• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wi-Fi Connection Signal.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight12

So basically, several of my friends have said i have bad connection on wi-fi. Some complain that they get lag and what not , and i would like to know how i could or what to do to prevent that. I use a Belkin 54g and my connection strenght is 3/5 bars. How could i further strenghten my connection, so it will run faster and so also my brawls dont get lag.

Any suggesstions will be welcomed. :D thanks in advance!

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
A lot of the time its not the wifi but the end point being used. What do you get 3/5 bars with?

Twilight12

im using a Belkin 54g and i get a signal of 3 bars out of 5. How can i get a better connection?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
You get 3/5 on what though? Im not asking about the router but the device that you are connecting to the router

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
im using a Belkin 54g and i get a signal of 3 bars out of 5. How can i get a better connection?

How far away is the router from the Wii? How many walls are between the router and the Wii? Are there any electronics (cordless phones, etc) near the router that may disrupt the signal?

And finally, how much do you know with regards to changing settings with the router?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
There are many factors that could cause this.... I first want to know the end point being connected >.>

Twilight12

well for one, theres no walls, theyre are cordless phones, another computer in the same room, and its about 12 feet away. The endpoint? Well i get 3/5 bars on my computer. I can check my signal and it has 3/5 bars colored. My brawl wi fi for people who usually live in eastern time have me on red, and very few people have me on like yellow. If I have someone on green, does that mean that I'm green on thiers 2? As for my knowledge on settings, i dont know much. Pretty much only the basics.

Look what i found btw.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Message Board - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Forum - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

I can't really make much out of it, because I've tried, and somewhere i get confused in all of this. I went by step by step, but something was different on mine than what they told me to do. :\

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
The problem isn't the wireless.

Phones, contrary to what many believe, do not affect wireless signals.. not even cell phones or 2.4Ghz phones. While yes, most 802.11 B & G specs run at this frequency. Those signals are specific bands in the 2.4Ghz spectrum, and chances of a phone interfering with a wireless network are non-existent. (Cellular phones use weak microwaves not radio waves, so that isn't a problem..)

But try running an ethernet cable for your game machines.
If you still have problems, then it is your internet connection itself.

~~Azure

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
If its just brawl, then thats normal.... out of my 20 wifi games, Brawl is the only 1 I get problems with. Its not your connection's fault really.

Twilight12

So, I just thought I'd bring this back up since, ONCE AGAIN, -.- I'm having this problem. For the past 2 weeks, My WI-FIs been shiet. I mean, its not just brawl, on MKW i got D/Ced and lost 300 VR points because of it D:.

Anyways, I was wondering if I could buy something for a a better connection strenght. My route is a hallway away, and I have a Belkin Wireless Towers in the wii room. I have a wireless phone, and another comp. in the same room. D:

Help someone D:

Wi-Fi makes me like throwing out this wii -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back