• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why use a guide?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

prod44

I dont understand why people would want to buy the guide and then play KH2? Won't that ruin the game exerience...for instance if you are stuck, you will just go the guide and find answer. Isnt it more fun finding that answer yourself?

I have never used a guide before for a game, and was wondering why would people want HURRY through this game that they have waited years for?

Someone explain please...Thanks :)

mikethesandbag

Lost in darkness...searching for the light.
Well, some people like using guides to help them get every single item or every single secret. I used to use guides all the time for my Pokemon games, and then I used them for the first KH, FFX, and SO3. However, when I played Tales of Symphonia, I didn't have a guide, and I realized that I liked playing through without it! It let me be completely independent! :D That's why I haven't used a guide on my first playthrough since. I pre-ordered the LE strategy guide, but I won't even open it until I finish KH2 for the first time! :D

Kraxm

I beat FF10 without a guide and later talking to a friend who had the guide I relized I had missed a lot of cool stuff.

prod44

Ya....I agree, everyone needs a walkthrough to find ALL teh secrets...but I wonder why people have the guide open in front of them while playing...

I realy beleive it ruins game experience...

I think i might also buy one (for the journal) but AFTER i have beet the game a couple times XD

EDIT:

Kraxm- hmm...i agree...but can't you play it again now knowing all the secrets...and FFX is a huge game...takes a while to beet it ;P

ultima238

i already my guide it is called the internet why buy it when you just go to gamefaq.com and they have guides for every game and show everyting

SpencerBarnes

going along with mike i think im going to beat the game first and then play it with the guide thats a good idea

Lunar Knight

American Person
I'll play the game without the guide and then use the guide to get all of the things I missed. Plus, the LE guide has a lot of cool things so that's mostly why I want to buy the LE guide.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The pictures, the pretty KH-ness, and great helpful hints, dum-dum. That's why. They're just cool. It won't ruin a thing. "/

P.S. Internet guides suck. I'd much rather have my own cool published guide than some boring thing filled with internet speak and typos.

OmegaChosen

Calm and Collected Veteran
Awards
i'm buying it but i'm not going to keep it open in front of me while i play it.
i only use it if i've tried every single possible thing i could think of and am at the brink of going insane. otherwise i just keep it there and stare in admiration
and after i beat the game i'm going to use it extensively

prod44

I see...well that's what most of the people seem to be saying...so you guys only buy it in case you get REALLY stuck...and apparently cuz of pretty pics XD

KeybladeWanter

prod44 said:
I dont understand why people would want to buy the guide and then play KH2? Won't that ruin the game exerience...for instance if you are stuck, you will just go the guide and find answer. Isnt it more fun finding that answer yourself?

I have never used a guide before for a game, and was wondering why would people want HURRY through this game that they have waited years for?

Someone explain please...Thanks :)

*cough* if you get stuck somewhere.....you try everything that u can do..and you're still stuck....you will want to use the guide....I mean I'll only use the guide when I get stuck the first time....but then I'll just look at the pics and just skim through it before i play the game.....and Internet guides could get annoying....*find game* *find where you are* *do half of it* *lost where it was* *get frustrated and blow up computer* I mean....that gets annoying...I printed out a 90 page guide from GameFAQs for KH1....I don't even use it.......because it skipped a lot and it's confusing...so I am just gonna use the guide....and I will be "stuck" for months so I'll always have a reason to play KH2!!!

Justsoul

I only buy the LE things for their features, other than that, Gamefaqs.com for the win!

Sharikaaria

i'm not going to use the guide at all on the first run through.. i only got the guide so i could find all the secrets and play the game to its fullest extent. actually, if there wasn't an LE guide, i wouldn't have bought a guide at all..

Sabrigami

I love all the screenshots and pics. not to metion some guides have funny writers. I just love them. but I won't use it much the first time around.

lostdude

this will be the first guide ill buy so the pictures better be worth it:) of course im not going to read every page then play the game that'll mess up the experience. just do what the other people say and read if i get really stuck.

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
ultima238 said:
i already my guide it is called the internet why buy it when you just go to gamefaq.com and they have guides for every game and show everyting

exactly, i completely agree with you, why buy a strategy guide when you have the internet and find everything you need, that's why i never buy a strategy guide except once when i didn't have internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back