• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Worst Case Scenario on Friendship..what would you do?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_is_mine*2

You've been friends with a person for many years. You met them at camp/store/somewhere personally, and you found that they live 2000 miles away. You continue to chat with them online for the next two years until you recieve a letter saying that they've been abused and have run away from their home. You welcome them to come and stay at your house 2000 miles from where they are, and they accept. Traveling only by bus and eating at restaurants, they are on their journey to come and see you.
In exactly one year they will be at your house. You tell your parents and they tell you they want to meet their parents.
You tell them:
You can't because he/she was abused.
Is currently homeless
And is traveling 2000 miles to live with you for a bit.
They tell you NO, and now you risk your best-friend's life.
Your other friend's parents won't take him in either.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?:thumbsup: :thumbdown:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
._.

By then, I'm eighteen, and I don't need mah parents. XD Kidding. o.o;

Too many holes in the question. Obviously, though, I wouldn't be able to help them. ._.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd contact them and tell my parents had said no and then try to help them find a place to stay. If I'm not able to contact him or her before they reach my home, I'll let him or her meet my parents, and then we'll talk to my parents and try to convince them to help him or her find a place to stay instead of turning him or her into the law.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Well clearly it'd be stupid enough to tell the friend that they could stay without even discussing it with said parents. A very idiotic thing to do, considering the current situation.

I'd let them stay, but they'd have to get a job, pay for their own food. And we'd take turn with the dishes. And said friend would sleep on the couch. If they failed to do one of the above mentioned they'd be back out on the road.

Shadukai X

Banned
You need to ask your parents if they can stay for a day or two. Explain everything to them, communication might help them understand.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
^He's got a point. Firstly, if the kid's traveling by 2000 miles (estimate: that's pry how far it is from here in IL to somewhere on the west coast like California). That's a long ways way to go. Busses cost money, as do restauraunts.

1) They obviously have enough money to ride on busses and eat actual meals, or at least pay for food of some sort. Why not stay there?
2) Who have they been abused by? A friend? The parents themselves? If the parents are abusing them, why don't they tell a local teacher or friend? They can pry do more than I pry could.
3) For some of us, 2000 miles away is in another country. Does the kid have a passport then?
4) While I may have a big heart and such, what would make the kid think that they'd be able to stay at my hourse?

There's a lot of loopholes and questions. There's either A) missing info that you didn't put in or B) a stupid kid involved. Did this kid not think it out to call the police or tell a friend that she can see? Let's say, I, me, as in kairigirl herself irl, was being abused. While I might tell a very close friend of mine online, I'd pry also tell my friends I hang out with here, irl. From there, I'd get encouragement from my online friend and actual help from my friends irl. Police, restraining orders, I'll be turning 18 in two months so it's not like I'll be much of a burden.

That said, I probably wouldn't be able to. I'd like to say my parents are great and would let even strangers in and let them stay, but I can't. Some of us aren't financially well off to keep another kid. My family included. What happens when authorities come by? Isn't it possible that my parents could be tried for kidnapping or some sort of holding? I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt the friend's parents would let the kid go without some kind of resistance.

Explain yourself better please. :/ Is the kid the same age as me? Younger, older? What all do they need? School and college? What about food? What's the money situation? Way too many questions, sorry.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
So he's around nineteen, a poor college student with just enough money to survive, and a guy? Not to mention eats at a restaurant three times a day and rides a bus. He's not a very smart poor college student.

My parents wouldn't let him in
--He's 19. And they want him and me in the same house? Let's try "boy+girl=..?" :] Fill it in.
--They'd have to feed him.
--If he's over 18, he's an adult. Why should I take him in? Why can't he be on his own?

Again, why doesn't he tell someone older than him, mainly an experienced adult? Since he is an adult, what's the point in telling, just get out.

Let's assume then "we're" a little younger so he's sixteen. He can still tell an adult. He doesn't have to travel 2k miles. Nothing makes sense.

Please don't think I'm heartless, I'd do anything for any of my friends, and that "anything" is covering a lot of area. But there's so many loopholes, it'd be out of his way to come all the way to where I am. I'd tell him to find some help nearby and that I'll try to help from where I am and that I'll try to get down there as soon as possible, but the kid doesn't need to go out of his way just to get out abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back