• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Square Enix keep its "equality" promise?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

If you understood what they meant it was more like "we'll make games for all consoles equally" not "we'll distribute the games equally."

Sure, but they're not giving the worst selling console 3 main series.

P.S. I'm sure if we were talking about DQ IX before it went to the DS they'd say the same things.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dexter

Money much? The PS3 is doing pretty badly right now. Both the Wii and the 360 are massively outselling it.

In AMERICA! In Japan people don't give a rat's ass for the Xbox 360, they don't care for FPS but rather RPG's which is why Blue Dragon (I think that's what it's called) is doing awsome in Japan. Know to be honest I don't know how much units of 360's were sold in Japan but I know that Sony is very popular there and that would be Nomura's first choice. Now about the Wii meh, I don't know IMHO I thinl if it was between the Wii vs. the PS3 I think he'd go with the PS3.... esspically what he could do in terms of graphics...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
In AMERICA!

I do believe that is also the situation in Europe. In Japan, the 360 is doing much worse than the PS3, but even so the PS3 it's not doing all that great last I checked.

In Japan people don't give a rat's ass for the Xbox 360, they don't care for FPS but rather RPG's which is why Blue Dragon (I think that's what it's called) is doing awsome in Japan. Know to be honest I don't know how much units of 360's were sold in Japan but I know that Sony is very popular there and that would be Nomura's first choice.

Naturally.

Now about the Wii meh, I don't know IMHO I thinl if it was between the Wii vs. the PS3 I think he'd go with the PS3.... esspically what he could do in terms of graphics...

Graphics aren't everything...but the next game in the main series will indeed likely be on PS3, IF it's doing better by then.

pwn3d said:
]To my knowledge. The last time i saw the numbers it appeared that the DQ series was received well everywhere outside of america.

I see.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
In AMERICA! In Japan people don't give a rat's ass for the Xbox 360, .

Thats BS. Japanese devs seem to love it.. Only ones who really havent jumped in is Square and Mr.Kojima.

The 360 has suprb JRPG and RPG line up.. The PS3 has mostly the FPS line up this gen.

Also yea Sony seems to be all the hype there, I mean 80k a month is great.

Last edited:

Sorikux

I do believe that is also the situation in Europe. In Japan, the 360 is doing much worse than the PS3, but even so the PS3 it's not doing all that great last I checked.

Naturally.

Graphics aren't everything...but the next game in the main series will indeed likely be on PS3, IF it's doing better by then.

I see.

I think Wii.

P.S. To all: Nomura wants to make a Wii game and he says it has potentual. What does that tell you? And Disney pressuring to say Wii and Wada wanting money he'll be overpowered. (Disney + Wada>Nomura in power. Heck, even Disney>Nomura, and maybe Wada>Nomura)

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Nomura wants to make a Wii game and he says it has potentual. What does that tell you?

Uhhh...Nomura also says that he's very interesting in the power the PS3 provides, and how much that powerful hardware could benefit a game...you act as if Nomura goes on an on about the Wii, if anything he goes on and on about the PS3 moreso than the Wii, you're just taking his quote that 'he'd like to make a Wii game' and running it into the ground.

And Disney pressuring to say Wii and Wada wanting money he'll be overpowered. (Disney + Wada>Nomura in power. Heck, even Disney>Nomura, and maybe Wada>Nomura)

But in the end, it's Square Enix who is making the game. Disney of course has a say it what goes on, but they can't usurp what Square Enix wants to do. Whichever console it goes on, it will have been a compromise from both parties, not one usurping the other and ordering them what to do

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Thats BS. Japanese devs seem to love it.. Only ones who really havent jumped in is Square and Mr.Kojima.

The 360 has suprb JRPG and RPG line up.. The PS3 has mostly the FPS line up this gen.

Also yea Sony seems to be all the hype there, I mean 80k a month is great.
Huh? Everything I saw at E3 for the ps3 was pretty even, alot of games, of all different genres. Some action, some RPG's, some new ideas(AKA sony's second life/myspace thing). Most, if not all, of what i saw for the Xbox 360 was FPS's. Yes, sony is behind in sales, yes they are behind in games, but this year's e3 show's they aren't giving up without a fight.

