• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xemnas was a keyblade holder! (theory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hitokiri2006

Ok, I just LOVE fighting this last boss. SquareEnix did a great job with the cinematic features. Anyway, it just occured to me (and has probably been mentioned 100 times here)

But it's very possible that Xemnas was a former Keyblade holder. (the one who brought destruction most likely)

Now I;m not too sure of this, but I dont think we ever saw Xemnas as a human. He might have posed as one, but just like his heartless, he could have lied about his identity.

Now keep in mind, he (supposively as a human) had no memory of his past. During one of the cut scenes in the final fight, Sora speaks to him and asks him if he can remember what it was like to have a heart. Xemnas said he couldnt.

Now the only 2 other Nobodies that didnt have memories were Roxas and Namine. The reason being is that both had strong hearts and one was the keyblade holder and the other a princess. These were 2 unique "forms". Regular nobodies retain all of their memories from the previous life.

Going by that knowledge and comparing it to the Secret Trailer, it's VERY possible that Xemnas was the keyblade holder of the past who brought destruction.

And as a another small connection to the trailer, Xemnas' armor in the final fight, very much resembles the armor shown in the secret movie. Coincidence?

Ravens_Blade85

In your head telling you to do bad things!
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't think that Namine had no memories. They never say that in the game and in CoM it looks as though she know she was Kairi's nobody. That's why she appeared to Riku as Kairi, because she knew she could almost passs for her.

And I too liked the final boss fight. It was not hard (usual Square style) but it was done very well.

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
Xemnas was a nobody >> He has no heart. And unless Xehanort was a keyblade wielder which I seriously doubt then he could not be able to wield a keyblade.

hitokiri2006

Namine has stated that she had no memories, she just "Came to be". It was said in CoM and by Ansem the Wise in KHII

I'm thinking Xehanort WAS in fact, Xemnas. He simply lied about who he was (like his heartless did)

But on the other hand, Xenhanort DID open the door in the basement in the lab and Ansem had no idea how. Either he could have been a nobody at the time and did it hmself, OR he was a human and had some latent keyblade abilities.

I cant remember myself, but how did Sora and Kairi get their original bodies back? This could debunk the whole theory depending on the answer.

twiligh knight

In a deep dark place filled with your worst nightm
hitokiri2006 said:
Namine has stated that she had no memories, she just "Came to be". It was said in CoM and by Ansem the Wise in KHII

I'm thinking Xehanort WAS in fact, Xemnas. He simply lied about who he was (like his heartless did)

But on the other hand, Xenhanort DID open the door in the basement in the lab and Ansem had no idea how. Either he could have been a nobody at the time and did it hmself, OR he was a human and had some latent keyblade abilities.

I cant remember myself, but how did Sora and Kairi get their original bodies back? This could debunk the whole theory depending on the answer.

well i dn't know how Xenhanort opend the key hole but i know how sora and kairi got there original bodies back see kairi's heart was in side sora scence she was a princeses of heart she had no darkness inside her so she did not turn into a heartless but had a nobody that is why her heart is inside sora but when he stabed him self with the key blade that unlocks hearts i sora's heart was taken to so he had a nobody and because he had darknes in side him he also had a heartless but at the entrence of hollow bastion kairi new that the one heartless was sora so when she huged him he was human again

hitokiri2006

AdventChild101 said:
Roxas had memories, but Namine erased them so he could live in the digital Twilight Town. Namine also had memories. She new she was a Nobody.

I'm pretty sure you are incorrect in that statement.
Roxas was ALREADY part of the Org before Namine erased his memories. But he still had no memories and he just started to realize that he had posession of the keyblades.

If he had his full memory, he def would not have joined the org to begin with.

Ansem then sent Riku after him, thinking he would be the key to awakening Sora (who was put to sleep in CoM). When Riku and Roxas fought, Roxas had no idea who Riku was. Which means he had no memories to begin with. Namine erased the memories Roxas gained after becoming a nobody.

