• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would This be Considered a Virus?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

R o x a s

Ok Yes, i have been having some really weird PC problems.

My computer is horible as it is, it only has like 17gigs to start off with, but i consumed a good 15 gigs, so there are 2 gigs left, then suddenly today when i turned on my computer...
It only has 141mb, what happened? is This a virus?

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
R o x a s said:
Ok Yes, i have been having some really weird PC problems.

My computer is horible as it is, it only has like 17gigs to start off with, but i consumed a good 15 gigs, so there are 2 gigs left, then suddenly today when i turned on my computer...
It only has 141mb, what happened? is This a virus?

...exactly HOW did you turn off your computer..? o_O

I think windows probably dumped the virtual memory onto your harddrive.
(Either this, or it may have changed the size of the swap file, and made it bigger. The swap file and virtual memory are basically the same thing.)

If that's the case, just manually set the windows swap file size, (not really recommended for 'novice' users) or get a bigger harddrive. Or just delete some junk from your current drive.. xD

You could also check to see if you have any files that are 'massive'..
aka files that are 512mb-1gb+ ... look carefully for those types of files.
(Just have windows do an advanced search with *.* for the filename, and a file size of atleast 512mb.)

~~Azurith

R o x a s

Ok Yes I did a windows cleanup and deleted all of my temp files, now i have 5 gigs left, but another thing is that i Always get that virtual memory problem, the screen always pops up saying that windows is low on virtual memory, is this also consuming my hard drive?

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
R o x a s said:
Ok Yes I did a windows cleanup and deleted all of my temp files, now i have 5 gigs left, but another thing is that i Always get that virtual memory problem, the screen always pops up saying that windows is low on virtual memory, is this also consuming my hard drive?

Yeap...

'Virtual memory' doesn't actually exist.. it's space on the harddrive that windows reserves for virtual memory.. so it's taking up alot of harddrive space. And unless you have 1-2GB of ram.. you shouldn't mess with the virtual memory settings.

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back