• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

why video games are never in Greek

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.A.T.13

Eh, I dunno. I geuss its like asking why videogames arn't in Swahili. Prolly because said country doesn't lisecnes the game. I don't think this topic belongs here...

Oxyrt

Website
www.myspace.com
it's not a major language. i am sure there are a lot of video game players there like anywhere else, but it's just not a big enough language to make a game specifically for it. i dunno. don't hit me.:cry:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If it makes you feel any better, not many videogames in Brazil get translated to portuguese. At most, the manuals are translated. These days I've been hearing of videogames being dubbed and translated here, but I haven't seen many...

Sword_Goddess

Website
inaheart.blogspot.com
Greek just isn't as widely spoken a language as say, Spanish. Since games tend to be released throughout Europe, they will use the most widely spoken language in a particular region. So, Greece would fit Souther Europe, but the main languages would be Italian, English and Spanish since they are more common in general.

twilight abyss

The reason for that is that in America it isn't a major language, but in other countries they probably have them

Also, nice avatar hades dragon, kenshins brother in law(forget his name) is awsome

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
Greek just isn't as widely spoken a language as say, Spanish. Since games tend to be released throughout Europe, they will use the most widely spoken language in a particular region. So, Greece would fit Souther Europe, but the main languages would be Italian, English and Spanish since they are more common in general.

Exactly. Game companies only cover the major languages of the continent.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
There are no Dutch translated games either (thank God, thank you), nor Swedish or Norwegian, right? Ditto for a lot of other languages.

So that's your reason. Ok its not a reason, but to show its not just Greek...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back