• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Sora become Aqua's apprentice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
What? That makes no sense, it would basically be, "lol humility stronkest isn't speshul, just like Naruto the Genin XDXDXD!!!" Even if Sora is too preoccupied with Xehanort to take the test, it should definitely either happen before KHIII, or immediately after. So logically, why shouldn't he become a master?
Because the whole point of Sora's character is that he is ordinary. This was the reason why they didn't give him the title in KH3D and I think that was the best choice and that they shouldn't go back on it.

Sage-Oracle V

But he isn't ordinary. In fact, in Squenix's attempts to make him seem more ordinary without blatantly contradicting themselves, they blatantly contradicted themselves and made him more unique than anybody else. You're right when you say the refusal to give him the title played into that, but that didn't make sense either. He did everything he was supposed to correctly, and it wasn't until the end that Xehanort tried to possess him through an equally contrived reason, and it wasn't something like a character flaw, either. Honestly, considering how many keyblade wielders and masters there are now, it would make far more sense and appear far more ordinary if he did become a master at some point.

Aside from that, to be frank, the point of his character was to be a kid out of depth, so basically a Disney character, which was fitting considering his place as a Mickey Mouse stand-in. But then everything changed when the Spotlight Stealing Squad attacked. Now, he's a cruddy self-insert for NEETs. "See? He's not special! He's just an ordinary kid! THIS COULD BE YOU!"

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I disagree about this and quite frankly, no disrespect, but I do not care about you or your opinion enough to try and sway you otherwise. So feel free to feel however you want about Sora and the master title, however incorrect you may be~

Sage-Oracle V

The refusal to continue an argument without reaching a compromise is just ignorant. All opinions are equally valuable, not only to themselves, but to others as well. If we could try to communicate, we could both reach a far wiser, and more satisfying conclusion to accommodate not only one or two perspectives, but one carrying the weight of as many as a dozen.

Also,
...opinion ... incorrect...
That's not how opinions even work, although what we're talking about is more about the angles to approach basic logical, sensible writing than it is opinions.

Last edited:
Awards
Sora's style is a lot different than Aqua, or most keyblade wielders, to be honest, and he's perfectly confident in his abilities and fighting style, so I doubt he's want to take up an official apprenticeship. That's not what he's about.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
He's Sora, he would rather spend his time petting Dream Eaters than earning the rank of Master.

Awards
I mean, it's not like he cared about the test at all at first. He figured he had proved himself plenty. He only took it because Riku needed reassurance that he still had to right to wield a keyblade, and Sora wanted to go in together if one of them was going in. All for one and one for all!

Sora probably wouldn't be against a few pointers, but he's got bigger and better things to do than be tied to a rigid training regiment under a Master.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The refusal to continue an argument without reaching a compromise is just ignorant.
No one has to engage in a conversation with someone when they're being rude. Tone it down, son.

(Aqua is the only person in BBS who derailed Xehanort's plans, and Sora's empathy is what makes him special in that any ordinary person can love like he does they just don't. Sora and Aqua are about equals now in terms of training, so no, Aqua's not appropriate anyway.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If anything, Sora will know more abilities than Aqua when she comes out of the Realm of Darkness. Sure, she's got the title of Master but in BBS it was her first and only time out in the worlds using what she learned to fight.

Sora's saved the worlds, slept, saved the worlds again, saved some more worlds and slept again all in the time that it took Aqua to find her way to a beach front. (Not downplaying Aqua's accomplishments and struggles, but just showing that Sora isn't really in need of any Master when he's accomplished more than anybody)

Sage-Oracle V

No one has to engage in a conversation with someone when they're being rude. Tone it down, son.

I disagree about this and quite frankly, no disrespect, but I do not care about you or your opinion enough to try and sway you otherwise. So feel free to feel however you want about Sora and the master title, however incorrect you may be~
The refusal to continue an argument without reaching a compromise is just ignorant. All opinions are equally valuable, not only to themselves, but to others as well. If we could try to communicate, we could both reach a far wiser, and more satisfying conclusion to accommodate not only one or two perspectives, but one carrying the weight of as many as a dozen.
The latter seems like a vastly more appropriate response than the former here, which is pretty decent in the face of such a thing.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If anything, Sora will know more abilities than Aqua when she comes out of the Realm of Darkness. Sure, she's got the title of Master but in BBS it was her first and only time out in the worlds using what she learned to fight.

Sora's saved the worlds, slept, saved the worlds again, saved some more worlds and slept again all in the time that it took Aqua to find her way to a beach front. (Not downplaying Aqua's accomplishments and struggles, but just showing that Sora isn't really in need of any Master when he's accomplished more than anybody)

That's true, though being a Master automatically gives her some edge, not to mention the Realm of Darkness is a pretty heft training ground, even though she's not aware of how long its been. Sora's definitely better off, at the moment.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The latter seems like a vastly more appropriate response than the former here, which is pretty decent in the face of such a thing.

Well, I'm gonna say it now that it might as well be dropped and all parties move on from the issue.

That's true, though being a Master automatically gives her some edge, not to mention the Realm of Darkness is a pretty heft training ground, even though she's not aware of how long its been. Sora's definitely better off, at the moment.

I was about to say "Who knows what Aqua experience in the RoD" then I remembered we are actually going to see a bit of that soon xD Whoops!

In the end, I imagine every characters has something to teach to each other and any perceived hierarchy won't exist at all between these characters. Nobody will see anybody as better or stronger than the other. They will merely teach each other, fight alongside each other, and become friends and comrades.

The title of Master is useless, in that way, at least.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KH power levels are so indistinct and unimportant. Sora battles Ansem SOD, one of the most powerful characters, at his most powerful in KH1. He later fights a swarm of nobodies and KHII and is overpowered by them. The game does what it wants.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH power levels are so indistinct and unimportant. Sora battles Ansem SOD, one of the most powerful characters, at his most powerful in KH1. He later fights a swarm of nobodies and KHII and is overpowered by them. The game does what it wants.

I like to blame KH2's terrible writing for that.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Swarm of nobodies at the beginning of KH2? He just woke up after a year of hibernation. It's understandable that he was a bit rusty

Kaijuguy19

Well, I'm gonna say it now that it might as well be dropped and all parties move on from the issue.

I was about to say "Who knows what Aqua experience in the RoD" then I remembered we are actually going to see a bit of that soon xD Whoops!

In the end, I imagine every characters has something to teach to each other and any perceived hierarchy won't exist at all between these characters. Nobody will see anybody as better or stronger than the other. They will merely teach each other, fight alongside each other, and become friends and comrades.

The title of Master is useless, in that way, at least.

That's how I view it too. I mean sure guys like Sora and Riku even managed to do a lot of things that most of the other characters haven't done but that doesn't mean it makes the actions of others like the BBS trio and Days Trio any less meaningful in their own right far from it especially if they played a huge part in the respective developments of Sora and Riku even Kairi as well. The games are about learning from one another and the importance of keeping bonds that I think focusing only on their shortcomings and flaws would be missing the point. Which is why that despite the shortcomings of the BBS trio they did manage to have their share of heroic moments,managed to stop Xehanort the best they can even if they didn't fully succeed and pretty much gave blessings that helped SRK later in the games history.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Regardless of his abilities, the jump from 1's combat to 2's reaction commands is ridiculous. Like damn son you don't even need drive forms when puberty gave you god like stamina and agility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back