Remember man, i'm not a fanboy, i'm a PC gamer first and foremost.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Meaning to support all CONSOLES NOT HANDHELDS equally.

FF is going, and SO now will, most likely, go to the PS3 too.

The 360 is getting multiplats (The Last Remnant) and new IPs (like Project Sylpheed) and new IPs plus possible PS3-360 make it equal ENOUGH for a console SE dislike.

Now we have the Wii. 2 Major SE series are gone BUT we have 2 more. DQ, and, of course, KH. Thr Wii has DQ currently and it might get main series (if the DS doesn't steal them!), but what of KH? Putting it on the PS3 would be "over the top" and break the promise. PS3 is out. 360 has enough games and incoming games and will easily not get KH. Giving it KH would also be "over the top." 360 Is out.

The last choice is the Wii. It's getting S-Os (spin-offs) and possibly DQ main series after DQ IX. Here we go with the promise thing: giving the Wii KH (main series) would be enough (IMO) to fulfill the promise. And since Disney owns the IP and lovee Wii then good and Nomura wants to make a Wii game and said it has potential is good and SE's promise would be good. Wii needs at least 1 main series and KH WOULD FIT THE WII'S DEMOGRAPHIC. Fanboys aside (because I know they'll troll), what do you think?
Playstation 3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Star Ocean 4
Last Remnant

XBOX360:
Final Fantasy XI
Last Remnant
Infinite Indiscovery
Project Sylpheed

Wii:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Masked Queen and The Tower of Mirrors
Dragon Quest Swords
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon

Nintendo DS:
Final Fantasy III Fully Remade
Final Fantasy IV Fully Remade
Dragon Quest IX
Itadaki Street
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy CC: Ring of Fates
DS Style
Dragon Quest IV
Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 2
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy I and II port/remake

Playstation Portable:
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Star Ocean 1
Star Ocean 2
Final Fantasy Tactics Lion War
Valkyrie Profile 1

Seen that list, and I bet I forgot some titles still, Nintendo got a pretty good amount of games. True, the Wii as a console gets the least of the three consoles, but one of the if not THE most important Square-Enix titles Dragon Quest are all coming to Nintendo-shores.

I do expect a Wii announcement for a new game though. That's definetly something Square would do... But what? Kingdom Hearts? I dont know...

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
XBOX360:
Final Fantasy XI
Last Remnant
Infinite Indiscovery
Project Sylpheed
MS did fund it and Tri Ace is the ones who making it..

So Infinite Undiscovery really isn't Square-Enix game..It's just being published by them

Its not like there making the game.. So I dont think its really fair to add that title, lol.

But they are doing a MMO for Vista and the 360..

Sorikux

Playstation 3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Star Ocean 4
Last Remnant

XBOX360:
Final Fantasy XI
Last Remnant
Infinite Indiscovery
Project Sylpheed

Wii:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Masked Queen and The Tower of Mirrors
Dragon Quest Swords
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon

Nintendo DS:
Final Fantasy III Fully Remade
Final Fantasy IV Fully Remade
Dragon Quest IX
Itadaki Street
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy CC: Ring of Fates
DS Style
Dragon Quest IV
Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 2
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings

Playstation Portable:
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Star Ocean 1
Star Ocean 2
Final Fantasy Tactics Lion War
Valkyrie Profile 1

Seen that list, and I bet I forgot some titles still, Nintendo got a pretty good amount of games. True, the Wii as a console gets the least of the three consoles, but one of the if not THE most important Square-Enix titles Dragon Quest are all coming to Nintendo-shores.

I do expect a Wii announcement for a new game though. That's definetly something Square would do... But what? Kingdom Hearts? I dont know...

Lol it's FFCC: TCB, and DQS: TMQATTOM XD And KH is a good possibility. And I said consoles not handhelds.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
On-topic, I honestly doubt the Wii will get the main series, considering Nomura jizzes his pants over the PS3 and the prospect to design realistic belts-and-zippers with realistic belt-and-zipper physics
Quoted for epic win and main reason why PS3 will see the continuation of the main series.

The only way the Wii gets it is if there's a minigame where you use the wii remote to zip and unzip zippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back