Mr. said:
Is Xemnas had a Keyblade, he would have been out killing Heartless, not brooding in The World That Never Was.

PWNT.

you might have 600+ posts, but that was the most noobish thing I have ever heard. "pwnt".

If you bothered to read anyting that was said, I mentioned that Xemnas had no memories, just like Roxas. No memories = no knowledge on how to weild the keyblade.

"pwnt"

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
hitokiri2006 said:
I'm pretty sure you are incorrect in that statement.
Roxas was ALREADY part of the Org before Namine erased his memories. But he still had no memories and he just started to realize that he had posession of the keyblades.

If he had his full memory, he def would not have joined the org to begin with.

Ansem then sent Riku after him, thinking he would be the key to awakening Sora (who was put to sleep in CoM). When Riku and Roxas fought, Roxas had no idea who Riku was. Which means he had no memories to begin with.

Don't double post and your right. I forgot why Roxas left Org. XIII

bluevendetta64

Website
bluevendetta64.1up.com
hitokiri2006 said:
But it's very possible that Xemnas was a former Keyblade holder. (the one who brought destruction most likely)

Now I;m not too sure of this, but I dont think we ever saw Xemnas as a human. He might have posed as one, but just like his heartless, he could have lied about his identity.

Now keep in mind, he (supposively as a human) had no memory of his past. During one of the cut scenes in the final fight, Sora speaks to him and asks him if he can remember what it was like to have a heart. Xemnas said he couldnt.

Well one thing is for sure. We HAVE seen Xemnas as a human, that was Xehanort in the flashback with Mickey and Ansem. Now you mention just like his heartless he could've lied about his identity; well this may be true it doesn't discount the fact that he became a heartless AND a nobody and in order to do so you must be complete. As Ansem stated a complete being is made up of three parts: heart, soul, and body. The heart becomes a heartless, and body & soul make a nobody, so it is safe to assume we have seen his human form but remember Xehanort lost his memory. Now if Xehanort had no memory it is quite clear that someone came up with the name Xehanort, perhaps it was all he could remember.

Now if memory is an issue to wielding a keyblade, you cannot use Roxas as an example. Remember Roxas does not wield any actual keyblade, that is why they needed Sora and not him. Roxas simply wielded weapons out of memory that took the shape of Oathkeeper and Oblivion. Prime example is the fact that those were not actual keyblades but keychains. So we cannot use Roxas as an example of why Xehanort and Xemnas could/would not wield a keyblade.

Xehanort's past is still much of a mystery as is many of the Organization so we mutst keep an open mind for now.

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
OMG XENMAS HAD NO MEMORIES........

xemnas had all the meories that xehanort had and his own, you say you beat the game but do you not remember when xemnas was talking to ansem...........sora asked did he remember having a heart and xemnas replied frankly no, meaning he doesnt remember having a heart, not that he doesnt remember everything xehanort remembers and his memories after becoming a nobody......................................

bluevendetta64

Website
bluevendetta64.1up.com
RikuHeroOfDark said:
xemnas had all the meories that xehanort had and his own, you say you beat the game but do you not remember when xemnas was talking to ansem...........sora asked did he remember having a heart and xemnas replied frankly no, meaning he doesnt remember having a heart, not that he doesnt remember everything xehanort remembers and his memories after becoming a nobody......................................

Yes, in fact the only memories that he MIGHT not have are the ones that Xehanort lost; the memories of before his time with Ansem in Radiant Garden

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
..........................................waiting for naruto to download is boring

anyways, namine and roxas not having memories of their past has nothing to do with keyblades, it was becuase they were formed differently. kairis heart was inside of sora, ie why namine i a blonde. sora turned back into a normal person(or close enough to one) so roxas formed differently, not to mention kairis heart while inside sora also messed roxas up a little

roxas: i have to know why the keyblade chose me
if roxas did have memories of his life as sora, then he would have known why he had the keyblade, becuse riku was too weak. after he lost his memories of sora(im not sure if he ever even got them in the first place) he made new memories of org XIII, and its those memories that namine erased.

a heartless can open the door as well as a keyblade, so xehanort could have just as easily used the heartless in some way to open the door, leaning more towards super heartless then keyblader. him being some kind of heartless would also explain why he is interested in the keeyblade, since the heartless fear it, yet they also seek it.

any questions?

hitokiri2006

Well, while the main theory of mine might be off on one way or another, I have a strong feeling that the keyblade is for more than just "connected" to Xemnas' past.

