasn't bad though. Just GX...

This trailer...all we see is Yuma spin around. Then he is sitting in front of the Gate from FMA. o_o And that spirit thingy looks like that one guy in GX. o_o

And his hair is awful...It's like they had Yusei and Akiza procreate and this was the horrid mess they made.

Awards
And his hair is awful...It's like they had Yusei and Akiza procreate and this was the horrid mess they made.

Seems you aren't the only one to think that, if youtube comments are anything to go by. XD

ross61

5Ds wasn't bad though. Just GX...

This trailer...all we see is Yuma spin around. Then he is sitting in front of the Gate from FMA. o_o And that spirit thingy looks like that one guy in GX. o_o

GX was not bad, hell I liked it more than the original series.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Reminds me of that one Megaman anime series that came up with the kid merging with the aliens and stuff. Can't remember what that was called, but this seems terribly familiar. And my god, worst character design ever D:

I personally really liked DM and 5D's, but never got into GX. Looks like I'll be skipping another series.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The original Yugioh and 5D's were the best series of the animes so far. GX would have been fine if the story didn't retcon itself so much.

I'll give this one a chance too, I just hope it isn't like GX.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
The original Yugioh and 5D's were the best series of the animes so far. GX would have been fine if the story didn't retcon itself so much.

I'll give this one a chance too, I just hope it isn't like GX.

Agreed. Original and 5d's were the best. GX now...i don't know i didn't like it much. I will give it a chance of course like i always to do with most animes but i have to say that the hair, design direction it starts to become ridiculous. xD

Also on a side note Vanguard starts to pick up little by little. I am really interested to see where it goes.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
CARD GAMES WITH SCOUTERS!

I feel like most of the hate for GX comes from people watching the dub. God help them from my wrath if they hate GX just because of the dub. Though I for one think Zexal (pronounced "Ze-al") has some nice animation quality going for it, if it stays the same as the trailer. Notice how the backs of the cards look like the real things and aren't just black spots on plain brown?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Why the hate for GX? The last season made up for the mess

It was more mature than the rest of the GX series. But still GX's story didn't make much sense. Seriously what the heck was nightshroud? Why did the Sacred Beasts look so much like the Egyptian Gods? How the heck could Jaden be the supreme King Reincarnated and the supreme king at the same time be seperate conciousness or whatever?

They never really explained alot of stuff and that's what nagged me about GX.

CARD GAMES WITH SCOUTERS!

I feel like most of the hate for GX comes from people watching the dub. God help them from my wrath if they hate GX just because of the dub. Though I for one think Zexal (pronounced "Ze-al") has some nice animation quality going for it, if it stays the same as the trailer. Notice how the backs of the cards look like the real things and aren't just black spots on plain brown?

Animation does look pretty good, i'll agree with you there. I just hope the story is good. I want to see some crazy villain like Yami Marik appear in the series again XD

Izayoi

galactic cancer
It was more mature than the rest of the GX series. But still GX's story didn't make much sense. Seriously what the heck was nightshroud?

Nightshroud or "Darkness" was the evil spirit that took Fubuki/Atticus away pre-series, showed up as one of the Seven Star Assassins, and eventually tried to destroy humanity. In season 4. Yeah. He was essentially an extremely minor villain that drove a few subplots (going to that abandoned dorm) and was thought to have gone away, but ended up being the most threatening antagonist in the series. Just like Bakura.

And (hopefully) Divine. I'm still optimistic about that.

Why did the Sacred Beasts look so much like the Egyptian Gods?

Lack of creativity? The Wicked Gods look like them too. Designers probably just wanted to show some coherency, though the Sacred Beasts, at the time, were meant to be legal versions of the Egyptian Gods in the real game.

How the heck could Jaden be the supreme King Reincarnated and the supreme king at the same time be seperate conciousness or whatever?

Split personality caused by Yubel maybe?

They never really explained alot of stuff and that's what nagged me about GX.

You had to assume a lot.

[/quote]Animation does look pretty good, i'll agree with you there. I just hope the story is good. I want to see some crazy villain like Yami Marik appear in the series again XD[/QUOTE]

Considering it's about kids in junior high school or primary school or whatever, it may take a while for things to take off. But hey GX was about school too and by the end of the first season they were fighting gods already.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
GX was the best one because it still incorporated characters from the original series. My only criticism would be the whole Yubel Story Ark because they I thought the new dimension looked lame but who cares because in the original we went to new eras in history and dimensions. I though 5D's would be a big fail but its entertaining to watch even though I take Yugi and Jaden over Yusei anyday. This new Zexal just looks horrible......it makes me want to start watching Duel Masters again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back