• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wish: New Disney Flick coming out around Thanksgiving!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Why no one's said a bleeding thing about this, I have NO idea.

Also I saw a Japanese trailer where Magnifico destroyed a couple wishes and it hurt people's hearts, so this'd go really well with KH! I hope Nomura notices! Also I've been making puppy dog eyes at Shadowneko (Not his real name; but he's my brother) so we can go to the movie theater and go see it!

What do you guys think? Are you guys as excited as I am?

Sonofjafar

Awards
Yes I mean this thanksgiving. It's supposed to come out Nov 22, 2023 (THIS year!)
This is gonna be fun. Also, as much as I love King Magnifico being a return to classic Disney Villainy, I feel his song is a little too Pop Song rathe than the usual style of songs like Be Prepared or Poor Unfortunate Sally’s

Sonofjafar

Awards
theory time: Wish is an origin story for The Wishing Star and King Magnifico supposedly also grants wishes, right? What if he is defeated by being turned into the Genie from Aladdin, cursed to grant wishes as a slave rather than a king for all eternity

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
theory time: Wish is an origin story for The Wishing Star and King Magnifico supposedly also grants wishes, right? What if he is defeated by being turned into the Genie from Aladdin, cursed to grant wishes as a slave rather than a king for all eternity

I think it’d be interesting if it tied into Pinocchio somehow since that is the original Disney film with the wishing star. Maybe turn him into Monstro. Lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why no one's said a bleeding thing about this, I have NO idea.
Maybe it's just me but the whole 100th anniversary of Disney hasn't like the big deal it should be. Maybe it's more apparent if you visit any of the parks or actually watch the Disney Channel, but it seemed to have largely flown under the radar.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
For most people, it seems to have. Me and Neko both have Disney Channel and Disney Plus and I did kinda stumble on the movie and went, "Oooh! So they're going back to the classic, hm? I wanna see that!"

Wanted to see it more after Magnifico crushed 3 wishes for spell fuel in the JP trailer and the people involved clutched their chests. NOMURAAAAAA! I hope you noticed that! Makes it tie into KH a little bit! (You can find said trailer if you look on Youtube; they're talking in JP of course but the "OW MY HEART!" is very obvious there. Did not bother posting that one but if enough people ask, i'll hunt it up..didn't think it was worth posting something dubbed in anything other than English.)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
their attempt at 3D stylization here seems like such a half measure compared to what other studios have been putting out. Crazy to see Disney fall behind with technology and methods.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
their attempt at 3D stylization here seems like such a half measure compared to what other studios have been putting out. Crazy to see Disney fall behind with technology and methods.
I actually think the animation looks beautiful, but their reasons for going 3D over 2D were incredibly stupid reasons.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Also I would like to point out that the 2D department’s not completely left out of the project, considering Once Upon a Studio’s animation is at least 90% 2D

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Alright. New trailer:

Seems like in this one, they are not showing all of the wish crushing (that's in the JP trailer; in English they're only showing one but in JP it's all three he grabs) but our heroine is getting the word out Magnifico's holding people's wishes hostage. It's also showing that Magnifico is getting some power from the wishes. UGH. Not cool, villain. (This is giving me serious KH vibes and some ideas for fic writing later!)

Makes me want to see it all the more.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Oh and here's another song preview:

HYPE!

Also yeah, in this one the 2D department wasn't completely left out of this movie. They originally wanted to do that amphomorphic star (I think it's actually called Star?) as 2D but it did not work, per some interview that I can't find right now that I saw on Google News. So take that part with a grain of salt. If that tidbit's true we may see some draw tests on the DVD/Blue Ray extras later.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I'm going to take a guess for the sake of gunning that Foreteller award.

Asha gets a really tough lesson that not all wishes should come true as some of them are either evil, or just straight up have negative consequences down the line. She has a crisis of faith, and eventually learns that she has to judge those wishes individually when she succeeds the king. Or she returns to peasantry plus asspull perks by virtue of being protagonist.

Additional separate prediction: There is no love interest.

Another prediction: People learn a lesson that they must put in the effort to make their own wishes come true and blah blah blah magic is still important but "F*** yeah humanity".

At this point I'm just throwing a lot out there because I would kill for that Foreteller Award.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I wish you luck on that award but we shall see.

As for me, I'm really really looking forward to this movie. Can't wait! It's really looking good. Not to mention a tie or two to KH as well..I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura notices.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm going to take a guess for the sake of gunning that Foreteller award.

Asha gets a really tough lesson that not all wishes should come true as some of them are either evil, or just straight up have negative consequences down the line. She has a crisis of faith, and eventually learns that she has to judge those wishes individually when she succeeds the king. Or she returns to peasantry plus asspull perks by virtue of being protagonist.

Additional separate prediction: There is no love interest.

Another prediction: People learn a lesson that they must put in the effort to make their own wishes come true and blah blah blah magic is still important but "F*** yeah humanity".

At this point I'm just throwing a lot out there because I would kill for that Foreteller Award.
No offense and you’re likely right about some of these but you seem very pessimistic whenever a new movie seems to come out lol.

Back