I urge you all to remember that you do not have to be a good guy to receive the keyblade. You just need a strong heart. (hell, they started passing keyblades around like party favors in KHII!)

EternalOath

Hmm i have a ridiculous theory here. What if Xehanort, when he became apprentice to Ansem the Wise, was already a Nobody, but for some apparent reason had no memories (We'll have to figure out why later), He could wield a keyblade at that time, but he did not know it. And later he opened the door in Ansem the Wise's basement or whatever by pure accident. Is it possible he rejoined with his heartless for a short period of time? Then apparently he lost his heart once again and this time his soul too. Leaving him just as a body, an empty shell. Thus, without either a heart or soul he could not wield a keyblade any longer. Since his heartless is a heartless, of course that cant' wield a keyblade. But maybe his soul is still out there, with all the memories he's forgotten, and it's the one part of him that can still wield a keyblade. Crazy theory huh?

bluevendetta64

Website
bluevendetta64.1up.com
hitokiri2006 said:
Well, while the main theory of mine might be off on one way or another, I have a strong feeling that the keyblade is for more than just "connected" to Xemnas' past.

I urge you all to remember that you do not have to be a good guy to receive the keyblade. You just need a strong heart. (hell, they started passing keyblades around like party favors in KHII!)

Two things, it is Xehanort's past not Xemnas'. We know all about Xemnas but we do not know a lot about his complete being, Xehanort. You cant use the argument that they are the same because they are not. Xemnas is a piece of Xehanort, not the full thing, Xehanort is Xemnas and more. So when you refer to Xemnas' past, you should be refering to Xehanorts because it isn't a nobodies past we are dealing with. I appologize now, I'm just anal about stuff like that sorry.

Also, you brought up we need to remember its not only good guys... we know. No one I have read has used that as an arguement against Xehanort wielding a keyblade. We all know there are wielders of dark, that is what Nomura has stated will be in the upcoming game. However, we still have no actual proof stating anyone is one, merely theories. I'm not saying you are wrong, as a matter of fact I think Xehanort is a decendant of the Dark Keyblade Master and it is the power of darkness that is in his veins, explaining in more detail why he stayed in human form and why the darkness vasinates him so. Anywho, just my opinion on the matter at hand.

EDIT
EternalOath said:
Hmm i have a ridiculous theory here. What if Xehanort, when he became apprentice to Ansem the Wise, was already a Nobody, but for some apparent reason had no memories (We'll have to figure out why later), He could wield a keyblade at that time, but he did not know it. And later he opened the door in Ansem the Wise's basement or whatever by pure accident. Is it possible he rejoined with his heartless for a short period of time? Then apparently he lost his heart once again and this time his soul too. Leaving him just as a body, an empty shell. Thus, without either a heart or soul he could not wield a keyblade any longer. Since his heartless is a heartless, of course that cant' wield a keyblade. But maybe his soul is still out there, with all the memories he's forgotten, and it's the one part of him that can still wield a keyblade. Crazy theory huh?

Doesn't work. Remember, nobodies change their apperances, so this being the case, why would Xemnas look different from the Xehanort we saw in the flashback. Also, why would he change his name to suite the name he had already stolen?

It also states in the Ansem (Xehanort) Reports in KH I that Xehanort abandoned his body because it wasn't strong enough to reach the darkness. In doing so he said he had become something else, where he should've turned into a heartless, he kept his shape and such. He became an unnatural heartless, a heartless with all of his memories and his original body. So sorry but the theory doesn't hold up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back